Home

OS Steam and Computer Gaming Thread

This is a discussion on OS Steam and Computer Gaming Thread within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-30-2012, 01:49 PM   #17
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: OS Steam and Computer Gaming Thread

Very good choice. You'll love it. Very slick looking, very slick performing.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:10 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Very good choice. You'll love it. Very slick looking, very slick performing.
Oooohhhh yeeeeaaaaaa
Old 03-30-2012, 04:08 PM   #19
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

This 560 completely rocks, I put it through its paces on a few titles last night and my jaw dropped. I tried the demo for Just Cause 2 and couldn't believe how good it looked vs. trying it with my GTS 250.

I d/l NBA 2K12 overnight, so I'll be checking that out today. The real test, to try and run Crysis at higher settings which on my previous card would only run on Medium.

I see Phobia and WTF you guys were recommending ASRock mobo's, but reading many user reviews on Newegg, these boards are getting blasted too with DOA's and other various issues. How are the Intel branded and Gigabyte boards?
Old 03-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #20
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Candy, you going for an Intel build or AMD? First things first . And what type of a budget for the MOBO are you looking at? I'll find you one

Z68 Board for Intel i3/i5/i7

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157271

$121, not bad at all for such a full featured board. I had this exact one, and it's an amazing board . Extremely easy to "build" using this board.

Also had:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157281

$129 for a full featured core unlocking AMD board. Had this paired with a Zosma 960T (unlocked to 6 core), GREAT setup too. Handles hex core processors as well.

Last edited by WTF; 03-30-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Its also worth noting, all products will feature "bad reviews" of some sort. Also products arriving dead is just nature of the beast when it comes to building PCs. There are so many factors into this, so that is why it is great to do business with a company with a good return swap policy such as Newegg. I have dealt with my share of DOA products. Ship it back and wait for the new. It is not common but for sure something that can happen.

So with that said, look at the percentage of 5 stars, 4 stars then 1 stars. If your 1 star percentages are climbing up equal to around the 4 star mark then you want to review the product more. You want to look for a product with not only good user reviews but also what the pros say, so google reviews on the item.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #22
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Candy, you going for an Intel build or AMD? First things first . And what type of a budget for the MOBO are you looking at? I'll find you one

Z68 Board for Intel i3/i5/i7

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157271

$121, not bad at all for such a full featured board. I had this exact one, and it's an amazing board . Extremely easy to "build" using this board.

Also had:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157281

$129 for a full featured core unlocking AMD board. Had this paired with a Zosma 960T (unlocked to 6 core), GREAT setup too. Handles hex core processors as well.
I'm going with an Intel build for sure, for gaming I had heard that AMD is not as good. I'm going back and forth between the i3 and i5, but it seems like the i5 is probably the route to take.

I would even be open to getting a m-ATX board too as long as it has some decent features. I doubt I'm going to go SLI at all considering that then I'll need to water cool it. Having one PCI-e slot is ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Its also worth noting, all products will feature "bad reviews" of some sort. Also products arriving dead is just nature of the beast when it comes to building PCs. There are so many factors into this, so that is why it is great to do business with a company with a good return swap policy such as Newegg. I have dealt with my share of DOA products. Ship it back and wait for the new. It is not common but for sure something that can happen.

So with that said, look at the percentage of 5 stars, 4 stars then 1 stars. If your 1 star percentages are climbing up equal to around the 4 star mark then you want to review the product more. You want to look for a product with not only good user reviews but also what the pros say, so google reviews on the item.
Thanks for your thoughts on this, some of the boards I was looking there was way more negative than anything positive.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #23
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Great thread. But who's Candy? Is Captain Zombie the poster formerly known as the other Candyman?

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 03-30-2012, 08:20 PM   #24
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Great thread. But who's Candy? Is Captain Zombie the poster formerly known as the other Candyman?
Yes, I am the original Candyman, gearsx8, Metropolis, and many million more name changes over the last almost 10 years. LOL!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »