Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2022, 01:50 PM   #66
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Steam Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportdan30
I tried using the Emudeck. It was pretty straight forward, but my problem I think was I didn't have the bios files. All I had was the roms files. I made it more complex than it probably was. In the end, I didn't want to mess around with it for games I'd likely play for just a short while.

It was definitely a chocolate vs. vanilla analogy for me. I know I'm in the minority as this portable pc has been receiving rave reviews and for good reason. I think if I was 15 years or so younger, I would be crazy excited about the Steam Deck. For me, it simply doesn't fit in to my life when I already have the Series X, PS5, and Switch. I hardly have time to play those consoles.
Not having time to play is understandable. I have a Series X and PS5 I never play. I have a PC with a 3090 and 5950X that I game on mostly. When the Deck was announced, it seemed crazy to think I could play all my PC games on a handheld. I still have my PSP, Vita, and Switch which I would play occasionally, so of course I was excited about the Deck.

Although the time it took to receive it killed the excitement, I'll eventually get around to putting some time into it. It's such a neat device, it would hard for me to let go of it.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 09-07-2022, 05:09 PM   #67
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

So far I've gotten GameCube, NES and PS2 games working. So far so good. Def need to grab a nice large micro SD card if I keep going.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 09-07-2022, 05:11 PM   #68
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
Not having time to play is understandable. I have a Series X and PS5 I never play. I have a PC with a 3090 and 5950X that I game on mostly. When the Deck was announced, it seemed crazy to think I could play all my PC games on a handheld. I still have my PSP, Vita, and Switch which I would play occasionally, so of course I was excited about the Deck.

Although the time it took to receive it killed the excitement, I'll eventually get around to putting some time into it. It's such a neat device, it would hard for me to let go of it.
That PC you have sounds sweet! Maybe eventually that will be the route I go. Enjoy the Steam Deck!
Old 09-08-2022, 03:26 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423

Agreed on the issues that limit gaming (how do we let life get in the way of gaming?). I have a PS4 I barely play, and my most-played console for the past several years has been my trusty Vita. To be able to use a handheld to play the games that can be played on a Steam Deck was a no-brainer for me.
Old 10-06-2022, 02:47 AM   #70
MVP

OVR: 3

SteamDeck supply seems to be improved. I reserved one on Saturday. Received email to purchase on Monday. Should arrive next week.
Old 10-06-2022, 01:00 PM   #71
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

I finally got around to exploring all the cool customizations you can do on the deck. From themes, plugins, boot animations, etc. I've been racking up on some older titles which run great on this device.

Most of the games are cheap also. Just got Lost Planet 3 for $4 and it runs so smooth. Just a all around excellent device.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2022, 11:02 AM   #72
Just started!

OVR: 0

I've had the steam deck for a few weeks now. Got ps2 running, but ncaa football 2004 is not working well. I was able to create a school, start a dynasty, even play a game with good results, but the next game in my season was at a bigger stadium in the rain. The framerate took such a hit. It's like I'm playing in slow motion. Found a reddit post about settings to get 2k5 running better, but those made ncaa 2004 run worse.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »