Home

Undisputed Content Update Adds More Fighters, Venues, AI Improvements & More - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on Undisputed Content Update Adds More Fighters, Venues, AI Improvements & More - Patch Notes within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-07-2023, 09:07 PM   #73
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Undisputed Early Access Impressions - Coming for the Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Any idea of when the ps5 version will be available?
Early access usually runs a year or two. Sometimes 5 or 6 years. So I wouldn't expect a console version anytime soon.
Old 02-08-2023, 09:39 AM   #74
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

I expect consoles to be 2024. Once all the game elements are in place I don't see why not - you can always patch and support the game and even add things. They could go the 'game preview' route as well although I think they will just release it fully.

The biggest issue in order to release is fleshing out the modes. 1v1 and local for the most part work right now and in many ways more so than other full releases on console. So to me the 2 biggest things to get there (I hope) are lots of work on AI, Career mode or 'universe' and refining how to deal with the online experience to keep it fresh (seasons, tournaments, etc).

Since the update I'm noticing things they didn't mention - I remember in one of the Beta's people were saying how you feel 'stuck' on the inside sometimes - that's def back now, but I actually don't mind it because it promotes some sustained 'in fighting' which can be fun busing out the uppercuts and changes defence and the whole dynamic.

The fact that they buffed counters just leaves me bewildered.

So far online is much better than the AI - but I can't get a super stable connection so it's hit and miss. Last mach I lost as Terrence Crawford at WW vs Ricky Hatton. HE threw 650 punches to my 525 and landed about 80 more total - around 47% of his punches. I droped him in the 10th and thought I was winning and outboxing him so was surprised to see the big of a gap. He won 9 round to 3 (plus my 10-8 round), almost made me wonder if he was counting punches on the fly.

Cinching if done well will truly change the game and give it legs for years. Despite the counters (NOW) if they allow customization there or experiment with other methods of gameplay for damage that would put it over the top. I think 5-6 tie-ups per round that last 3-7 sec each would really change up the pacing and make those 12 round decision fights seem more natural. Clinching in Single player right now is like at a basic Alpha state - really needs work - and I hope they re-introduce the ref in the ring and give me the option to ditch the get-up mechanic - I'd rather it just run on auto-pilot.
Old 02-08-2023, 10:02 AM   #75
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
I expect consoles to be 2024. Once all the game elements are in place I don't see why not - you can always patch and support the game and even add things. They could go the 'game preview' route as well although I think they will just release it fully.

The biggest issue in order to release is fleshing out the modes. 1v1 and local for the most part work right now and in many ways more so than other full releases on console. So to me the 2 biggest things to get there (I hope) are lots of work on AI, Career mode or 'universe' and refining how to deal with the online experience to keep it fresh (seasons, tournaments, etc).

Since the update I'm noticing things they didn't mention - I remember in one of the Beta's people were saying how you feel 'stuck' on the inside sometimes - that's def back now, but I actually don't mind it because it promotes some sustained 'in fighting' which can be fun busing out the uppercuts and changes defence and the whole dynamic.

The fact that they buffed counters just leaves me bewildered.

So far online is much better than the AI - but I can't get a super stable connection so it's hit and miss. Last mach I lost as Terrence Crawford at WW vs Ricky Hatton. HE threw 650 punches to my 525 and landed about 80 more total - around 47% of his punches. I droped him in the 10th and thought I was winning and outboxing him so was surprised to see the big of a gap. He won 9 round to 3 (plus my 10-8 round), almost made me wonder if he was counting punches on the fly.

Cinching if done well will truly change the game and give it legs for years. Despite the counters (NOW) if they allow customization there or experiment with other methods of gameplay for damage that would put it over the top. I think 5-6 tie-ups per round that last 3-7 sec each would really change up the pacing and make those 12 round decision fights seem more natural. Clinching in Single player right now is like at a basic Alpha state - really needs work - and I hope they re-introduce the ref in the ring and give me the option to ditch the get-up mechanic - I'd rather it just run on auto-pilot.
It's actually a good thing for console players that this out on PC first because the ability to push out patches/updates through Steam is much easier and less time consuming meaning that they can iron out a lot of the gameplay/connection kinks before it reaches consoles.

I'm on the fence about increasing the counter damage by 25%. On one hand it's OP'd because like you and others have said, it's the most abused fighting mechanic but on the other hand it could add in that risk which could dissuade folks from just throwing blindly without fear of getting hit in return. It's all about finding the right balance.

I like the idea of having more clenches but to do that you need a ref in the ring like you said...to force them to break.

One of my biggest issues/bugs that I see is sometimes the punch damage HUD doesn't show up for an entire round apart from blocking, even on Casual mode and online. Sure it makes it more sim but it's totally a bug considering that it does show some rounds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2023, 12:19 PM   #76
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Just wondering if there's anyone in the business that would know the reputation of these studios or how that support can be given?

We already know the main team is based in the UK and soon to be 3yrs.

Plaion the publisher, is a German-Austrian media company (formally known as Koch Media). They've had assistance in the past with Deep Silver, a subsidiary on past games like Saints Row and Outward. Warhorse Studios, Milestone, and Fishlabs (among others) are other subsidiaries that can play in. So it would seem they should be getting the support if needed?
Old 02-09-2023, 09:38 PM   #77
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Another update today, a big one, 18GB.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/...29793130270754

Quote:
Below are the patch notes for the update shipped on 9 February 2023 - 10515249.

This build is a significant update in terms of file size, but we're introducing something we think should resolve the large file sizes for future updates within this update so that the next small update shouldn't be as demanding as the previous ones we've pushed.

Bug Fixes

- Fixed an issue where players could get locked in the settings menu when attempting to opt out of analytics collection.

- Steam achievements related to throwing a set number of punches now properly track punches thrown.

- Fixed an issue that caused online matches to continue after a knockout had occurred.

- Fixed an issue that stopped the AI from defending itself and causing it to 'shake' while dazed.

- Fixed an issue where players' games would lock when trying to view the Prize Fight leaderboards.

- Players can no longer drop below 0 SP in ranked play.

- Fixed a bug that was causing fighters to face the wrong way at the beginning of a round.

Changes

- Introduced a system that rewards players more heavily in ranked play for winning a fight using a boxer with a lower overall rating than their opponent's boxer. This scales, so the higher the rating gap, the bigger the reward for winning. We hope this incentivises players to use a wider variety of boxers online.

- Improved the way we handle game updates, going forward game updates should be more optimised and won't require large updates for small changes.

- Slightly increased the speed of the step-out jab across all fight styles apart from Slugger.

- Introduced 'Arm Fatigue'. Repeated punches from the same hand will begin to slow. This is further impacted if the punch type is also repeated. Players using repeated same-hand punches should see noticeable fatigue in the punch speed.

- Slightly increased the likelihood that power punches will flash daze or flash knock out the opponent.

- Slightly increased base punch tracking across all fighters. Punch tracking is what allows your fighter to adjust the end position of their punch after they've already started throwing it, which should increase the number of punches that land.

- Reduced the impact curve of accuracy ratings, which means lower-rated fighters won't feel as significantly inaccurate in comparison to higher-rated fighters.

- Slightly increased the max stamina usage of all non-power punches, and further increased the max stamina usage of hooks.

- Adjusted AI stamina in accordance with the previously mentioned increase in max stamina usage so that offline play is a more balanced experience.

Boxer Changes

- Joe Joyce: Overall rating increased from 82 to 84, with increased stamina, strength, and defence ratings.

- Deontay Wilder: Increased Left Hand Power from 86 to 88, decreased Jabs from 82 to 79, and increased Uppercuts from 91 to 92.

- Sunny Edwards: Stamina reduced from 83 to 82, Speed increased from 86 to 90, Defence increased from 87 to 88, Heart reduced from 83 to 82.

- Oleksandr Usyk: (Cruiserweight) Overall rating increased from 92 to 93, with Strength moving from 90 to 91, Defence from 89 to 92, and Heart from 90 to 92.

- Eddie Hall: Overall increased from 72 to 75, with Strength increasing from 79 to 94.

- Frank Bruno: Strength increased from 86 to 87.

- Canelo Alvarez: (Middleweight) Overall rating increased from 88 to 90, with Vitality increased from 90 to 92, Stamina increased from 85 to 88, Speed increased from 89 to 91, Strength increased from 87 to 90, and Defence increased from 87 to 92.

- Canelo Alvarez: (All weights) Added 'Liver Destroyer' trait which increases damage dealt by his body left hook by 30%.

- Tyson Fury: Overall reduced from 94 to 91, with Vitality decreased from 96 to 90, Speed decreased from 93 to 92, Strength decreased from 93 to 91, and Defence decreased from 93 to 88.
Old 02-11-2023, 12:03 AM   #78
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere

It depends how far along they are with career mode.
Its a young studio and they were initially crazy ambitious with what they wanted for career mode. You guys remember those first details?

So my guess? They've had to hit the reset button and aren't very far. Optimistic guess is incomplete career mode makes it way into early access towards the tale end of this year, followed by ~6 more months of EA where they gradually implement all other career mode features.. So console release mid-24.

That depends on a whole host of things we don't know though. Like is it still their goal that the player is able to hire different positions in their corner and all the bells and whistles, or will we get a Fight Nigh type career mode?

A less optimistic outlook is that progress on create-a-boxer goes a little slower (thats not a small feature) pushing career mode into 2024, which could mean late '24-early '25 console release.

Worst outlook is that they haven't made much progress on the core career mode functions (progression/regression, fight simulation engine, fighter ranking, etc). In that scenario, mid '25 at the earliest.

Last edited by ggsimmonds; 02-11-2023 at 12:18 AM.
Old 02-12-2023, 09:48 AM   #79
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Early access usually runs a year or two. Sometimes 5 or 6 years. So I wouldn't expect a console version anytime soon.
Only if the developers hate money will it take that long.
Old 02-12-2023, 02:57 PM   #80

OVR: 34

I may have missed it in the notes, but they did something to the stamina where it penalizes over using the block. My stamina dropped significantly and I hardly threw any punches, so my next bouts I held off on blocking until I time a punch. Huge difference. I was losing 15+ stamina in between rounds. When I held off, things were back to good stamina management. You definitely notice the slowdown when one particular punch is over used. Next up for me is balancing the damage of a punch and the stamina drain from throwing too many punches. While you can throw a lot, punches that land don't have much damage. I'd like to see punch power turned up and stamina in throwing also turned up.

I am willing to pay to be what is basically a game tester. That's what we are doing here. As long as they hear us out, I think it's worth it. What is happening now, though, is the game's lack of polish is really showing. Commentary is just awful. Knockdowns tend to be lifeless, meaning no excitement and convincing shift in momentum. Other than the reward for fighting smart, it's a very boring game.

I like the game and I'd love to hang in there to see its potential get close to fulfullment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »