Home

Old 12-02-2019, 02:53 AM   #2353
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Fallout 4

I enjoyed Fallout 4

I will say I am frustrated by the complete lack of some of my favorite games this generation of consoles.

FO4 was released 4 years ago.

Skyrim was released in 2012 last gen - ES6 is still years away and will debut on the next iteration of consoles

Hell even GTAV released in 2013 last gen with no news on GTA6 yet. Crazy to see these 2 huge franchises completely skip an entire generation.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 12-02-2019, 12:18 PM   #2354
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
I enjoyed Fallout 4

I will say I am frustrated by the complete lack of some of my favorite games this generation of consoles.

FO4 was released 4 years ago.

Skyrim was released in 2012 last gen - ES6 is still years away and will debut on the next iteration of consoles

Hell even GTAV released in 2013 last gen with no news on GTA6 yet. Crazy to see these 2 huge franchises completely skip an entire generation.
Agree 100% with you. At least I saw something about rockstar saying they wanted to get back to making games more often like before. I would absolutely love that. I get games take more time and effort these days, but the days of having GTA 3, VC, and SA all within 3 or 4 years was great. GTA Online and now Red Dead Online being such successes will probably keep GTA games from releasing anymore frequently.

― Plato
Old 12-02-2019, 07:07 PM   #2355
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
My first was FO3 so I am blissfully ignorant on the games roots.

I enjoyed 3 but 4 is far better. I will play New Vegas after this run with 4 again.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Give an update when you finish New Vegas. I always thought it was so-so when I played it the first time around but after 2 more playthroughs it's quickly become my favorite in the series. FO3 was my first game in the series as well and was my number favorite for the longest time so I'm curious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2019, 11:04 AM   #2356
Pro

GainzBro's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by turncloak47
Give an update when you finish New Vegas. I always thought it was so-so when I played it the first time around but after 2 more playthroughs it's quickly become my favorite in the series. FO3 was my first game in the series as well and was my number favorite for the longest time so I'm curious.
New Vegas was extremely fun for me. I bought FO4 because I enjoyed NV so much but haven't been able to get into 4 yet. I'm just a few hours deep. Not really into building beds and planting crops.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-03-2019, 01:35 PM   #2357
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GainzBro
New Vegas was extremely fun for me. I bought FO4 because I enjoyed NV so much but haven't been able to get into 4 yet. I'm just a few hours deep. Not really into building beds and planting crops.

I have completely blown off the base building. Other than boarding up and adding some defenses....I don't care about it at all. I am off and exploring and doing quests and stuff.

I am really enjoying the game and will finish this puppy by year end.
Madden 21 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 12-03-2019, 02:37 PM   #2358
Pro

GainzBro's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I have completely blown off the base building. Other than boarding up and adding some defenses....I don't care about it at all. I am off and exploring and doing quests and stuff.

I am really enjoying the game and will finish this puppy by year end.
Maybe I'll give that a shot. But I'm so hooked on The Show I haven't desired to play anything else.

Old 12-04-2019, 09:27 AM   #2359
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27

I love the settlement building elements in this game. I'm a big fan of FO4 although I haven't completed it because I had problems running it on my ancient computers when I first bought it a few years back. It's currently in my rotation and I think it's a classic.

In most games you're the hero because you're killing monsters/bad guys. But in this game you do that and you actually feel like you're making a difference by cleaning up the waste land, recruiting settlers, giving them a place to live, taking care of basic needs like food and shelter. That just adds another dimension to the game that is lacking in Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

It's pretty cool going back to one of the settlements and seeing the settlers farm, defeat monsters and generally just live their lives.

Last edited by bhurst99; 12-04-2019 at 07:03 PM.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:03 PM   #2360
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

For me, I love games where I can build. Games like city skylines and factorio are in my wheelhouse. I have 200 hours into a save file I started 18 months ago and still have stuff to do because I have spent probably half that time building and perfecting settlements. Building in the game is considered dad mode as well so I can have my kids help me decide what to build too.

Currently Playing:

No Man's Sky (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Stardew Valley (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »