Home

Monumental Dynasty | Washington Wizards MyNBA Franchise | NBA 2K24

This is a discussion on Monumental Dynasty | Washington Wizards MyNBA Franchise | NBA 2K24 within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-19-2024, 10:17 PM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 0

Last edited by JoshNormanMane; 03-20-2024 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-19-2024, 10:39 PM   #98
MVP

marshdaddy's Arena

Re: Monumental Dynasty | Washington Wizards MyNBA Franchise | NBA 2K24

Tough break for the Wiz. What's the strategy heading into the off-season? Any players you're targeting at No. 6?

I like the idea of trading back with the Thunder and trying to nab one of their other picks, but that would mean the Thunder have someone they like, which maybe they don't. Excited to see how you play this. I'm always extra interested when teams embark on a rebuild but don't get the easy No. 1 pick and just rock with a bonafide future star. Much harder now for you, will be cool to see what you do.
Old 03-20-2024, 12:09 AM   #99
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshdaddy
Tough break for the Wiz. What's the strategy heading into the off-season? Any players you're targeting at No. 6?

I like the idea of trading back with the Thunder and trying to nab one of their other picks, but that would mean the Thunder have someone they like, which maybe they don't. Excited to see how you play this. I'm always extra interested when teams embark on a rebuild but don't get the easy No. 1 pick and just rock with a bonafide future star. Much harder now for you, will be cool to see what you do.
Right now the Wizards don't have any money on the books in the 2027-2028 season outside of Deni Avdija's $11.75M so the main goal is to keep our books for that season clear, but I'll take on any contract that expires before then.

https://docs.google.com/presentation...pD3Hm19Qk/edit

Here's the draft guide to give context on the prospects before I begin spouting fictional names lol.

Off the bat, Kendrick Khan from the G-League Ignite is a name to look out for. He has top-end speed, great handle, and solid all-around game but I think his 3-point shot is a question mark at the moment.

Jaylen Hopkins from Kentucky is a top-tier athlete at 6'9 but I'm not a fan of big Power Forwards that can't slide down to play the 3 nor play reliable center minutes. He's someone I'd select at the back-end of the lottery but probably not at 6.

Excluding the story reasons of Future Owens (also Kentucky) being a possible distraction, he'd make a killer point guard if he were to pan out. He's Mike Conley in a larger frame with slightly less speed.

Right now I'm leaning towards selecting one of the big forwards in the class like Tariq Hayes (France), C.J Sutton (Duke), Dominykas Sederiskis (Lithuania) or Tarris Marshall (Kansas). They all have a different set of strengths and weaknesses but selecting one of those guys and having the potential stability to move off from Kuzma or Advija and not have a dumpster fire at the Forward spots would be nice.

There's probably a few guys I'm leaving off but I'll cut my ranting off here lol.

Good idea about trading back with the Thunder, I'd probably use last year's Bilal Coulibaly - Jarace Walker trade as precedent and collect a couple additional second rounders and still have a slew of prospects to pick from. While I created this class, I finished it all the way back in October so outside the Top-3 prospects, I don't remember anyone's Peak Start - End ages. Getting the 6th Overall Pick really made things more interesting for me as well since this pick will be a shot in the dark for me.
Old 03-20-2024, 10:54 AM   #100
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Pistons get rewarded by the basketball gods for their suffering in last year's lottery. While my Hornets catch a tough break after moving up last year.

What made you decide to go with a fictional draft class for this instead of the real-life one?
Old 03-20-2024, 04:21 PM   #101
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolePlayer
Pistons get rewarded by the basketball gods for their suffering in last year's lottery. While my Hornets catch a tough break after moving up last year.

What made you decide to go with a fictional draft class for this instead of the real-life one?
Good question. I like the Fictional Draft Classes for the creative element mostly. I used BigDougSwan's classes in 2K18 & 2K19 and JB's classes in 2K20 (personally I've never used JeffRuel's classes but he's another great creator) and the immersion you get from the players and the created storylines puts it over the top for me.

Since I'm creating my own classes in this universe, I like that I have the freedom to make a unique prospect. The class I made back in 2K20, I made a prospect just because I was intrigued by the thought of Eric Gordon and P.J Tucker fusing together along with the thought of Giannis if he was 6'8 instead of 7'0

I can see how Real Life Classes from the right creator could be fun. I personally used a few in 2K18 when I did my Sonics rebuild and it's kind of funny to look back at that dynasty where I won 4 Championships in 6 Years with a team led by Collin Sexton, Michael Porter Jr, and multi-time league MVP Bol Bol (who played like prime Wembanyama) but it also throws the immersion element for a loop which is why I've gravitated towards fictional classes since.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2024, 03:41 PM   #102
Rookie

Old 03-22-2024, 04:08 PM   #103
Rookie

Old 03-22-2024, 05:23 PM   #104
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Wow, the Miami-Milwaukee series is so close. What a bunch of really good games.

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »