Home

MLB The Show Graphics Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show Graphics Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2024, 08:22 AM   #1
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
MLB The Show Graphics Discussion Thread

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread for the discussion on the graphics of the MLB The Show series to prevent other threads on various topics from being reduced to a back and forth on graphics.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 02-15-2024 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Didn't mean for thread title to be all caps
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2024, 08:25 AM   #2
Rookie

GridironGreat's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show Graphics Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread for the discussion of the graphics of the MLB The Show series to prevent other threads on various topics from being reduced to a back and forth on graphics.
Pretty sure we all know it’s LONG overdue. Just off the top of my head, real 3d textured grass, dirt, realistic cloth uniforms, and overall a haul of the animation system.
Old 02-15-2024, 08:32 AM   #3
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

I feel I have made my stance clear I am sure in other threads. I am fine with the graphics (Minus the really bad Brett Baty scan) but I am sure they can improve them as many others stated. Not sure my eyes would notice though.
Old 02-15-2024, 08:36 AM   #4
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Already posted my thought, never had any intentions of going "back and forth", but it is what it is...
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 02-15-2024, 08:37 AM   #5
Pro

I_HATE_THAT_DUDE's Arena

OVR: 4

The best jersey graphics was 2k! I love how you could make them baggy/loose and they'd actually move with the wind and when guys ran. Definitely overdue with the new hardware.

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2024, 09:31 AM   #6
Rookie

marbury's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm just wondering and being disappointed that SDS isn't using up to date technology these days like scanning faces as you can see in the screens below.

This Konami guy was using some kind of flashlight to scan Shohei. No need for multiple cameras to create a special scanning booth once a year at spring training. For sure the scan is not final and there is still some work to do as you can see at the back of the head. But I guess updating face scan should be more easy this way.

Another topic is the technology of 2K and EA were they scan animation off screen and don't need to do motion captures to add unique animations. This would be a game changer especially for pitching animations. As we all know in MLBTS the pitching has no real power motion the animations.

The graphic engine itself is outdated. I doubt there will be any changes at all in this area. Not in this console generation sadly. Screenshot_20240215_151206_Discord.jpegScreenshot_20240215_151216_Discord.jpegScreenshot_20240215_151226_Discord.jpegScreenshot_20240215_151237_Discord.jpegScreenshot_20240115_223249_Discord-1.jpeg
大谷 翔平 #17
Shohei Ohtani
It's ThaGreatMuta
Old 02-15-2024, 09:34 AM   #7
MVP

I'd be happy with the cloth physics and wind effects from MLB 2K7. Along with the stadium exteriors from that game. In fact if it had the gameplay of the Show, I might still be playing MLB 2K7.
Old 02-15-2024, 10:35 AM   #8
Rookie

One of my issues is that they haven’t updated graphics in a very long time, but my main gripe is that they won’t even address it. They see the outcry across multiple forums/social media platforms, and seemingly choose to ignore it. As if they don’t care about this particular aspect.

Last edited by Totfc773; 02-15-2024 at 11:44 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »