Home

Monumental Dynasty | Washington Wizards MyNBA Franchise | NBA 2K24

This is a discussion on Monumental Dynasty | Washington Wizards MyNBA Franchise | NBA 2K24 within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-11-2024, 06:36 PM   #81
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Monumental Dynasty | Washington Wizards MyNBA Franchise | NBA 2K24

I wouldn't have expected the Atlanta-Miami & LA series to go to seven games after Game 4, in fact if I had to have picked any series that would've gone the distance is was the Grizzlies-Thunder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
Boston kept games close, but the series ultimately wasn't.

I'm still shocked by how much 2K23+24 love the Hawks. They can't buy success with Trae Young in 2K20, but when I simmed 2 years in 2K23 (to get the timeline to the 2024-25 season) the Hawks won back to back titles and Trae Young was MVP.

I love the battle of LA we're getting out West.
Atlanta is having success in my 2K20 file, they finished 5th in 2019-20 and are currently 4th in the East this year. 2K doesn't punish poor lateral quickness as bad as real life, it feels. Poor defensive flaws aren't as magnified and CPU doesn't exploit mismatches like a real coach would

Last edited by Knickerbocker91; 03-11-2024 at 06:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2024, 06:53 PM   #82
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker91
Atlanta is having success in my 2K20 file, they finished 5th in 2019-20 and are currently 4th in the East this year. 2K doesn't punish poor lateral quickness as bad as real life, it feels. Poor defensive flaws aren't as magnified and CPU doesn't exploit mismatches like a real coach would
Interesting. I went back to look at mine. The Hawks are largely the same team (Young, Collins, Hunter, etc) plus Vucevic at center. Here's how they've fared:
19-20: 12th (31-51)
20-21: 5th (50-32)
21-22: 13th (33-49)
22-23: 5th (45-37)
23-24: 5th (46-36)

So while they've been respectable, they are mostly stuck in no man's land and have never been able to compete with Milwaukee, Philly, Brooklyn, and Boston. And if you have great players, you should never be 12th or 13th in the conference.

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 03-11-2024, 07:48 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
Boston kept games close, but the series ultimately wasn't.

I'm still shocked by how much 2K23+24 love the Hawks. They can't buy success with Trae Young in 2K20, but when I simmed 2 years in 2K23 (to get the timeline to the 2024-25 season) the Hawks won back to back titles and Trae Young was MVP.

I love the battle of LA we're getting out West.
If Boston had a better bench unit they could've made some noise this postseason. Horford missed the first 3-Games of the series and his minutes were distributed between Kornet, Keita Bates-Diop, and Lamar Stevens.

The Hawks have been one of the strangest teams in this postseason. They caught a big break against Brooklyn since they lost 2/3 games that Mikal Bridges was active for the entirety of the game. Now against Miami, Young is posting 40-10 every night while he doesn't have another consistent player besides Dejounte Murray on the team. It's a Lebron-like carry job which you don't see from undersized point guards outside A.I

Quote:
I wouldn't have expected the Atlanta-Miami & LA series to go to seven games after Game 4, in fact if I had to have picked any series that would've gone the distance is was the Grizzlies-Thunder.
The big advantage that the Grizzlies surprisingly head against OKC was their bigs. On the surface you don't expect an 81 OVR (Rob Williams) and two 78 OVRs (Brandon Clarke & Xavier Tillman) to shift a series in 2K but OKC is so barren of size outside Chet that it allowed those guys to thrive. Especially Brandon Clarke who I thought Memphis would have to attach a pick alongside to get off his contract with his play in the regular season
Old 03-11-2024, 10:38 PM   #84
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Pretty interesting to see Jordan Poole working out much better than the virtual Wiz, you guys will have a lot major decisions to make this offseason.

Some huge playoff games from Lebron and Trae. The battle for LA is shaping out to be a great series.
Old 03-12-2024, 04:32 PM   #85
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolePlayer
Pretty interesting to see Jordan Poole working out much better than the virtual Wiz, you guys will have a lot major decisions to make this offseason.

Some huge playoff games from Lebron and Trae. The battle for LA is shaping out to be a great series.
Yes sir, while Poole performed better in Year One in this dynasty than he did in real life, I was hoping to have a borderline All-Star (similar to Kuzma) rather than a microwave scorer on a $120M contract.

Between drafting our future lottery selection, testing the trade markets for guys like Kuzma, Gafford, Avdija etc, and the pending free agency of Tyus Jones, it's going to be a big offseason for the Wiz in this series!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2024, 04:33 PM   #86
Rookie

Monumental Dynasty | Washington Wizards MyNBA Franchise | NBA 2K24

Old 03-13-2024, 06:56 PM   #87
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

As I've been reading and we're nearing the Finals, featured this on the front page today Josh.
Old 03-13-2024, 08:40 PM   #88
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
As I've been reading and we're nearing the Finals, featured this on the front page today Josh.

Booom! Great work.

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »