Home

WWE Money In The Bank 7/1/23

This is a discussion on WWE Money In The Bank 7/1/23 within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2023, 06:49 PM   #49
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: WWE Money In The Bank 7/1/23

Holy ****! Holy ****! Holy ****!!!!!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2023, 06:50 PM   #50
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Man, it's such a pain in the *** to cast Peacock and get it to rewind/start over the PLE. Gonna get something to eat and then try again at 7:30.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 07-01-2023, 07:10 PM   #51
All Star

OVR: 2

Flawless

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2023, 07:28 PM   #52
All Star

I don’t normally pay attention to the post show but I do like that Cody clarified that Roman’s belt is still his ultimate goal since it has the lineage to the belt his dad didn’t win.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-01-2023, 10:52 PM   #53

dubcity's Arena

I didn't watch any of it, but I'm glad to hear LA Knight got a huge reaction. Such a throwback to have a guy who can actually cut promos.
Old 07-02-2023, 12:18 AM   #54

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

What a show! This definitely had a Sunmerslam feel to it.

Priest winning the MITB was a good choice. Sets up an interesting future between him and Balor. Does he kick Balor out of the judgment day? Does Balor try replacing Priest with JD? Does Finn eventually win the title from Rollins just for Priest to cash in on him?

The only match I didn't care about was the women's tag, and even that ended up having a crazy finish. Shayna turns on Rousey! I don't get why this couldn't have happened during the unification match and let Alba/Isla get the titles.

Womens MITB was insane. I was fully expecting the ending to be Iyo and Bayley at the top of the ladder with Bayley expecting Iyo to hand her the briefcase, Iyo refuses, and just knocks Bayley off the top. But the handcuff ending was good too.

Cody vs Dominik should've gone on longer simply for the crowd. I was expecting Lesnar showing up, I guess he'll be at Raw or something instead to get ready for Summerslam?

And that main event....the storytelling continues! Reigns finally gets pinned by someone not named Baron Corbin. This has to set up Jey vs Reigns at Summerslam right?
Old 07-02-2023, 12:20 AM   #55
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

The entire show from start to finish was absolutley incredible, again the international crowds continue to be impressive. It's like Cena said, what took so long? WWE probably wishes they did this run of international PPVs a decade ago or sooner. There will definitely be a international Wrestlemania and Cena wouldn't tease that just so out of the blue, that was intentional. Wrestlemania 41 perhaps? Also nice transition from the WWE2K23 ad to John Cena's surprise return.

- Sure does it suck LA Knight didn't win? YEAH! WWE continues to put storylines first and Priest winning coupled with what happened in the WHC match shows storylines matter over anything else. Priest definitely earned this without a doubt.

- If Shayna turning on Ronda means we get NXT Shayna back then I'm all for it. Just seemed so out of the blue which is why it worked but given what we seen with The Bloodline and soon with Judgement Day, I thought Ronda & Shayna would have held the titles longer. Liv has now beaten Ronda at two straight MITB PPVs.

- Gunther can have a good match with anyone and as mentioned, the fact he can win with any move is so good. It really does feel like the match can end at any point and I enjoy it. I was expecting Randy Orton but a returning Drew McIntyre also works. Drew & Gunther are going to kill it at Summerslam. So much for all that Drew is going to leave and show up at All In talk.

- So I guess Brock is still on his vacation so no interference of any kind here in Cody vs Dom. Cody wins but I'd still would have liked to seen Dom win just for the reaction lol. As for the Judgement Day potential split, I'd have Dom turn on Finn & Damian and steal the LWO from Rey and take over that group. Other than that... Rhea looked fine!

- I was worried the Women's MITB match was overbooked with them putting every main story in this one match but it was a great match. Iyo handcuffing Becky & Bayley to the ladder and climbing over Bayley to get the Briefcase was awesome.

- Fantastic storytelling in the Bloodline Civil War. Just when we thought it was over, the crowd saw it was going to be the same typical finish to a Roman match with the same ref bump saving him from losing. Then... The Usos KICKED OUT! I was laying down watching the show, and when they kicked out, I sat up out of shock and excitement cheering that they kicked out. This whole Bloodline storyline has been pulling at my emotions lol.

I didn't think they have Jey get the pin on Roman but damn.. that NEEDS to be the finish and ending to Summerslam 2023 with Jey holding up the Undisputed Universal Championship.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2023, 12:23 AM   #56

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Also, WM in London?! That'll be great! I hope the viewing numbers for MITB were good and further proving an afternoon show over here will still be heavily watched. End of March especially, no MLB yet, so Saturday/Sunday afternoon would be wide open.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »