Home

Fallout 4

This is a discussion on Fallout 4 within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2013, 04:24 PM   #1
Crunchy

Mabster's Arena

OVR: 7
Fallout 4

We all know FO4 is coming at some point and now we're starting to see some leaked info.

Next location, Boston?

http://kotaku.com/leaked-documents-r...-in-1481322956

Quote:
The next entry in Bethesda's post-apocalyptic RPG series is real, it's in development right now, and, as rumored, it appears to be set in Boston, according to casting documents obtained by Kotaku.

Two weeks ago, a Kotaku reader sent me several documents from a casting call for a project code-named Institute. The casting documents, which I've been able to confirm are real, include scripts, character descriptions, and other details about the next Fallout, and although the word Fallout does not appear in these scripts, there are several references to Fallout's setting and locations. (The casting director for this project also worked on other Bethesda games, like Dishonored and Skyrim.)

This is the first confirmation we've received that the next Fallout game is in the works—although it's been generally assumed that Bethesda Game Studios, the development studio behind Fallout 3, has been working on a new Fallout since completing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim back in 2011, Bethesda has yet to announce the new game in any form. In 2012, rumors circulated that Bethesda employees were scouting the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Boston for an upcoming Fallout game, but other than that, news has been thin.

Yet the next Fallout remains one of the world's most anticipated games, and a few weeks ago, when an apparent teaser website called TheSurvivor2299 popped up on Reddit, people went crazy. The site, which was crafted as if it were an alternate reality game, hinted at a Fallout 4 announcement through a trickle of hidden messages and plot details, revealed through morse code and other cyphers. The sheer level of detail made the website seem real to some observers, but Bethesda wouldn't comment one way or another.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Fallout 4

So it is confirmed.

GOY5MN6.gif
Old 12-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

I suppose this might be one of the first big boy RPGs for next systems huh? **** is going to be epic.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #4
MVP

MrChainsaw's Arena

OVR: 11

Words simply cannot describe my excitement for this game.

PSN: FREExBEER
Old 12-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #5
Crunchy

Mabster's Arena

OVR: 7

My list of favorite rpgs is definitely fantasy heavy, but the Sci Fi Fallout series might just top my list.

It's certainly not the Sci Fi aspect of it that draws me in. I think it's the unique setting, the future 50's theme, and how it perfectly portrays a world in rabble and serious trouble. Here I'm just some scraggly vault hunter, usually forced outside, trying to find a place in the world. Not some destined bound dragonborn that has to save the world. You might end up doing it anyway, but I don't feel destined to have to like in fantasy rpgs.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 18

As excited as I am for multiple titles on the PS4, this is bar none my most anticipated, even without seeing a single screenshot.

Nothing can replicate the feeling I had when I first stepped out of the Vault into the Capital Wasteland in Fallout 3.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:13 PM   #7
Rookie

bostonchipster's Arena

OVR: 4

The Survivor site crushed my, but seeing this...Fallout is my favorite game franchise, and in my hometown...excitement is at 1000/10
Go Mets
Go Michigan
Go Arizona

Find me on Twitter @buffalochipster
and on Facebook.com/buffalo92
Old 12-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #8
MVP

FaM0us Skins's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm glad F4 is finally confirmed. Fallout 3 is my favorite game in the series.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »