Home

Monumental Dynasty | Washington Wizards MyNBA Franchise | NBA 2K24

This is a discussion on Monumental Dynasty | Washington Wizards MyNBA Franchise | NBA 2K24 within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-03-2024, 09:46 PM   #121
Pro

MattyIce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Monumental Dynasty | Washington Wizards MyNBA Franchise | NBA 2K24

What an awesome series, curious did you play or watch each game or just sim? Seems like it would’ve been a great series to tune in to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2024, 11:01 PM   #122
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyIce
What an awesome series, curious did you play or watch each game or just sim? Seems like it would’ve been a great series to tune in to

Appreciate it! The only game of the Finals I watched was Game One. I wanted to watch Game Seven but at that point I was already a month-deep into simming through the postseason and was ready to be done with it lol.

I'd regular sim 2-Games a day and then make rotation and strategy adjustments for both teams which I think gave me the best results. Simcasting was nice to get insight on the game but if I did it for too many games in a row it turned into blowout victories for the team I was controlling.
Old 04-04-2024, 06:44 AM   #123
MVP

marshdaddy's Arena

Holy cow, a lot to unpack here. Just knew Jimbo was coming back for Game 6, regardless of his status. That dude does not miss a big game like that. Thought for sure you were foreshadowing when you mentioned KD's achilles there, but glad to see you didn't.

But a 15-point second half comeback? Good lord. What were the final three minutes like? Did the Lakers lead and then the Heat finally overcame them? What were the final possessions like? How did the game close out? 15-point deficit and a four-point win are just awesome.

Also, Malcolm cooking is an all-time role player NBA lore moment right there. 20 years later some kid will look at a box score thinking it'll be all HOFer big nights and Brogdon will pop in and they'd have to do a deep dive on his basketball reference just to know what the heck happened. Absolutely awesome.
Old 04-04-2024, 04:39 PM   #124
Rookie

Quote:
Holy cow, a lot to unpack here. Just knew Jimbo was coming back for Game 6, regardless of his status. That dude does not miss a big game like that. Thought for sure you were foreshadowing when you mentioned KD's achilles there, but glad to see you didn't.
After Miami's Game 5 Win in LA to go up 3-2, you'd probably have to barricade the Heat's arena to prevent Jimmy from playing. I had to lower his injury days to change his status from Out but he had 2 of his best games all postseason while hurt which was impressive.

Quote:
But a 15-point second half comeback? Good lord. What were the final three minutes like? Did the Lakers lead and then the Heat finally overcame them? What were the final possessions like? How did the game close out? 15-point deficit and a four-point win are just awesome.
Wish I had a better answer for you but since I regular simmed the game, I don't know what exactly happened down the stretch. The Lakers led at the half 62-47 and had a 9-Point lead entering the 4th but were outscored 34-21 in the 4Q to have the Finals slip out of their hands.

Besides Lebron, Austin Reaves was the only other Laker to play well offensively and he only shot the ball 13 times in the game (7-13 FG, 6-8 3PT). I found this out by just looking at my file now but Royce O'Neale sprained his toe in Game 7 and only played 17 Minutes. While he shot sub-40% from the floor for the series, I'm sure he helps hold Jimmy in check to an extent to squeak out a win.

Quote:
Also, Malcolm cooking is an all-time role player NBA lore moment right there. 20 years later some kid will look at a box score thinking it'll be all HOFer big nights and Brogdon will pop in and they'd have to do a deep dive on his basketball reference just to know what the heck happened. Absolutely awesome.
This and Caleb Martin being a force in the ECF were my 2-favorite things to come out of this Postseason. It's the textbook "this is why you play the game" (or sim the game in my case).

The cherry on top was that the player that was traded away for Brogdon at the trade deadline ended up guarding him in this series (Kyle Lowry).
Old 04-04-2024, 05:31 PM   #125
Pro

MattyIce's Arena

Skip Bayless would have a field day if LeBron blew a Game 7 lead like that in the 4th Quarter

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2024, 09:41 PM   #126
MVP

marshdaddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyIce
Skip Bayless would have a field day if LeBron blew a Game 7 lead like that in the 4th Quarter

Proof MJ>LeBron. MJ would never.
Old 04-05-2024, 04:55 PM   #127
Rookie

Monumental Dynasty | Washington Wizards MyNBA Franchise | NBA 2K24

Old 04-05-2024, 06:10 PM   #128
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Rough to get the 6th pick, but I look forward to seeing who they can target at that spot. Maybe you can get lucky there...

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »