Home

Undisputed Content Update Adds More Fighters, Venues, AI Improvements & More - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on Undisputed Content Update Adds More Fighters, Venues, AI Improvements & More - Patch Notes within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-02-2023, 12:55 PM   #49
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Undisputed Early Access Impressions - Coming for the Belt

I for one enjoy reading everyone's impressions in beta and as early adapters. Been praying for a boxing game to return NOT EA.

I'm pulling for the developers (Steel City Interactive & Ten24 Media)1024 has already impressed me with their art and Steel City founded Feb 19 2020 right at the start of the pandemic and here they are, with their first game
Old 02-02-2023, 02:18 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
completely agree but your comment in bold here I'm actually more worried and I'll tell you why. I'm on the discord where there is A LOT of action and the developers routinely answer questions etc. Those guys are on there all day like it's a full time job and so I can see what comments/dispositions are reaching the developers the most. I've commented trying to get them to realize but it's probably to no avail.

The most vocal people are highly competitive and above all else simply want to win.
Ah you're right, I sometimes still get stuck in the view of limiting it to two categories -- hardcore and casual. But in reality there is casual, hardcore-sim, and hardcore-competitive.

The hardcore-competitive crowd usually has more clout because of the potential monetization.
Old 02-02-2023, 03:27 PM   #51
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

I've enjoyed my brief time with it but I agree with some complaints about the stiffness in some of the boxing animations. I only boxed in 3 fights offline against the CPU on out of the box difficulty. While the cpu routinely likes to push the action initially they will become hesitant as the fight goes on as they take damage and you show your ringmanship. For anyone fighting Frazier be very weary of his body shots. I was beating him on 2 judges scorecards in the final round when he caught me with a bodyshot. There was no daze mode before the knockdown as I got gut punched and immediately keeled over..lol. He got me in the same manner in the 6th round as well. The 3rd judge had me down 10 points 109-99. I love the realism that they actually added corrupt judges on the take

This game is not finished at all but hopefully with a little more time/polish it and can reach it's full potential. Love to see some improvement in the damage model and animations..

*For those weary of paying the $30.00 to try it..I believe Steam still has a policy that you can get a refund on any game if you play it for less than 2 hours(Double check this for yourself). Therefore, If you don't like the feel of the game after a few fights just request a refund..
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2023, 01:34 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 0

Got my first flash knockout last night. Cruiserweight fight. Me as RJJ against Usyk. First round, I was up on two judges scorecards nothing major just playing eachother out, then second round we both loaded up for a huge straight. His landed, mine didn't. Mouthguard went flying and camera went into an almost Slow-motion" view while RJJ fell to the mat. No count, automatic KO. It looked great.

Game definitely needs some polish on the fighting side of things (More power mainly, right now you can get away with just blocking the body as stamina is playing a far too great of a role, and some AI work is needed for some fighters, Tyson Fury sticks out as he 99.9% of the time leads with body shots, so it's been a breeze countering him all match. But on the other side, Sugar Ray Robinson is an absolute nightmare to face, so I think they have certain styles being represented pretty well, just need to expand to the rest of the roster)

But for what's being offered for an Early Access release? Colour me impressed, it can only go up from here.
Old 02-03-2023, 03:13 PM   #53
Pro

They also already released an update. Small things, but a good sign that they are actively listening and working on it. This is why early access exists.
Old 02-03-2023, 04:23 PM   #54
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ke_nyc
On my second fight. Not sure if it’s a early bug but cpu stamina doesn’t decrease. First fight got koed by Fury(cpu) Wilder(me) in rd 6 Furys stamina was at 100. Here I am 3 rds into my 2nd fight cpu stamina at 100.
I watched a few videos on YT and from what I could figure stamina didn't affect the online opponent like an AI opponent at least on Pro setting. One guy I watched was still able to outpoint the AI opponent even with stamina for his fighter near 40 while the AI opponent was near 80. Commentary got stale real quick not bad but very repetitive.
Old 02-03-2023, 11:20 PM   #55
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

I have to say, I'm still playing and will share some really good positives since I've been quite hard on the game. It's def better than fight night ...100%

Online is a good experience - although I have some serious input lag using shadow pc. I actually got robbed of a flash KO win using sugar ray robinson with a slip and left uppercut just like Tank Davis' it was a beauty.

Having said that I'm like 3-10 overall or something, mostly because of the counter situation but also legit wins. I've been using matchups and trying to box like the real guy. One of the fun ones is Canelo actually because of how well he moves in terms of looking legit like Canelo. I fought Ray Leonard and lost a 12 round decision 8-4 mostly which was the right call and probably resembled what might have happened in real life at Welter Weight.

I noticed online it's common for Stamina to drop almost dividing a 12 round fight into 3rds. You'rd good for 3-4 rounds then drop significantly, then again and the last few rounds most people are VERY conservative. I fought Fury 3 times, twice with Joe Louis and there was a few rounds where we probably only threw like 20 punches total. I actually wonder what would happen if I played like that in the first few rounds if I'd have way more gas in the tank or not. So back to my not like FN comment, there is totally much more strategy and adjustments going on. I'll notice guys circling too much to their right and cut off the ring w/ power body hooks and they will get the picture and have to adjust. I'll be ripping tried and true combo's like the 1-2, 1-2-3 or 1-body hook and slip and move. My last 12 rounder vs RJJ I was SRR I threw 699 punches, 220 body shots, 120 jabs and a mixed bag of hooks and uppercuts. Not bad - He was the highest I'd faced yet though at about a thousand punches. We both rocked each other but in particular I had to adjust because my left head was getting tagged too much by his right hooks - so I adjusted and made that a priority - little things like that was cool to see and he had the longer reach so many rounds had a cat and mouse thing going on.

Offline I ran the gamut. I've been the journeyman against greats, done classic matchups and been the favourite adjacent the lowest rated. I've also ran some of my own "tests" 90% of the time I just fight like a boxer and according to their attributes, size and so on. So while one positive is 1-power 2 (cross) it looks great, feels great and is so satisfying to see it land and the hit reaction too - but the follow up isn't there which is why I keep harping on counters. I was Enzo the cruiserweight vs lyndon arthur and just backed up and kept nailing him over and and over coming in w/ the big cross and it looked devastating but it never resulted in a knockdown and only after 20+ a rock here and there.

So there are some GREAT punch animations and reactions for sure. The fighters look GREAT and the sweat flying and body shots and faces look fantastic 100%. The lighting is also really cool - it's not realistic, it's much more 'moody' but it really makes the fighters/ ring/ropes etc pop and I think has a great look to it. Having played over 60 fights now, I think the stamina is actually pretty good. The short term some including myself may question, but over the whole fight it seems to bring strategy and realistic stats - maybe more regeneration based on output could be a think, like if you take a 'round off' maybe you get more. Some fights ending w/ 23% stam you can only throw 2 punches max before it's empty - I don't have a solution, as I said it seems to create strategy and maybe i need to take some early rounds much easier to see if I benefit later in a more exaggerated way that what I've seen.

Combinations are good, most punches have good animations - I think problems people see is when your short term is down the punches looks like dream punches like pillows and slow. Some say the full stam punches look too slow but I'd argue they're too fast, in fact the whole game could slow down 10% - heavyweights moving so fast and fluid around the ring and punching sometimes look like it's in fast-forward. To me the biggest punches that need addressing w/o the power modifier is jabs and straights/crosses. The issue is they don't extend enough. A right hook is 'longer' than a non-modified cross. IF you power cross it has nice rotation and extension. The regular one is neutered and short. The jab is too short too. That should have the longest reach imo in the game barring a directional/step-forward jab (those work well). It should always reach further than a hook. Uppercuts are tight, but too tight and close OR too far reaching. Often you get a short range animation at medium range. This doesn't seem to affect the body shots though - all that stuff can be tweaked though for sure.

Anyway, despite the issues, I still seem to be enjoying myself and coming back for more. I had FN champion on xsx and actually played recently. So although some of the game is falling into similar pitfalls, it doesn't feel the same or play the same and is a much better experience even now in Early Access. So onwards I guess I'll keep trying different matchups and - hopefully tomorrow I'll post some pics I took of score cards and stats because there are many positive takeaways - anyone who can't play the game, the punch stats are pretty legit (besides counters and AI body shot numbers).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2023, 08:30 AM   #56
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

What controller are most of you using?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »