Home

Monumental Dynasty | Washington Wizards MyNBA Franchise | NBA 2K24

This is a discussion on Monumental Dynasty | Washington Wizards MyNBA Franchise | NBA 2K24 within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-11-2024, 09:03 PM   #161
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Monumental Dynasty | Washington Wizards MyNBA Franchise | NBA 2K24

Interesting. Not sure what to make of the Wiggins trade. It both makes sense and makes me feel like both sides lost.

I'm curious if any teams even have the salaries and desire to trade for Lavine.

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2024, 11:02 PM   #162
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
Interesting. Not sure what to make of the Wiggins trade. It both makes sense and makes me feel like both sides lost.
The Andrew Wiggins experience in a nutshell lol. I'll break it down for each team's perspective here.

Dallas has the contracts to match significant salary, but they don't necessarily have the picks available to trade for a star that'd fit alongside Luka & Kyrie. Their 2029 First was traded to Brooklyn for Kyrie so they can only part with their 2025 and 2027 selections. As inconsistent as Wiggins is, he fills a major need of size, athleticism, and defense at the 3 for the Mavs and doesn't require a star-like package to obtain. If the move doesn't work within the next 2-years and Luka asks out, the Mavs have the potential to retain the pick they traded since it's Top-10 protected and will turn into a pair of seconds if it doesn't convey.

Golden State's trajectory is unchanged whether they have Wiggins or not at this point. If Curry regresses significantly, it'll be over for them regardless. By trading Wiggins, GS not only opens up a starting spot for Kuminga but clears salary for the 2025 offseason when they'll need to pay Kuminga and possibly Moody. If they keep the first-round pick from Dallas, they might get lucky depending on where the pick falls or they can package the pick in another trade if they sit on-top of the West for another season.

Quote:
I'm curious if any teams even have the salaries and desire to trade for Lavine.
I'll be touching on this in future posts but on the surface, the teams who have the desire don't have the salary and vice versa.

The Mavericks for example could've made a strong offer for Lavine but why do they need more scoring and another player that'd take the ball out of Luka's hands?

Phoenix has shown the league that building your team around a trio of score-first players doesn't work. In real-life they at least made the playoffs by doing this. In this universe, they missed the play-in altogether lol. Any team that can match Lavine's near $40m contract will probably re-consider their offer since there won't be a significant market for a score-first wing that doesn't play defense.
Old 05-12-2024, 02:01 AM   #163
MVP

studbucket's Arena

Thanks, I really like the Wiggins reasoning. We'll see how much it helps them, but on paper he's exactly the kind of guy who can help. Of course, so was Porzingis in Dallas

Old 05-13-2024, 06:56 AM   #164
MVP

marshdaddy's Arena

I like the Wiggins trade and impressed the Warriors got a first of any kind back in that deal. They need some additional shooting so bringing in Hardaway is a nice fit. Honestly, don't see much wrong with the deal. Like you mentioned, giving Kuminga and Moody more minutes is a positive as I'm high on both, and the financial savings are huge.

Well done on all of these deals. As I was reading through every signing felt realistic and expected, from team to contract amount and details. Really nicely done.
Old 05-13-2024, 12:21 PM   #165
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshdaddy
I like the Wiggins trade and impressed the Warriors got a first of any kind back in that deal. They need some additional shooting so bringing in Hardaway is a nice fit. Honestly, don't see much wrong with the deal. Like you mentioned, giving Kuminga and Moody more minutes is a positive as I'm high on both, and the financial savings are huge.

Well done on all of these deals. As I was reading through every signing felt realistic and expected, from team to contract amount and details. Really nicely done.
Thanks, it's a fine line you have to teeter in the offseason in order to keep things realistic but not micro-manage every single team since questionable / bad contracts and signings are part of the experience. I'm glad that came through!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2024, 12:25 PM   #166
Rookie

Old 05-15-2024, 03:06 PM   #167
Rookie

Old 05-15-2024, 04:02 PM   #168
MVP

studbucket's Arena

Fultz to the Lakers is a nice move. Seems mutually beneficial!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »