Home

Old 08-21-2022, 03:17 PM   #49
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Steam Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinDaMike
how are FPS and adventure games on this?
I would say its hit or miss. Some games run fine and others need some tweaking. I've tested a few games and from Madden 23, NBA 2K22, PGA 2k21 and they all run fine. Red Dead 2 and GTA V runs fine...only adventure games I've played.

I've also tested NFL 2K25 and it runs decent on PCSX2 . I'm in the process of installing the 2K23 Mod also. Anything from the PS2 emulator and down runs great. I'm having issues with RPCS3 and Hot Shots and NCAA 14.

The Steam Deck colors doesn't quite rival the OLED Switch, but Reshade works and it great, it makes 2K22 so much more vibrant. I'll post some pics soon showing the difference.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions

Last edited by fsufan4423; 08-21-2022 at 07:37 PM.
Old 08-21-2022, 08:14 PM   #50
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

Here is a pic of 2k22 running reshade. I over cooked the vibrance to show how reshade can make the colors pop. The original doesn't look too bad, I just like a bit of saturation.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

Old 09-01-2022, 02:39 PM   #51
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

OVR: 13

I’ve had the Steam Deck for a couple of days. First impressions are overall pretty positive.

It took me an hour to figure out to get Xcloud on the SD. I’m very much a newbie when dealing with Linux. Anyways, MLB The Show looked and played beautifully. Had some minor fps issues with FH5. NBA 2K22 looks great and played decently. I can see myself picking it up through Steam for that pc experience.

I also downloaded EA Play. Briefly played Madden. Flows nicely and looks pretty darn nice. Not a huge Madden fan but was curious.

The keyboard isn’t great. Scratch that, it’s awful. The battery isn’t great either but I generally don’t game longer than an half hour to an hour a day. Shouldn’t be an issue for me.

I’ll try and figure out the emulation so I can play NBA Street, Ratchet and Clank, Burnout, SSX , etc. The system seemingly can pretty much run everything.

Selling my oled Switch. I’m a fan of the Steam Deck!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2022, 06:27 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 24

I got my Steam Deck last night and got PS5 remote play set up and that blew my mind. I am pumped to play single-player and sports games handheld. I may clock 500+ hours on NHL now that I can play handheld on the couch while football is on.

Then, you know, actual Seam games has me back in PC gaming for the first time in a decade. I tried out AOE2 last night and with the track pads it actually worked insanely well. Going to have to finally play games like Mass Effect and Fallout now.
Old 09-02-2022, 10:17 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 13

Agreed! I got my Steam Deck a week or two ago and I am loving it! I do agree the keyboard is not great (at best) and the battery life is just okay, but to be able to play all of these games on a handheld is amazing. Madden 22 works fine, along with many of my other Steam games. PCXS2 generally works great (though NHL 09 and The Show didn't work so good). RPCS3 is hit or miss. NHL 10, NHL 2k7 and NHL 2k10 all seem to work okay, but NCAA 14, Madden and The Show are all too slow to be playable (if they open at all).
Old 09-03-2022, 10:43 PM   #54
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Should have my Steam Deck Thursday finally

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 09-04-2022, 05:44 PM   #55
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

I haven't touch mine in a week. Like Sportdan, trying to navigate Linux makes doing simple things frustrating. I did get some games and retro stuff installed. I recently got my 1TB SD card, so I'll be filling it up soon.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2022, 05:51 PM   #56
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
I haven't touch mine in a week. Like Sportdan, trying to navigate Linux makes doing simple things frustrating. I did get some games and retro stuff installed. I recently got my 1TB SD card, so I'll be filling it up soon.
That's why I got rid of mine a few weeks after I got it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »