Home

OS Steam and Computer Gaming Thread

This is a discussion on OS Steam and Computer Gaming Thread within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-04-2012, 09:03 AM   #41
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: OS Steam and Computer Gaming Thread

I installed Crysis disc last night, which I had bought from amazon about 2-3 years ago and is the UK release. I never had this issue before, but now the game forces itself to 30hz vs. 60hz and I see it in the resolution. Is there something I'm missing as it has never done this before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie
I installed Crysis disc last night, which I had bought from amazon about 2-3 years ago and is the UK release. I never had this issue before, but now the game forces itself to 30hz vs. 60hz and I see it in the resolution. Is there something I'm missing as it has never done this before.
Maybe something in the .cfg file.??? Just a guess. Most games the .cfg file is the first place to make good tweaks
Old 04-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #43
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Maybe something in the .cfg file.??? Just a guess. Most games the .cfg file is the first place to make good tweaks
Thanks, I'll take a look and see if anything has changed in that.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:22 PM   #44
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

The 25ft HDMI cable came in and I got it hooked up to my receiver which runs to the plasma. I played some Bulletstorm and NBA2K12, pretty amazed how nice this looks on there. To my surprise, the 560 also bitstreams audio out which is quite awesome.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #45
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14

For any of you guys that like retro gaming. The original Fallout is being given away free on GOG.com for the next 48 hours. There is a widescreen high resolution fix for it as well (just do a quick search on the internet or check out the GOG.com forums for help locating it). One of the great old school rpg's ever.

Also, there is a free wing commander game that was redone by fans based on the Freespace 2 engine. It is called Wing Commander: Darkest Dawn, it has 55 missions and is a prequel to the Wing Commander III game, so it is an original game in a sense. It looks really good and is absolutely free. Check it out.

PC gaming is awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by choadler
For any of you guys that like retro gaming. The original Fallout is being given away free on GOG.com for the next 48 hours. There is a widescreen high resolution fix for it as well (just do a quick search on the internet or check out the GOG.com forums for help locating it). One of the great old school rpg's ever.

Also, there is a free wing commander game that was redone by fans based on the Freespace 2 engine. It is called Wing Commander: Darkest Dawn, it has 55 missions and is a prequel to the Wing Commander III game, so it is an original game in a sense. It looks really good and is absolutely free. Check it out.

PC gaming is awesome.
Thanks a bunch Choadler! I am very surprised it is even Vista or win 7 compatible!
Old 04-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #47
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I've found I've grown too shallow for retro gaming anymore...

I was going to pick up a digital copy of Diablo II after playing through the beta for III a dozen times. I remember owning it before, and getting stuck very early on multiple times as I hit points where my hero's power was much less than the enemies I was facing at that point... saw a couple screenshots, was sceptical it looked so bad... youtubed it... closed the window and didn't look back.

It's almost as if a game when loading, if it doesn't make my 5870 and i7 920 do some stretching exercises in anticipation of it running, I have little interest in the game anymore with few exceptions.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:54 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I've found I've grown too shallow for retro gaming anymore...

I was going to pick up a digital copy of Diablo II after playing through the beta for III a dozen times. I remember owning it before, and getting stuck very early on multiple times as I hit points where my hero's power was much less than the enemies I was facing at that point... saw a couple screenshots, was sceptical it looked so bad... youtubed it... closed the window and didn't look back.

It's almost as if a game when loading, if it doesn't make my 5870 and i7 920 do some stretching exercises in anticipation of it running, I have little interest in the game anymore with few exceptions.
I am too, to a extent. But not entirely, depending on the game. Our minds tend to over rate games from our past and childhood when in today standards are only subpar. There is key games that stand the test of time. Mike Tyson's Punch Out, X-Com, Fallout, Hitman Blood Money, Max Payne 2 and I am sure several others you could think of. I went back and played through Hitman blood money again and it was just as good now as it was then.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »