Home

Old 03-29-2022, 04:40 PM   #25
Go Wings!

OVR: 41
Re: Steam Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Over 350 games supported, not every game. And yeah to do anything Xbox you need an account, cloud streaming is part of Xbox Game Pass.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/games#cloud

Ultimate is $1 and then $14.99 a month, so low barrier of entry to yolo into it and give it a go to see how well it works for you.
I'd want to let Steam Deck get a 2nd version and work out the kinks, but I'm moving soon and believe that they don't have internet caps, so the streaming aspects are very intriguing....essentially what everyone hoped Switch allowed, but never has.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2022, 05:35 PM   #26
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
I'd want to let Steam Deck get a 2nd version and work out the kinks, but I'm moving soon and believe that they don't have internet caps, so the streaming aspects are very intriguing....essentially what everyone hoped Switch allowed, but never has.
Yup. Really the Vita should have been the first great streaming portable. It should have been relaunched w/ the PS4 to promote remote play and streaming gaming. Nothing but missteps with that platform between the memory card money grab and it's untimely demise declaring portable gaming is dead... a year later along came the Switch.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get a gaming-branded Surface that is similar to the Steam Deck. The reality though is phones are so powerful now, you just need a good form factor and the software support and you can accomplish much of the same - so really little point as they continue to get more and more powerful. By the time you're done with the necessary R&D you're eclipsed by the mobile market - exactly why Sony said they got out of the portable market in 2016 - it just wasn't really true yet.

Last edited by mestevo; 03-29-2022 at 06:44 PM.
Old 03-30-2022, 09:16 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Yup. Really the Vita should have been the first great streaming portable. It should have been relaunched w/ the PS4 to promote remote play and streaming gaming. Nothing but missteps with that platform between the memory card money grab and it's untimely demise declaring portable gaming is dead... a year later along came the Switch.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get a gaming-branded Surface that is similar to the Steam Deck. The reality though is phones are so powerful now, you just need a good form factor and the software support and you can accomplish much of the same - so really little point as they continue to get more and more powerful. By the time you're done with the necessary R&D you're eclipsed by the mobile market - exactly why Sony said they got out of the portable market in 2016 - it just wasn't really true yet.
Totally agree that Sony completely mismanaged the Vita. Such a great system. Sad that it was killed by its own creator!

I have to disagree on phones though. I cannot "game" on my phone. It just isn't designed for that. I need the feel of a gaming device to really enjoy playing. Buttons and thumb sticks. Triggers. That stuff. The phone is great for killing time with Angry Bird-type apps, but for gaming, I'll stick with my Vita until my Steam Deck is ready.
Old 03-30-2022, 10:34 AM   #28
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
Totally agree that Sony completely mismanaged the Vita. Such a great system. Sad that it was killed by its own creator!

I have to disagree on phones though. I cannot "game" on my phone. It just isn't designed for that. I need the feel of a gaming device to really enjoy playing. Buttons and thumb sticks. Triggers. That stuff. The phone is great for killing time with Angry Bird-type apps, but for gaming, I'll stick with my Vita until my Steam Deck is ready.
I agree with you 100% about phones. Touch controls don't do it for me.

That's why I love products like these.

I'm a bit less fond of the controller clips, they work well enough, but not so much since getting a Fold 3, and far less portable.

Old 03-31-2022, 11:23 AM   #29
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

That is a great point mestevo! I'd probably just invest in a great phone grip when i get a new phone soon...I don't need to install, so that takes away some of the need for the Steam Deck. The clips are brutal in general, never end up tight enough to stay in one spot as they wear out.
Old 04-01-2022, 12:24 PM   #30
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Mine arrived today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-04-2022, 09:58 PM   #31
Just started!

OVR: 0

Personally, I am absolutely happy with the purchase of Steam Deck. The main feature of the device is full compatibility with the Steam service, starting from the user interface, similar to what the player sees on the display of his personal computer, to the process of downloading games and, in fact, the game itself. After playing on the "big brother": laptop or desktop PC, you can then continue the game from the same place on the Steam Deck, and then again on the PC. I had to purchase an sd card to store games using the website https://esportsheadlines.com/best-st...-compatibility /.

Last edited by jeniffergate; 04-12-2022 at 02:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2022, 10:20 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
I agree with you 100% about phones. Touch controls don't do it for me.

That's why I love products like these.

I'm a bit less fond of the controller clips, they work well enough, but not so much since getting a Fold 3, and far less portable.

But, if I have to carry around clip-on controllers, then I might as well just get a dedicated gaming machine, like the Vita or the Steam Deck. I get where you're coming from, but at that point, the convenience of a phone is lost.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »