Home

HYPE/DC & Co - WWE 2K23 Project

This is a discussion on HYPE/DC & Co - WWE 2K23 Project within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-20-2023, 06:21 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: HYPE/DC & Co - WWE 2K23 Project

Love what I've seen in all three of the test clips. Yokozuna v Psicosis was a squash as it should be, Io vs Natalya was dominated by Io but Natalya got some shots in, and Rey vs Bret was back and forth with Bret controlling the pace. Pretty great overall and excited to see the later results
Old 03-25-2023, 04:38 PM   #18
Rookie

dsmith710's Arena

OVR: 1

Really looking forward to this. Thank you for all that goes into it.
Old 03-25-2023, 07:11 PM   #19
All Star

OVR: 2

Is there a way to see those even if they’re set to private?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-26-2023, 01:51 PM   #20
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

First of all just wanna say BIG fan. Used your edits every year for a long while now.

Anyway just a thought I had while messing around doing a few edits on my own while waiting for you guys.

But I so rarely see blocking IRL without it being some kind of reversal, so my thought and what I did to mess around with was lower the Blocking Tendency to 0 for almost everyone and just set their Dodging Tendency.

The flip side of this was for big guys. Strowman, Omos, Andre etc. I lowered their Dodging Tendency all the way to 0 and just set their Blocking Tendency.

My thought was the smaller to normal sized guys I rarely see block IRL but they can avoid an attack on occasion. However the big guys never dodge really, yet the horrible way blocks are done in-game (which is why I began lowering blocking to 0 to start with) is actually a decent replication of the big guys shrugging stuff off.

Anyway just a random thought from a fan.

Keep up the great work guys, so excited to see what you guys come up with this time!

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Old 03-26-2023, 02:26 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 10

We've been in "the lab" testing every single tendency and trying to manipulate and replicate what we see in real life.

What I've noticed so far is the hard-core fighting tendencies have little impact (daredevil dive, weapon and table use).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2023, 06:05 PM   #22
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Re: Blocking / Dodging

Yes, this has been our approach as well. It isn't a fighting game and blocking is something you just don't see in wrestling outside of "Big Men" that stand there and take punishment in almost a joking manner.

Also, I hate the evade/rolling that EVERYONE does in this game. Same thing that I hated about those old AKI games.
Old 03-27-2023, 11:57 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Re: Blocking / Dodging

Yes, this has been our approach as well. It isn't a fighting game and blocking is something you just don't see in wrestling outside of "Big Men" that stand there and take punishment in almost a joking manner.

Also, I hate the evade/rolling that EVERYONE does in this game. Same thing that I hated about those old AKI games.

2K19 was the last of the simulation wrestling games and it’s sad. I’m Pretty sure they could’ve added most of the things that made 2K19 a sim into 2K23 without slowing the gameplay too much.

Reversal stocks, true fatigue, tired finishers… man just so much is missing that made it an actual wrestling game. What we have now is basically a fighting game with wrestlers.

I love here comes the pain and no mercy as much as the next guy, but now I want a wrestling game that I can really sit down and play seriously.
Old 03-27-2023, 02:58 PM   #24
Pro

CD90's Arena

OVR: 5

Hey guys,

this is my first WWE game and i quite enjoy it. But it seems like you put the game on another level with your edits. So i'm waiting for a release.

To get a little headstart i'm thinking about already doing some attribute edits.
They are basically the same as your 22 version? Or do i misinterpret something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
Based on videos online, it seems like 2K23's gsmeplay is very similar to 2k22's which means mostly everything on the sheet should stay the same. The only two things I've noticed is they brought back having 2 PAYBACKS and Stamina will play a major part in visuals.

I really hope they brought back the SQUASH MATCH slider.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »