Home

MLB The Show Graphics Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show Graphics Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-15-2024, 12:54 PM   #17
MVP

Lisac's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show Graphics Discussion Thread

All you have to do is Pop in Madden or Soccer and you can see how far behind SCEA is in the Player Model and field texture
Old 02-15-2024, 12:55 PM   #18
Pro

MLB14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastcat
I always hesitate to say they need to move to a new engine because that could seriously mess up the pristine gameplay they have nearly perfected. They would need to completely rewrite the entire system. Not saying it'd be impossible but unless its something they've been secretly working on for the past 4 years, I don't see a way they can move to a new engine without creating a ton of problems in the way the game plays. And as much as I want to see a graphics overhaul, I don't think I'd be willing to get it at the expense of the already stellar gameplay.
They'd have to take their time and do it over a few years. Hopefully they started doin it years ago. They have to be aware their current game engine is limiting, especially graphically.

mobile device
Old 02-15-2024, 01:00 PM   #19
Rookie

Baseball Purist's Arena

OVR: 1

You would like to think this would be the year we would at least get some updates to the uniforms, as Nike/Fanatics have changed (ruined) the design of all teams uniforms.

I won’t be holding my breath for the update to make it to the game. As Marlins park (Loan Depot) and I believe the Diamondbacks, hasn’t been updated to the synthetic turf they changed to years ago.
Old 02-15-2024, 01:11 PM   #20
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

I've seen it asked about here (OS] before, and a color wheel would be great instead of going with the preset colors to choose from.
#44Syracuse
Old 02-15-2024, 01:27 PM   #21
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB14
They'd have to take their time and do it over a few years. Hopefully they started doin it years ago. They have to be aware their current game engine is limiting, especially graphically.

mobile device
Sony just announced that the PS5 is in the latter stages of its life span. Many saying 2027 for ps6, If it takes that long to get ready maybe they best just make the upgrades for ps6 rather than come out with a year or two left in ps5 and then we wait years into ps6.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2024, 01:45 PM   #22
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbekoscke
Also, pushing cross platform play (looking at you Xbox Series S) and cross generation online play does not help.
Unless I'm misunderstanding, the Xbox series S is definitely NOT the reason the graphics are sub par, one would need to look no further than the game still releasing on last gen consoles including the Switch.

Take last gen out of the picture and just develop for this gen of consoles and you would more than likely get the graphical updates...hell Madden did it, basically release 24 as nothing but a roster update, so not sure why The Show can't do the same...unless there was something involved with MLB and the porting process stating that the game HAS to stay on last gen as well...
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 02-15-2024, 01:54 PM   #23
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKillerOne
Sony just announced that the PS5 is in the latter stages of its life span. Many saying 2027 for ps6, If it takes that long to get ready maybe they best just make the upgrades for ps6 rather than come out with a year or two left in ps5 and then we wait years into ps6.
I know this is beside the point you are making, but to me the fact that we're entering the "latter stages" of the PS5's lifespan and the game still looks like a decent-but-not-amazing PS4 game is exactly the problem.
Old 02-15-2024, 01:56 PM   #24
Rookie

I only play sport games and it sucks that I have skipped out on the last 2 versions of MLB The show because I’m tired of playing the same looking game. In my case I don’t care about stadium creator, I used it maybe two times at most. I love the gameplay but it needs to stop looking like a ps3 game. I own a 4k/120 monitor and TV, and this is def the worse looking game on there. This game feels like and upscale 4k PS3 or ps4 game. It bothers me that they don’t care to invest in a new game engine. For that they should have just stayed only on PS4 in my opinion. This isn’t a next gen game compared to the other sporting games. I really wish Konami gave MLB The show some competition, it’s not a mistake when 2k competed with MLB The Show they cared about having better gameplay and graphics. Competition would make them invest and wanna be better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »