Home

OS Steam and Computer Gaming Thread

This is a discussion on OS Steam and Computer Gaming Thread within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-13-2024, 01:23 PM   #5329
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: OS Steam and Computer Gaming Thread

I've built almost every single one of my PC's for the last near 20 years now, but I finally decided to just pay the additional charge to have someone build my custom PC for me this go around. I was initially going to try and wait to not build a new PC until Arma 4 and/or GTA VI made it to PC, but I let myself get weak and just ordered a new PC that NZXT is going to build and ship to me.

Currently I have a 10700k, 3080, and 32gb of DDR4 at 3200mhz.

I will be featuring AMD in my PC for the first time every with a 7800x3D, 4080 super, and 64gb of DDR5 at 6000mhz.

My build still holds up pretty well in most games that I play, but there were times with Red Dead 2 that it would get tested and fall below 60fps easily, which wasn't terrible in a game like RDR2, but I've also been back into Escape from Tarkov big time as well as The Finals, and both of those games have really stressed the 10700k at times. From the benchmarks and experiences I've seen from other users that made the same CPU upgrade, they were seeing 60% more FPS at minimum in Tarkov with their average frames doubling on some of the maps. I haven't looked at the jump I can expect in The Finals, but I am sure it will be significant as well.

I also am the one that often hosts anything we do in Arma as a group, so having a beefier CPU and more RAM will always be welcome. However, I may just turn this current PC into a dedicated server PC that is also used as my 3D modeling and Unreal Engine PC so that I can use the new one strictly for gaming, web use, and other smaller tasks.

Turning it into a dedicated server may allow us to play a lot of games like Arma with a better overall experience compared to me always being sub 30fps and their performance suffering because of it as well. I also play plenty of Cities Skylines with tons of mods and assets, so the jump in CPU power and going to 64gb of RAM is going to be felt there for sure.

It may have been overkill to upgrade every single component in my PC, but, hey, it's my money, I'm very fortunate in life, and I'm hiding behind the excuse that it's my birthday present to myself.

― Plato
Old 03-13-2024, 03:41 PM   #5330
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Hey if anyone here is interested in upgrading from a 3080 to a 4070 Super, please PM me.

The reason is I am getting a new PC to review and I'm going to put my 4080 in it, which will leave me with a 4070 Super.

I am in the process of trying to build a new PC for a guy with a budget and there's no way he could afford a 4070 Super. He wants a 3080.

So I'm open to trade cards with someone for some $$$. If interested then PM me please.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 03-19-2024, 05:19 PM   #5331
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009's Arena

OVR: 0

You can stream anywhere, provided you own the game on Steam. Not sure if anyone knows about this. BUT you have to pay to use the service lol.

www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce-now/games/

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2024, 11:18 AM   #5332
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009's Arena

OVR: 0

Valve Introduces New Steam Family Game Sharing Program
https://www.gameinformer.com/2024/03...haring-program

Old 03-21-2024, 04:07 PM   #5333
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

New PC is here and I've already installed some games and tested it out.

Tarkov was running better with DLSS off than it was with it on on the last build. Was feeling so smooth. I didn't know that the game could even run smooth. I had gotten used to how it felt before with the sluggishness I was experiencing.

The Finals just ran completely maxed out at 1440p and never dropped below 130fps despite a couple of players making it their goal to destroy every building in site. A significant upgrade over the stuttery game it used to be for me on the old setup when things go hectic.

Not sure what I want to throw at it next, but it feels nice having a fresh install, so few things on the PC at this time, and having the games run as smooth as they are.

Also, the 4080 Super is basically the size of Mrs. Canes' torso. This thing is gigantic compared to the GPU's I grew up using.

― Plato
Old 04-01-2024, 09:04 AM   #5334
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

Don't get Balatro if you have anything productive you have to do lol.

I seem to play these indie roguelike games more than any other game. I guess having a steam deck now will be good for these type of games
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 04-02-2024, 01:28 AM   #5335
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinDaMike
Don't get Balatro if you have anything productive you have to do lol.

I seem to play these indie roguelike games more than any other game. I guess having a steam deck now will be good for these type of games
Yep Balatro is way too addicting. I got nearly 100 hours already without it feeling like I put that much time into it. Trying to get everything unlocked and I'm missing the last deck for beating orange stake and discovering the last planet card. I'm pretty sure I'm missing the full house same suit whatever they would call it on this.

This was the game to make me bite on purchasing the Steam Deck OLED too. I just have a bunch of roguelite games like binding of isaac, balatro, dead cells, hades and also some emulator games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2024, 03:59 AM   #5336
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
Yep Balatro is way too addicting. I got nearly 100 hours already without it feeling like I put that much time into it. Trying to get everything unlocked and I'm missing the last deck for beating orange stake and discovering the last planet card. I'm pretty sure I'm missing the full house same suit whatever they would call it on this.

This was the game to make me bite on purchasing the Steam Deck OLED too. I just have a bunch of roguelite games like binding of isaac, balatro, dead cells, hades and also some emulator games

ooo wow 100 hours. I'm already 10% there and I just got this game the other day lol. It took awhile to understand what was going on but just like Hades you learn every death.

Main reason I got a Steam Deck was to kill my back log but i think i'll be playing this and games like Hades/Vampire Survivors on it the whole time
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »