Home

Undisputed Content Update Adds More Fighters, Venues, AI Improvements & More - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on Undisputed Content Update Adds More Fighters, Venues, AI Improvements & More - Patch Notes within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-31-2023, 08:06 PM   #33
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Undisputed Early Access Impressions - Coming for the Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
For whoever was asking the game in fact has a few sliders and they're found in the pre-fight menu (after boxer selection). Damage Modifier, Stamina Modifier, Referee Leniency, and Maximum Penalties. I haven't adjusted any of them yet, but I also haven't seen any penalties handed out so not sure how much impact the latter two are going to have.

Early impression is that the damage modifier may need to come up to get the sense of any punch being potentially damaging - this seems like very much a counter-punchers game so far in that even if you out-throw your opponent, you'll lose the round if you eat too many counters (assuming no knockdowns). I've only played vs. the AI in quick fight so I don't know how it is online.

Oh, so y'all don't make the same mistake I did - "Simulation" in that menu turns off the HUD. Casual keeps it on. I agree that not being able to visualize stamina loss and damage can be more "sim" but I find that word choice amusing. I thought it was a bug at first when I instinctively set it to Sim and the HUD disappeared...lol
I love this but mainly because its the way I've always played Fight Night and UFC. I just wish it didnt take away the clock.
Old 01-31-2023, 09:46 PM   #34
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont love the AI's non stop aggression. No matter who you use, the AI comes forward 90% of the time.
I really had high hopes - but I played about 25 offline matches and came away extremely disappointed.

As the guy your responded to said, the counter punching AI is so bad. The aggression you mention is also awful. Combining those 2 things makes it a bad experience.

They either inadvertently or deliberately made the whole game about counters. It feels exactly like old FN games in that regard. They should honestly just remove counters as a mechanic - you make someone miss, then hit them - great - end of story - no need to 10x the damage and make that the single most important thing in the game. I would routinely land 3 punch combinations 1-2-3 or body hook, head hook, uppercut or 1-power2 ...non of it matters. The wrong guy always ends up getting stunned. You do all this good work and it's never rewarding....add the aggression and now you have a choice of losing while playing realitically OR playing the game IT wants you to play ...

playing vs the AI makes you realize this which carries over to the online - it just shouldn't be that way.

I could go on and on about all the flaws but ultimately this is the true killer. Stamina is all short-term based and you get winded throwing a 5 punch combo - long term doesn't seem to matter. Damage is all short term as well - getting knocked down only makes it harder to get up next time, it doesn't 'change the fight' ... odd punches land while others don't.

Other weird things - what's the point in weaving? honestly unless you go back or duck - you're getting hit - the hooks will land no matter what side you lean to so the LT mechanic isnt very useful. Slips are great, but they have a dumb button assignment (L3) AND drain the stamina like crazy (why?)

I really wish the CPU tried to stay at range and land jabs - they just rush you toe to toe and wait to counter uppercut or straight to the body - you see your screen flash and know it's effective - yet your haymaker bomb of a hook did nothing, nor does you dominant combination punching and movement. It's all made irrelevant by the overly simplistic 'meta'.

I'd rather they make getting 'beat to the punch' more effective (like the beterbiev cross that was the beginning of the end for yarde on the weekend). Counters in boxing are effective for sure, but it's literally the whole game right now and giving me FN flashbacks lol. I had a match where I was Canelo and just ripping off combo's ---just didn't matter, the overmatched opponent just countered me with piddy paddy stuff and I had to start playing all fun-house mirror to win. Damage needs a massive boost overall so that you fear getting hit with 4 punch combo's...looks funny seeing everyone walk through that and get stunned w/ a weak arse 'counter'.

Honestly the game looks great right now, but unfortunately the gameplay just sucks ...really a let down after all my anticipation for this - all the things they said about having the game 'represent what you see on tv' ....it's all bs - it absolutely does not and is just FN champion 2023 - really hate to say it, but it is true.

I'm not hopeful for them to turn it around either - they made these decisions and the highly competitive and loud 'community' just cares about fairness online and it being equal - they don't want a real boxing experience. So there is no voice for the dev's to hear, I think as far as they're concerned its a hit and the way it should be.
Old 02-01-2023, 01:58 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 0

Two Questions:

1) Does it have a Spectator Mode (i.e. CPU vs CPU) ?

2) Does it have a Create-a-Boxer capability ?

Thanks,
Don
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2023, 02:20 AM   #36
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncropper
Two Questions:

1) Does it have a Spectator Mode (i.e. CPU vs CPU) ?

2) Does it have a Create-a-Boxer capability ?

Thanks,
Don
1. Yes

2. Not yet, but it will in the future.
Old 02-01-2023, 02:29 AM   #37
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I like it for what it is. which for an early access game is a pretty good solid foundation. I find the difficulty level kind of wonky. The default one, intermediate, they are a counter god. On Pro, not so much. To me anyway, Pro is a pretty fair fight. I did max out the damage slider though. Game plays better when it is maxed out, punches actually matter. Also like playing on Sim setting as well. The no HUD thing don't bother me.

Playing around also see you can change your controller layout, there are different presets available. I don't like the get up mechanic though.
Old 02-01-2023, 07:27 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Dang allBThere, that was a heck of a post.
But I'm glad you wrote it. You know boxing and you provided indepth analysis of what you dislike about the gameplay.

I fear that most sports games have cowtowed to online gamers. All these people want is to win, they don't care if the game is actually realistic.
And unfortunately, that mentality trickles down to the offline experience as well.

I had really high hopes for this game. I really do hope they tweak the gameplay as updates are pushed out.

allB, did you play the Beta? I'm wondering how much different it was from this early release version.
Old 02-01-2023, 12:34 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
I really had high hopes - but I played about 25 offline matches and came away extremely disappointed.

As the guy your responded to said, the counter punching AI is so bad. The aggression you mention is also awful. Combining those 2 things makes it a bad experience.

They either inadvertently or deliberately made the whole game about counters. It feels exactly like old FN games in that regard. They should honestly just remove counters as a mechanic - you make someone miss, then hit them - great - end of story - no need to 10x the damage and make that the single most important thing in the game. I would routinely land 3 punch combinations 1-2-3 or body hook, head hook, uppercut or 1-power2 ...non of it matters. The wrong guy always ends up getting stunned. You do all this good work and it's never rewarding....add the aggression and now you have a choice of losing while playing realitically OR playing the game IT wants you to play ...

playing vs the AI makes you realize this which carries over to the online - it just shouldn't be that way.

I could go on and on about all the flaws but ultimately this is the true killer. Stamina is all short-term based and you get winded throwing a 5 punch combo - long term doesn't seem to matter. Damage is all short term as well - getting knocked down only makes it harder to get up next time, it doesn't 'change the fight' ... odd punches land while others don't.

Other weird things - what's the point in weaving? honestly unless you go back or duck - you're getting hit - the hooks will land no matter what side you lean to so the LT mechanic isnt very useful. Slips are great, but they have a dumb button assignment (L3) AND drain the stamina like crazy (why?)

I really wish the CPU tried to stay at range and land jabs - they just rush you toe to toe and wait to counter uppercut or straight to the body - you see your screen flash and know it's effective - yet your haymaker bomb of a hook did nothing, nor does you dominant combination punching and movement. It's all made irrelevant by the overly simplistic 'meta'.

I'd rather they make getting 'beat to the punch' more effective (like the beterbiev cross that was the beginning of the end for yarde on the weekend). Counters in boxing are effective for sure, but it's literally the whole game right now and giving me FN flashbacks lol. I had a match where I was Canelo and just ripping off combo's ---just didn't matter, the overmatched opponent just countered me with piddy paddy stuff and I had to start playing all fun-house mirror to win. Damage needs a massive boost overall so that you fear getting hit with 4 punch combo's...looks funny seeing everyone walk through that and get stunned w/ a weak arse 'counter'.

Honestly the game looks great right now, but unfortunately the gameplay just sucks ...really a let down after all my anticipation for this - all the things they said about having the game 'represent what you see on tv' ....it's all bs - it absolutely does not and is just FN champion 2023 - really hate to say it, but it is true.

I'm not hopeful for them to turn it around either - they made these decisions and the highly competitive and loud 'community' just cares about fairness online and it being equal - they don't want a real boxing experience. So there is no voice for the dev's to hear, I think as far as they're concerned its a hit and the way it should be.
Wow....Every single thing said here, I have felt and/or am feeling. Yet, im still happy to have a new boxing game that may possibly spawn some sequels. If the fighters can be edited, I will find a way to get the most out of the single player experience. If not, my $30 was well worth this experience. I just won't buy it on console.
Old 02-01-2023, 01:54 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 10

I been waiting, but the game is just so stiff looking.

It's almost something I can't get over. I kind of want to try it, but I feel like I have 'bad game vision,' and I can take a look at something and be like heh nah. It has that bad game feel to me. I don't usually wait on games. I see they are coming and then eventually it's like oh they are about to be out, so I saw this was coming out and then looked at the vids and it's like...

I dunno? It looks like dudes are slapping each other. I didn't really think animations would matter so much in a sports sim, but since it's in the ring, and it's so dependent on movement and hits, it just really looks like trash to me.

I bought FN champion on ps3 way after ps3 was dead. If I ever plug in my PS3, it'll be to play that game. It's not a GREAT game, but at least makes you feel like you are boxing. There isn't as much movement, but the punch animations and contact of punches lulls you into looking up higher and ignoring their weird shuffles.

In Undisputed, they have that weird chicken shuffle, too, then you can see they put in something like Ali's walk back... just a random animation trigger. Or maybe not? Dunno, at least that's what it looks like. It doesn't even have moments where it seems real. There is just something fundamentally wrong with the way fighters do everything. And I agree w/ what I saw in passing, it doesn't seem like there is proper damage either.

Maybe it 'feels really good.' I mean, legit I am disappointed enough from watching videos recently + now to not even try it, maybe someone can change my mind?

-Smak

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »