Home

EA Sports College Football Releases in Summer 2024 - Dynasty Mode is a Priority

This is a discussion on EA Sports College Football Releases in Summer 2024 - Dynasty Mode is a Priority within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-25-2022, 03:25 AM   #73
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports College Football Releases in Summer 2024 - Dynasty Mode is a Priority

As most of you mentioned, the delay won't be an issue if the game is actually good. With EA's track record the last decade-ish though, that's far from a guarantee just because the release is pushed back.

Yes, the game will use the frostbite engine, which has been awful for Madden, and that's a huge let down. But NCAA Football 14 and Madden 25 were also built on the same engine, and they play a lot differently. I used to import my draft classes pretty consistently, so I'd play both games, and each game has a distinct difference. So it's nice to see this from the OS article:

- "There are 2 development teams. One for Madden and one for EA Sports College Football. Both teams share ideas and concepts but are also competitive with each other. This isn’t a Madden clone, it will be distinctly unique to college football"

The new(est) Madden versions have been absolutely atrocious, so I totally understand the low hopes most people I have. Honestly, I probably share almost all of the same feelings.

But since they've had SO MANY YEARS to make this game now, a small part of me is hoping it will be a major surprise and play well. If EA can't develop a good football game with essentially three years of development, they should never make one again.

Also, question:

2K or other companies could make a college football game too, right? They'd have to secure all the licenses too, but it sure would be nice to have some competition. NCAA Game Breaker was always good competition, much like Gameday and 2K were for Madden decades ago.
Old 11-25-2022, 11:41 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports College Football Releases in Summer 2024 - Dynasty Mode is a Priority

This news broke 5 days ago about the delay. Since then, we are five days closer to the release of this game
Old 11-25-2022, 04:36 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: EA Sports College Football Releases in Summer 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Hmmm, but what else could creating from scratch mean??
Art assets

Even if EA were to come out and explicitly say they did rewrite 100% of the code I wouldn't believe them.
1. Its a dumb business move
2. They lied about it before when they said they completely redesigned and rebuilt Madden's franchise from the ground up

Last edited by ggsimmonds; 11-25-2022 at 04:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2022, 11:21 AM   #76
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm glad. I was stressing about getting an NextGen console, now it buys me another year since my One S is still serving it's purpose.
Old 11-26-2022, 02:13 PM   #77
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14

Disappointing, but just get this right, EA. We will all be thankful if this is done properly.
Old 11-27-2022, 09:59 AM   #78
Rookie

ndfan1993's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffer26
Disappointing, but just get this right, EA. We will all be thankful if this is done properly.

They won't.
Old 11-27-2022, 03:56 PM   #79
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

it will be VERY interesting to see how they deal with the NIL dealings and paying players to be in the game.....probably one of the reasons for the delay. be on the lookout for some form of ultimate team and the like to help pay for these costs. which of course, means less attention to offline modes and such. ncaa football 14 was just before the ultimate team boom, so we'll see how his game turns out. smh.
Old 11-27-2022, 05:24 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfan1993
They won't.
I know the landscape has changed significantly in the last 10 years,
but I was never disappointed in any EA NCAAF game I bought from 2000-2013.
never. not one single time.

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »