Home

OS Steam and Computer Gaming Thread

This is a discussion on OS Steam and Computer Gaming Thread within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #49
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: OS Steam and Computer Gaming Thread

Yeah, with some the art lends to their charm. Tribes 1 is probably another good one that fits in that category, Punch Out which you mentioned is a fantastic example. A simple remake I don't think would go over so well. Players now can't simple 'flash' and punch you.

My memory of Diablo was that it looked nice at the time and was kinda fun. Playing other games for half a decade and applying that same memory to it now results in... well... an unfavorable impression.

Last edited by mestevo; 04-05-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #50
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I've found I've grown too shallow for retro gaming anymore...

I was going to pick up a digital copy of Diablo II after playing through the beta for III a dozen times. I remember owning it before, and getting stuck very early on multiple times as I hit points where my hero's power was much less than the enemies I was facing at that point... saw a couple screenshots, was sceptical it looked so bad... youtubed it... closed the window and didn't look back.

It's almost as if a game when loading, if it doesn't make my 5870 and i7 920 do some stretching exercises in anticipation of it running, I have little interest in the game anymore with few exceptions.
I agree to a certain extent. However, the infinity engines that grace Baldur's Gate Series, IceWind Dale, Fallout, and Planescape hold up very well and are still loads of fun.

Also very excited for the Baldur's Gate enhanced edition. Going to be watching that closely.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:12 AM   #51
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

I was going to build my own PC and then I looked at the PC games I've been playing lately. Pretty much only sports text Sims, Fallout, Baldurs Gate, Sim City 2000, with some Civ and XCom thrown in. I should be good for a bit. Retro gaming rules!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2012, 09:15 AM   #52
Older

luv_mist's Arena

Since all the hoopla about what M$ and $ony are trying to do, I've decided that I might be a heavier of gamer now as compared to before. I did build my computer. Got a cheap download for Batman:AC. Looking forward to playing it. Shouldn't really be thinking about it that much since I'm at the hospital for birthing but I'm anticipating.

Waiting to see if I could eventually scoop NBA 2K12. Don't have anytime to game it seems. Just finally bought a receiver for the 360 controller. They don't even sell them in stores it seems now. Weird honestly. I guess I'm going to be making a smooth transition.

Sent from here to there
Old 04-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #53
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I don't remember them ever selling receivers for the 360 controller in store, I always saw it online only.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #54
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Best Buy and Meijer carry them. I've saw them at Walmart once in a blue moon.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #55
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Yea I was doing more research and it looks like I am just going to go with the Logitech MK550

Also do you ever notice any interference with your wireless internet from the 360 wireless adapter? I seen some complaints with that.
It looks like I'll need to look at getting a new keybd/mouse with the computer in the other room I can't get enough range. I was reading the Logitech Mk710 offers about 30 feet in range. I have no issues with the 360 controller working off the receiver with no lag from the other room so I think this might work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I don't remember them ever selling receivers for the 360 controller in store, I always saw it online only.
I don't think BBY sells the receivers individually, can't recall if they ever had them by themselves.

How many 360 controllers can you run off of one receiver? If I wanted to play NBA 2K12 with my son, can we use 2 360 controllers off the one receiver?

BTW, that Amazon spring sale has GTA 4 for $5.....thinking of getting it to try and run those insane mods.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #56
Older

luv_mist's Arena

I think it's able to run 4 controllers. They sell the controllers with the receiver but I already have two good working controllers. What I want to know is if I can get a battery swapped or something. I think I'll use the Duracell rechargeable batteries I have around the house.

Does that GTA have the downloadable stuff with it? Sounds pretty good. DA BULLS!!

Sent from here to there

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »