Home

Old 10-30-2022, 01:40 PM   #73
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Steam Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerous
I've had the steam deck for a few weeks now. Got ps2 running, but ncaa football 2004 is not working well. I was able to create a school, start a dynasty, even play a game with good results, but the next game in my season was at a bigger stadium in the rain. The framerate took such a hit. It's like I'm playing in slow motion. Found a reddit post about settings to get 2k5 running better, but those made ncaa 2004 run worse.
What version of PCSX2 are you running? I installed mine from the website and installed it through desktop mode. Do you use Emudeck? I just tested NCAA 2004 in Michigan stadium with heavy rain and stayed around 60 fps. It did dip in the loading screen and warm up, but that's it.

Also, do you lock the GPU Clock Frequency at 1600 under the Performance tab? It helps a lot.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 02-10-2023, 12:00 PM   #74
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1
Steam Deck

Was just recently gifted a steam deck. Probably one the best gifts I’ve ever gotten. It’s definitely worth the $400 (64GB) for what this thing can do. It’s probably, no definitely, the most versatile gaming device I’ve ever seen.

Let’s get the obvious out of the way, this thing is lightweight, doesn’t get too hot, has a decent size screen and is very portable. It does exactly what you’d expect a portable gaming device to do in that sense. But then it turns things up a notch or 10.

Not only can you obviously play every single big AAA game on steam, but you also get all the PC exclusive games you’ve always missed out on, you can get emulators to play old games, and then on top of that you can also remote play your Xbox and PS. So now you can play both anywhere you want in your house without having to move the system. I’ve tried to do this with an iPad and controller before and it did not work nearly as well as the steam deck. Not to mention that you can also play it in docked mode and get a pretty good PC gaming experience.

The possibilities with this thing are through the roof. The support and community behind it are both tremendous as well. There are so many guides and tutorials to make your deck exactly how you want it. I’m not saying it’s perfect but for $400 (plus $50 for a 512GB SD), it’s really really hard to beat the value.

Last edited by tc020791; 02-10-2023 at 12:03 PM.
Old 02-10-2023, 08:42 PM   #75
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
Was just recently gifted a steam deck. Probably one the best gifts I’ve ever gotten. It’s definitely worth the $400 (64GB) for what this thing can do. It’s probably, no definitely, the most versatile gaming device I’ve ever seen.

Let’s get the obvious out of the way, this thing is lightweight, doesn’t get too hot, has a decent size screen and is very portable. It does exactly what you’d expect a portable gaming device to do in that sense. But then it turns things up a notch or 10.

Not only can you obviously play every single big AAA game on steam, but you also get all the PC exclusive games you’ve always missed out on, you can get emulators to play old games, and then on top of that you can also remote play your Xbox and PS. So now you can play both anywhere you want in your house without having to move the system. I’ve tried to do this with an iPad and controller before and it did not work nearly as well as the steam deck. Not to mention that you can also play it in docked mode and get a pretty good PC gaming experience.

The possibilities with this thing are through the roof. The support and community behind it are both tremendous as well. There are so many guides and tutorials to make your deck exactly how you want it. I’m not saying it’s perfect but for $400 (plus $50 for a 512GB SD), it’s really really hard to beat the value.
almost bought one from FB marketplace just for undisputed, but read that people tried it and it wouldn't run...now I'm reading that people are indeed playing it on there. I agree with all the points you made and that it provides a unique experience that you can take on the road as well - so I still may get one depending on how things shake out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2023, 09:15 AM   #76
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Do you guys think its worth it to get the 256GB one over the 64GB one? I dont plan on playing new games. Mostly just older games. Using it more as a retro handheld but I suppose the options to play newer ones is nice? I just dont know if its worth paying $120 more.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 03-17-2023, 04:15 PM   #77
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
Do you guys think its worth it to get the 256GB one over the 64GB one? I dont plan on playing new games. Mostly just older games. Using it more as a retro handheld but I suppose the options to play newer ones is nice? I just dont know if its worth paying $120 more.
Its worth it. Playing old games is nice, but playing newer AAA games is just awesome on the go. Plus, you're getting the faster NVMe ssd

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 03-18-2023, 11:51 AM   #78
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
Its worth it. Playing old games is nice, but playing newer AAA games is just awesome on the go. Plus, you're getting the faster NVMe ssd
Agree. Def worth it.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 03-27-2023, 12:10 PM   #79
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

Pretty sure I'm pulling the trigger this week.

Still can't believe this thing has the chops to run RPCS3.

Any feedback re: the docking station, particularly paired with a bluetooth controller?

Last edited by Madden08PCgmr; 03-27-2023 at 12:17 PM.
Old 05-11-2023, 06:06 PM   #80
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

45 days or so in.

SEVERLY underwhelmed. More crashes than a morning commute.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »