Home

EA Sports College Football Releases in Summer 2024 - Dynasty Mode is a Priority

This is a discussion on EA Sports College Football Releases in Summer 2024 - Dynasty Mode is a Priority within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-27-2022, 10:56 PM   #81
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: EA Sports College Football Releases in Summer 2024 - Dynasty Mode is a Priority

The Frostbite Engine is the wrong direction in my opinion. Numerous EA games have suffered from the engine's nuances, even Battlefield, for which the engine was designed. If they're really building the game from the ground up, EA should design an engine that is optimized for football (or at least sports).

NCAA 14 was built on a proprietary engine then improved upon by Infinity Engine 2 (physics engine). The new addition provided the game with much more realistic physics (body, collision, cloth, etc.) that were optimized for football. I believe Madden used the same engine through Madden 25, but I may be mistaken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2022, 04:44 PM   #82
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: EA Sports College Football Releases in Summer 2024 - Dynasty Mode is a Priority

I know that I am in the minority opinion here and everywhere else with this statement, but the way that Madden looks and plays right now makes me totally fine with Frostbite being using for sports games going forward. IMO they have finally gotten a solid handle on things on the gameplay front with the animation coverage, logic, and blending being really good now, and I expected it to be even better by the time EA Sport College Football 25 releases.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 11-28-2022, 04:51 PM   #83
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Yea, Madden looks and plays well on the field for the most part. The main issues I have with Madden/EA have less to do with the engine and more to do with their priorities/leadsership. Obviously Madden is very buggy this year with some actual game breaking issues in franchise mode. It's also still plagued by many legacy issues that really to take away from the experience like CPU clock management for example. It's 2022, they should have the CPU be more advanced than scripted to call timeouts at the same exact time on the clock every single game when trailing. It's little things like that that we can change in 10 minutes on PC when modding the game, but EA hasn't been bothered to change and expand on in years.

― Plato
Old 11-28-2022, 11:44 PM   #84
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheredia
it will be VERY interesting to see how they deal with the NIL dealings and paying players to be in the game.....probably one of the reasons for the delay. be on the lookout for some form of ultimate team and the like to help pay for these costs. which of course, means less attention to offline modes and such. ncaa football 14 was just before the ultimate team boom, so we'll see how his game turns out. smh.
Ultimate Team in NCAA 14 was probably the best Ultimate Team there's been. I agree it's gotten awful over the years, but a college ultimate team is always way more fun because of the amount of legends you can bring back.

Also, it's been mentioned before, but the expectation is the players will receive something in the low 5 figures or high 4 figures for being in the game. Every player won't be in the game, because the rosters are hard to perfect during development with so much roster movement, but if we assume 70 players per team and all 131 FBS teams, and then say $7500 a player, that's 9,170 players multiplied by $7,500.

That's just under $69 million total for the names, and it could be a lower amount of players or even a lower amount of money. And while $69 million sounds high, Madden is estimated to bring in between $550 - $700 million in revenue every year. NCAA Football would probably bring in about 75% of that number. $70 million isn't a drop in the bucket but it's an easy sum to pay when the end result is a game they won't get sued for making and brings in hundreds of million in revenue.

I'm interested to see what they get out of curiosity, but the NIL portion of the game is a lot easier than people seem to think. There's no NCAA rules to worry about breaking, since the NIL stuff is pretty cut and dry. I don't think it had anything to do with the delay.
Old 11-28-2022, 11:47 PM   #85
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Yea, Madden looks and plays well on the field for the most part. The main issues I have with Madden/EA have less to do with the engine and more to do with their priorities/leadsership. Obviously Madden is very buggy this year with some actual game breaking issues in franchise mode. It's also still plagued by many legacy issues that really to take away from the experience like CPU clock management for example. It's 2022, they should have the CPU be more advanced than scripted to call timeouts at the same exact time on the clock every single game when trailing. It's little things like that that we can change in 10 minutes on PC when modding the game, but EA hasn't been bothered to change and expand on in years.
The gameplay on the PS5 is awful. The animations are better and there's way less pre-determined plays because of the available animations, but making the gameplay as slow as they have takes away from the enjoyment. Every play feels like you're running through ten inches of snow. I know some people prefer this, but I think it's awful. I really hope NCAA finds a way to speed up the gameplay if they're using the same engine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2022, 02:54 AM   #86
Rookie

Deckard75's Arena

A few things this game needs is the ability to create players that are realistic and to create a full roster team and the ability to upload the full rosters into a vault so they can be downloaded. If we have that, I am not so worried about whether EA gets full licensing or not.

That is part of the magic of the game.

Honestly if they just took NCAA 14 and upped the graphics and some game play and created a better roster and slider vault (here is looking at you MLB The Show) I would be very happy.

Something like revamped I guess but better.
Old 11-29-2022, 05:41 PM   #87
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenroad
Ultimate Team in NCAA 14 was probably the best Ultimate Team there's been. I agree it's gotten awful over the years, but a college ultimate team is always way more fun because of the amount of legends you can bring back.

Also, it's been mentioned before, but the expectation is the players will receive something in the low 5 figures or high 4 figures for being in the game. Every player won't be in the game, because the rosters are hard to perfect during development with so much roster movement, but if we assume 70 players per team and all 131 FBS teams, and then say $7500 a player, that's 9,170 players multiplied by $7,500.

That's just under $69 million total for the names, and it could be a lower amount of players or even a lower amount of money. And while $69 million sounds high, Madden is estimated to bring in between $550 - $700 million in revenue every year. NCAA Football would probably bring in about 75% of that number. $70 million isn't a drop in the bucket but it's an easy sum to pay when the end result is a game they won't get sued for making and brings in hundreds of million in revenue.

I'm interested to see what they get out of curiosity, but the NIL portion of the game is a lot easier than people seem to think. There's no NCAA rules to worry about breaking, since the NIL stuff is pretty cut and dry. I don't think it had anything to do with the delay.
There was an article a few months back that said it would probably just be the two-deep included so the players per team would be closer to 50 than 70. I imagine the compensation for the average player would be lower also. Players are getting 2.8% of jersey sales through Fanatics which is relatively low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard75
A few things this game needs is the ability to create players that are realistic and to create a full roster team and the ability to upload the full rosters into a vault so they can be downloaded. If we have that, I am not so worried about whether EA gets full licensing or not.

That is part of the magic of the game.

Honestly if they just took NCAA 14 and upped the graphics and some game play and created a better roster and slider vault (here is looking at you MLB The Show) I would be very happy.

Something like revamped I guess but better.
I wouldn't get your hopes up on a vault.
Old 12-01-2022, 01:17 PM   #88
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

Now with the Rose 🌹 Bowl agreeing to join the 12 team playoffs for 2024 season
This all makes sense and set in motion

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »