Home

OS Steam and Computer Gaming Thread

This is a discussion on OS Steam and Computer Gaming Thread within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #9
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Have it installing right now Candy. I absolutely LOVE watching it at 1080P on the plasma. Very nice looking game. Especially when you start w/ the stadium shadow mods, etc.
Nice, does it run much smoother than the consoles? I can't wait to replace this CPU, my old setup will be going to the kids.

How is gigabyte these days for mobo's? I was thinking between Asus and Gigabyte, possibly a Z68 so I have room to upgrade plus I was reading Ivy Bridge might be compatible with the Z68 mobo's but nothing confirmed that I can find.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: OS Steam and Computer Gaming Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie
Nice, does it run much smoother than the consoles? I can't wait to replace this CPU, my old setup will be going to the kids.

How is gigabyte these days for mobo's? I was thinking between Asus and Gigabyte, possibly a Z68 so I have room to upgrade plus I was reading Ivy Bridge might be compatible with the Z68 mobo's but nothing confirmed that I can find.
I had a stretch where I had nothing but issues with Asus, weird blue screens for no reason, odd CTD, and just instabilities. I don't know how their new chipsets are, but I switched to ASRock and have had nothing but good things to say about them.

Not sure about Gigabyte, I have never run a board by them.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:21 PM   #11
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Yeah, my last few have been ASRock. The 990FX is great, as is the 970FX. I've had a couple of m-ATX boards from Gigabyte that were pretty solid, but if you can, try to grab a ASRock. The top tier Asus (RoG) are pretty good boards, but not worth the premium that you pay to get them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2012, 05:41 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Yeah, my last few have been ASRock. The 990FX is great, as is the 970FX. I've had a couple of m-ATX boards from Gigabyte that were pretty solid, but if you can, try to grab a ASRock. The top tier Asus (RoG) are pretty good boards, but not worth the premium that you pay to get them.
Anyone know why newegg is no longer carrying OCZ ram?

I have the 4 gig OCA Reaper and would like to grab another 4 gigs of the same just for stability reasons. Yet I might have to go to a outside source for that, which sucks cause Newegg is the best.

Last edited by Phobia; 03-29-2012 at 05:43 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #13
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Have it installing right now Candy. I absolutely LOVE watching it at 1080P on the plasma. Very nice looking game. Especially when you start w/ the stadium shadow mods, etc.
It's easy to make your own now with the FXAA injector mods. Goes for any DX9 game.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:18 PM   #14
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I had a stretch where I had nothing but issues with Asus, weird blue screens for no reason, odd CTD, and just instabilities. I don't know how their new chipsets are, but I switched to ASRock and have had nothing but good things to say about them.

Not sure about Gigabyte, I have never run a board by them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF

I've read about people having some issues with the Asus Z68 mobo's. It looks like TigerDirect/CompUSA doesn't carry ASRock, did you get them from Newegg?

How is PNY with their video cards?

I picked up the EVGA 560 2GB GDDR5 card, ran a few things on it so far and runs games much much smoother than my GTS 250.

Last edited by CaptainZombie; 03-29-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #15
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
It's easy to make your own now with the FXAA injector mods. Goes for any DX9 game.
Which has framerate effects for those with lesser computers. The miracle jerseys and stadiums do not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

I have decided on this GTX 560 Ti
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814500231

$250 with mail in rebate Plus Battlefield 3. So basically the card for 200 plus the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »