Home

Old 05-04-2024, 08:34 PM   #21137
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: WWE Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Wait, first the issue was moving it to May but now having it on Easter weekend is a problem?

No offense to any religious types, but who cares.

Just to be jerks they should do it on Easter weekend for here on out.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
And move the Rumble to Christmas Day
Old 05-04-2024, 08:47 PM   #21138

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Wait, first the issue was moving it to May but now having it on Easter weekend is a problem?

No offense to any religious types, but who cares.

Just to be jerks they should do it on Easter weekend for here on out.

I wonder if they did it Easter weekend on purpose to try it out.

Good Friday=People off work/school
Easter Monday=Some people off still

Maybe trying it out to see how this impacts things. An already long weekend, we'll see if it has an impact on number of people who watch on Netflix/Peacock, or number of people who want to visit the WM city since they're already off work Friday and possibly Monday.

WM Saturday has already been a major hit since the show isn't some 4.5 hour long event the night before people have work/school or its already morning of in another country. WM Sunday could now have that feel for some too.

Last edited by Majingir; 05-04-2024 at 08:52 PM.
Old 05-04-2024, 08:53 PM   #21139
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

It's a terrible idea. A huge number of people are gonna be with family and wont be able to watch live, or focused because family is over, or whatever. "Hey mom let's cut the Easter gathering short-----Wrestlemania starts in an hour." Good luck. My bros and I were considering even going to the show but Easter is gonna be a hard sell to my bros in LA because of family stuff. Some of us still care about that type of thing, you know. Or having to travel/drive back and getting spoiled on something that happened during the show. ****ing nightmare.

They used to do Thanksgiving for Survivor Series and thankfully realized that's dumb as hell too.

I guess they do other sports on holidays. They think it'll be fine. We'll see I guess. I personally hate those holiday or "party viewing" style games because I can't focus with family or friends who don't give a **** yammering on about whatever else.

Last edited by TheMatrix31; 05-04-2024 at 09:01 PM.
Old 05-04-2024, 10:20 PM   #21140

Majingir's Arena

Adding on to what we saw at Backlash, seems like Hikuleos deal is up in June.

This Bloodline thing is gonna blow up even more than it already has. I don't even watch New Japan or anything and the little I've seen of him has impressed me enough to want him in WWE or AEW for years. He'd be a big get.

At some point you wonder if one of these newer guys is gonna join to be part of Reigns/Usos side instead...That would be a shock.

Last edited by Majingir; 05-04-2024 at 10:27 PM.
Old 05-05-2024, 03:31 PM   #21141

Majingir's Arena

Interesting notes from HHH at the Backlash press conference.

Seems like they want to have a PLE in Italy, though doesn't sound like it'll happen in 2025.

Nick Khan seems to be a fan of the France show and obviously took note of their stadium (holds about 60,000).

The crowd definitely should be a big reason they get another show. If you're doing Clash as an annual event in Europe, maybe France gets a stadium show next year for it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2024, 04:05 PM   #21142
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Interesting notes from HHH at the Backlash press conference.

Seems like they want to have a PLE in Italy, though doesn't sound like it'll happen in 2025.

Nick Khan seems to be a fan of the France show and obviously took note of their stadium (holds about 60,000).

The crowd definitely should be a big reason they get another show. If you're doing Clash as an annual event in Europe, maybe France gets a stadium show next year for it?

Backlash Italy perhaps? Seems Backlash will now be an international event post Wrestlemania so it makes sense Italy could get Backlash next year. As for France, I could see it being Summerslam in the stadium there, can't see them getting a Mania until after they do Mania in London.

Given the crowds just before the pandemic, then again they weren't focused on holding shows internationally but I wonder how they would have done doing international shows much sooner. Have to think WWE regrets not doing these big international shows 5-20 years sooner.
Old 05-05-2024, 04:08 PM   #21143
All Star

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Easter Sunday huh.

Are these people DUMB.

Who cares. The commercialized part of the Holiday is over by early afternoon. The actual religious part? Who cares.

The NFL puts regular season games on Christmas Day with no drop off. WWE will have zero issues with running Mania on Easter.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-05-2024, 04:20 PM   #21144
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
Who cares. The commercialized part of the Holiday is over by early afternoon. The actual religious part? Who cares.

The NFL puts regular season games on Christmas Day with no drop off. WWE will have zero issues with running Mania on Easter.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
And Thanksgiving, while baseball is played during the 4th of July.

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »