Home

HYPE/DC & Co - WWE 2K23 Project

This is a discussion on HYPE/DC & Co - WWE 2K23 Project within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-03-2023, 03:51 PM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: HYPE/DC & Co - WWE 2K23 Project

Speaking of weight detection, what was the reason behind the universal downgrade of the strength attribute? I actually liked the 2k22 values a lot better. For the most part wrestlers a single weight class under their opponent could still do basic lifting moves, just not crazy deadlifts or military presses. But I noticed when I was simming Shawn Michaels couldn't even lift Triple H for a suplex. Seemed off.
Old 04-03-2023, 04:20 PM   #98
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio007
Speaking of weight detection, what was the reason behind the universal downgrade of the strength attribute? I actually liked the 2k22 values a lot better. For the most part wrestlers a single weight class under their opponent could still do basic lifting moves, just not crazy deadlifts or military presses. But I noticed when I was simming Shawn Michaels couldn't even lift Triple H for a suplex. Seemed off.
It's been updated
Old 04-03-2023, 07:00 PM   #99
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTTAPPS
I'd really like some guidance on this too. I want to adjust the tiers throughout my Universe mode based on form.

Some pointers on what to buff to move them up the card would be really useful so I don't break the game ����
I may consider making a separate tab with every active WWE/NXT at various card levels. Depends on if we have the will/time. We'll see...
Old 04-03-2023, 07:35 PM   #100
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
Concerning damage - there's a few reasons why it's set up the way it is
1) We wanted to turn this from a fighting game into a wrestling game. You'll still see the "higher" ranked superstar will the match 9/10 times. See the TIER system in the Glossary. But superstars that evenly ranked will battle it out to see how comes out on top. If someone can catch their opponent off guard and hit their finisher, that's usually how matches play out regardless of how much "damage" they've taken.

2) Weight detection. This is directly tied to damage and stamina. I wanted those giants to give that "push off" animation as many times as possible. This is done by lowering the damage and fatigue rate.

3) I will be updating the finisher sliders in pin settings since I've found a better balance. Stay tuned.

It really is amazing how well this game plays now with your edits to the attributes and sliders.

Very grateful for your dedication to this game; thank you once again.

Now bring on the Golden Era Legends!
Old 04-03-2023, 11:51 PM   #101
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

It may be placebo, (I doubt it though since it plays a lot differently) but resetting to defaults and inputting sliders is the way to go. I just see a night and day difference when adjusting vs. resetting and adjusting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2023, 04:08 AM   #102
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesChampGB
It may be placebo, (I doubt it though since it plays a lot differently) but resetting to defaults and inputting sliders is the way to go. I just see a night and day difference when adjusting vs. resetting and adjusting.
If this is true the game is beyond broken lol
Old 04-04-2023, 05:50 AM   #103
Rookie

Quote:
I may consider making a separate tab with every active WWE/NXT at various card levels. Depends on if we have the will/time. We'll see...

That sounds like an awful lot of work but would be greatly appreciated. Even if there are just a couple of examples to see what you guys change and don't change that would be useful, I could maybe use this to apply to other wrestlers.
Old 04-04-2023, 02:15 PM   #104
Pro

CD90's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
It's been updated

Can you guys make clear what changes are made between different versions of your sheet? Maybe with a new textcolor?

I was already through Nxt on saturday and started some raw/smackdown yesterday.

Comparing those recent sheets with the newst one and there a quite a lot of changes to Nxt (and others).
AI Combo tendencies for some wrestlers as an example
"updated 4/2"...

So i have to go through every person again and check for changes....

Last edited by CD90; 04-04-2023 at 02:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »