Home

EA Sports College Football Releases in Summer 2024 - Dynasty Mode is a Priority

This is a discussion on EA Sports College Football Releases in Summer 2024 - Dynasty Mode is a Priority within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-29-2022, 08:06 PM   #97
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: EA Sports College Football Releases in Summer 2024

Plot Twist: "Dynasty Mode," is EA's new term for Ultimate Team in their college game.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 12-29-2022, 09:37 PM   #98
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports College Football Releases in Summer 2024 - Dynasty Mode is a Priority

I'm hoping they've figured out how to give us 85-man rosters.
Old 12-30-2022, 10:37 PM   #99
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: EA Sports College Football Releases in Summer 2024 - Dynasty Mode is a Priority

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton9
or even better yet still:
85 scholarship players plus 5 or 10 walk-on student athletes

13,000 players on ps5 technology (and new xbox whatever name) ought be able to handle the load

A Work in Progress

Last edited by Caulfield; 12-30-2022 at 10:40 PM.
Old 12-31-2022, 02:58 PM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 5

I am in no rush since I expect them to get as close to the experience and all the current features as possible. The playoffs will be expanded by that time, they should have the transfer portals along with HS recruiting figured out in some way. A better coaching carousel since you really couldn't hire a coach or get your OC/DC's hired by another school. Those are my main things, not really concerned about the players in as long as you can edit. I play Dynasty mode so it won't matter after year 5 who was in default roster.
Old 01-05-2023, 09:32 PM   #101
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Plot Twist: "Dynasty Mode," is EA's new term for Ultimate Team in their college game.
“Out recruit other schools from around the nation for the right to purchase the best blue-chip card packs and build a championship-level roster.”

Oh God … it honestly wouldn’t even shock me if they tried to pull a stunt like this in Dynasty mode. Can’t having anything that’s “free” in a game we spent $75 on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2023, 10:24 PM   #102
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
“Out recruit other schools from around the nation for the right to purchase the best blue-chip card packs and build a championship-level roster.”

Oh God … it honestly wouldn’t even shock me if they tried to pull a stunt like this in Dynasty mode. Can’t having anything that’s “free” in a game we spent $75 on.
Dynasty Mode's implementation of NIL will be you putting actual real life money into your in-game recruiting pitches. A multi-tiered system of "Booster Packages".
Old 01-05-2023, 10:50 PM   #103
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton9
Honestly, considering the number of players FIFA has to input into the game, this never really should have been an issue. We're talking 11,000 compared to FIFA's 19,000. At least with modern tech. Granted, it's time consuming, no doubt, if you're doing all real players. The technology isn't the limiting factor, though.

I'm hoping most everything is customizable.
  • Let us add and remove conferences. Probably unlikely due to licenses, but I'd love to make my dream league where every conference has 10 teams and they all play a round-robin before the playoffs.
  • Let us add teams without having to substitute any out. This would obviously go hand-in-hand with a Teambuilding feature that may or (more likely) may not exist, or a potential FCS bundle of teams they add.
  • Let us change logos and import from a PC. Like most of the other features I don't expect this because of licenses. Would be necessary if we could add conferences, however. Like recreating old, defunct groups.
  • Let us customize the playoffs to various sizes. 4, 8, 12, 16. Different options. Again, licensing may make this a difficult scenario to envision. How about swapping or adding bowls?
  • If the transfer portal exists in the game, and it sounds like it will, please allow us to turn it off. The portal is a frustrating experience for teams and fans as it is, I can't imagine trying to deal with it in a game environment. I get the desire for realism, but there's a reason games sometimes cut corners. Some things aren't fun.

I don't realistically expect any of this, and my expectations overall are extremely low. It's sad, but if we could at least get NCAA '14 with modern trimmings, that would be an acceptable floor. Not great by any means, just acceptable for a first iteration.

The gameplay will remain a bigger concern for me just because (IMHO) Madden hasn't been fun for a long time. It's slow and unintuitive. I guess that's a matter of preference. I enjoy NCAA '14 or even an older game like from the mid aughts much more, even despite a certain level of sophistication.
Old 01-06-2023, 05:31 PM   #104
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

The EA College Twitter account tweeted something and then deleted it. I believe it was about Hamlin, but possibly they are gearing up to announce something for Monday's game...or they just tweeted from that account instead of the Madden account by mistake.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »