Home

Fallout 4

This is a discussion on Fallout 4 within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2024, 04:36 PM   #2369
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Fallout 4

Next Gen update for PS5 has been downloaded. It was 56GB lol.

I have just casually loaded it up and load times are already a lot better. The graphics look significantly improved as well. I wont get to play any today but will try over the weekend.
Old 04-25-2024, 10:30 PM   #2370
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelguy4736
Next Gen update for PS5 has been downloaded. It was 56GB lol.

I have just casually loaded it up and load times are already a lot better. The graphics look significantly improved as well. I wont get to play any today but will try over the weekend.
I'm about to get into this over the weekend as well. Looking forward to it as I haven't played a Fallout game in a long while. Just binge watched the show and it most certainly renewed my interest in the franchise. Speaking of t.v. shows, I really need to stop the binge watching because all it does is increase the time that I'll have to wait on the next season!! If can control myself lol, I'm going to start watching these shows once per week.
Old 04-26-2024, 08:58 AM   #2371
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Started up the PS5 version and had to download all of my mods, again. Most of them weren't even showing up under my favorites. I was using around 40 and at least 4 of them don't work at all, anymore. They were crashing my game until I figured out which ones and removed them. Hopefully the creators will figure out how to fix them so that they work with this.
#WeAreND
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2024, 09:34 PM   #2372
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
Started up the PS5 version and had to download all of my mods, again. Most of them weren't even showing up under my favorites. I was using around 40 and at least 4 of them don't work at all, anymore. They were crashing my game until I figured out which ones and removed them. Hopefully the creators will figure out how to fix them so that they work with this.
Sheesh, that sucks. I didn’t notice that many available mods for console while comparing to a list (50 best Fallout 4 mods) that I found online. It looks like the majority of the best mods are PC only, can you confirm if that’s true? If so, I’ll need to purchase the PC version. I’m currently running it on Series X and the mod list available contained only one or two of the mods from 50 best mods list.
Old 04-29-2024, 09:26 AM   #2373
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

I still have the PS4 Disk version of this game but I barely remember anything about the game. I did not get too far in before shelving it.

The timing was horrible. I was still living in a barracks in Japan, I had just finished The Witcher 3 which set the bar way too high, etc. I vaguely remembered the Piper character but that was about it.

One of my biggest complaints back then was how many quests they throw at you at once.. especially when you're coming out of cryo sleep after 200 years. It's my only Fallout experience and that's kind of Bethesda's style though so this time I'm just accepting there will always be a lot of stuff to do.

I swapped my L1/L2 and R1/R2 functions as well as moved jump to X and it plays a lot more natural to what my brain likes. Any game where I have to use the triggers to fire a weapon feels inconvenient.

Something I've learned the hard way is you have to treat this game like you're writing an essay on a 1998 Dell Desktop. You have to save early and often. I accidentally broke into Myrna's house because the door lit up green but I guess it was late and I had a weapon out so she starts blasting and I blast back and kill her. I tried to re-load and my last save had me already in her house being shot at so I ran for it trying not to kill her and finally escaped her and then the Raiders in the city to fast travel back to sanctuary.

I slept it off and went back BUT now I know to make sure I save the game alot because when you die the game will take you back a good bit or if you make a mistake like that you can be put in a no way out situation.
Old 04-29-2024, 08:20 PM   #2374
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

I brought FO4 out of storage for the first time in like 6 or 7 years just to recollect the Matt the missile baseball card. Took me awhile to relocate it. For some reason I thought it was actually in Diamond City. I needed to get another good look at the green monster anyway. No harm no foul.
#44Syracuse

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »