Home

Old 04-06-2024, 12:10 AM   #97
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Steam Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj2281
I'm debating a handheld, I travel a decent bit for work/vacation. Movies, books work, but I wouldn't mind being able to use my Game Pass games on the road.

What's the best solution for mostly offline gaming - with Game Pass Ultimate? I know i can make a Steam Deck do it, but it's not native. I'd rather have a quick, easy UI without paying for games separately.

Suggestions? Wait for a MS/XBOX handheld?
Probably the Legion Go, then Asus Rog Ally extreme. They are both windows.

The Legion Go you can take off the controllers like a Switch and it can be used as a windows tablet and it has a bigger screen. The Go is huge though but its the most powerful out of the windows machines and can run AAA games. 144hz screen and 1080p resolution. Battery life is terrible though on the windows machines and you will probably played plugged in or with a battery backup.

The Deck i would recommend if you have a Steam library or plan to buy on Steam. From what I researched, its a bit difficult to run xbox gamepass on steam os and you would have to setup a partition and install windows.

Steam deck oled by far has the best battery life.
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB

Last edited by RockinDaMike; 04-06-2024 at 01:33 AM.
Old 04-10-2024, 10:43 AM   #98
MVP

OVR: 13

Anybody using RPCS3 on the SD notice a difference recently? NHL 2k10 has worked fine since I got my SD, but within the last couple weeks, it crashes within a minute of booting up. Seems like a new build of RPCS3 broke it? My other games seem to still run fine. Can anyone else confirm? I am not sure if it is even possible that my ROM suddenly corrupted, but I am not a computer guy. . .
Old 04-17-2024, 09:21 AM   #99
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
Anybody using RPCS3 on the SD notice a difference recently? NHL 2k10 has worked fine since I got my SD, but within the last couple weeks, it crashes within a minute of booting up. Seems like a new build of RPCS3 broke it? My other games seem to still run fine. Can anyone else confirm? I am not sure if it is even possible that my ROM suddenly corrupted, but I am not a computer guy. . .
I haven't used my Steam Deck in so long. I just fired it up and had 70 updates. I'm gonna see if my RCPS3 is still running well. I may reset it and start over. I'll report back when I get everything finished.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »