Home

College Football Off Topic

This is a discussion on College Football Off Topic within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2024, 12:24 PM   #10009
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: College Football Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I'd rather they remove the December signing date and the transfer window. I rather see player movement moved outside of the season. I'm cool with the Summer and February date.

The problem with that is schools don't allow transfers to enroll in February. It's hard enough for the transfers coming from the 2 championship teams.

The December window allows high schoolers to enroll in January and transfers need to be enrolled to practice. If you remove that, then freshman don't play much and transfers get cut down a lot because they don't get spring practice.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Old 03-10-2024, 01:17 PM   #10010
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
The problem with that is schools don't allow transfers to enroll in February. It's hard enough for the transfers coming from the 2 championship teams.

The December window allows high schoolers to enroll in January and transfers need to be enrolled to practice. If you remove that, then freshman don't play much and transfers get cut down a lot because they don't get spring practice.

My line of thinking with that really isn't pro-player. It just prevents the distraction of player movement in season. If a recruit wants to early enroll in January, then committing in June should allow that. It just puts an emphasis on a recruit being certain on signing the NLI. But, this does hurt the transfers NGL. This forces the transfer to have to stick around with a school they don't want to throughout the spring sessions, especially when coaches can just up and leave whenever it seems.

What's the best way to handle the Transfer Portal? I really don't think there needs to be 2 windows. Ideally, I would want it outside of the season, but the school academic calendar prevents them from them having the window and being able to enroll for the spring. The second window is essentially just players realizing they don't like the situation that they are in.
Old 03-10-2024, 01:26 PM   #10011
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
What's the best way to handle the Transfer Portal? I really don't think there needs to be 2 windows. Ideally, I would want it outside of the season, but the school academic calendar prevents them from them having the window and being able to enroll for the spring. The second window is essentially just players realizing they don't like the situation that they are in.
I agree about the 2nd transfer window. Now you will have players wo got beat out in spring leaving. It's going to be hard to keep any depth for college coaches.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2024, 01:52 PM   #10012
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
I agree about the 2nd transfer window. Now you will have players wo got beat out in spring leaving. It's going to be hard to keep any depth for college coaches.

I didn't like the idea last year of guys leaving right before the Spring Game. If you made it that far into Spring, at least play in the Spring Game. Even if you know you got beat out of the spot, at least put more film out for other teams. The problem with the second window is that by time it gets there, the players know the hierarchy of the team and know that they are going to transfer out. When a player is mentally checked out of the team, it usually shows. It's hard to build that Chemistry when you know guys aren't going to be there after the spring.

It's not just depth after the 2nd window, it's still teams having to fill their rosters out. You think of these teams that had the last Coach Carousel run, Alabama, Washington, Arizona, Michigan, UCLA, etc. A lot of these teams are going to have to fill out roster in the 2nd window. The 2nd Window isn't typically full of quality starters. The second window is usually "they're in the Portal for a reason" players. The best case for those teams that need to fill out the roster and get quality players is to tamper lol
Old 03-10-2024, 08:58 PM   #10013
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Just want to say I can't believe an NCAA game is legit happening. I never thought I'd see it again.

I hope to heavens it's even 1/2 as good as the old game. I miss it. It's the reason I even found this site years ago.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 03-20-2024, 12:23 AM   #10014
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Kadyn Proctor apparently transferring back to Bama in April after transferring to Iowa in January... this stuff is wild

Watch me play video games
Old 03-20-2024, 12:42 AM   #10015
Heyoka.

EUBlink's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Kadyn Proctor apparently transferring back to Bama in April after transferring to Iowa in January... this stuff is wild

Lots of rumblings about Caleb Downs also. Nothing that I would consider worthy of worry for Buckeyes fans, but it's still funny. Thr NCAA gets their hands slapped by the courts nearly every time a team takes league matter before their dockets, it seems. These players are lowkey writing their own rules at the moment, and they know it.

Seeing how much money universities and the NCAA are raking in with my own eyes in a few different scenarios over the past few years, I have no sympathy for any of the ones stressed out about not having control.

I'll do nothing but grin as these kids make however much they possibly can. I just hope they handle it all wisely and invest for their own futures.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2024, 01:19 AM   #10016
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by EUBlink
Lots of rumblings about Caleb Downs also. Nothing that I would consider worthy of worry for Buckeyes fans, but it's still funny. Thr NCAA gets their hands slapped by the courts nearly every time a team takes league matter before their dockets, it seems. These players are lowkey writing their own rules at the moment, and they know it.

Seeing how much money universities and the NCAA are raking in with my own eyes in a few different scenarios over the past few years, I have no sympathy for any of the ones stressed out about not having control.

I'll do nothing but grin as these kids make however much they possibly can. I just hope they handle it all wisely and invest for their own futures.
Yeah I saw that, too. I have no problems with what the players are doing. For many of them, this is their highest earning potential, so take advantage

Watch me play video games

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »