Home

Old 11-27-2019, 01:54 PM   #2345
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Fallout 4

Fallout 4 was one of the weakest in the series.

Bethesda just doesn't have it anymore since Skyrim and even then Morrowind had more content in it then Skyrim did.

Throw in the disaster that is fallout 76 they are on their last legs and better hit it out of the park with ES 6 and Starfield.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2019, 01:57 PM   #2346
VFL

kwebbvols4423's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5
Fallout 4 was one of the weakest in the series.

Bethesda just doesn't have it anymore since Skyrim and even then Morrowind had more content in it then Skyrim did.

Throw in the disaster that is fallout 76 they are on their last legs and better hit it out of the park with ES 6 and Starfield.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Agreed. Fallout 4 was not good.
Old 11-27-2019, 02:43 PM   #2347
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwebbvols4423
Agreed. Fallout 4 was not good.
Disagree. Fallout 4 WAS good. Lol!
#WeAreND
Old 11-27-2019, 03:18 PM   #2348
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0

To each his own. Everyone has different views of games. Personally, I am not a fan of most post apocalypse games but I absolutely love Fallout 4.

I have over 200 hours into my current save game and there are still things I haven't done.

Currently Playing:

No Man's Sky (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Stardew Valley (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

Last edited by Funkycorm; 11-27-2019 at 04:20 PM.
Old 11-27-2019, 05:53 PM   #2349
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Fallout 4 is fun, but it isn't really Fallout anymore, at least not what Fallout started as. The dialogue in the game in near meaningless, the game is very linear compared to what the series was doing when it was birthed. 4 is more of a shooter with RPG elements than it is a Fallout game.

Fallout is all about making choices be it your skill choice, your dialogue choice, the choice of who you kill, who you spare, etc. None of that really matters in Fallout 4. That doesn't make it a bad game, it just makes it not as much of a Fallout game as many people had hoped for.

If Bethesda were to really follow the Fallout format, the next game in the series would be open in every facet it could be. The choices you would make in the beginning of the game would actually change your entire experience, sometimes immediately, sometimes behind the scenes and you may never realize the way it changed your save, the affect of your choice may not show up until 25 hours later in the story. You would be able to kill just about anyone you wanted and it would potentially alter the story, what quests were available, etc. You may choose to help out a small colony/village/settlement and think you are doing nothing major at all. Then it could turn out you just saved a group of very bad people that ends up opening an entire new questline down the road or even just makes future quests harder because they maybe took over an area, more towns, or whatever you could think of.

Fallout 4 simply gives the user the illusion of choice and freedom, but it is still a very linear game. I think that is where the majority of disappointment comes from. They took the Elder Scrolls formula and put a Fallout skin over it and that is not what the Fallout franchise is about. Elder Scrolls has always been more linear, more about just fighting and using magic to save the kingdom. That's not a terrible formula, but it does upset a lot of Fallout fans that Bethesda uses that same formula more or less for the Fallout series now.

It's very simple for Bethesda - make the game as open and take out all of the linearity you can. Make dialogue matter, make choices matter, make every thing the player does impact the world and quests even if it is behind the scenes. That is Fallout.

― Plato
Old 11-28-2019, 07:46 AM   #2350
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

My first was FO3 so I am blissfully ignorant on the games roots.

I enjoyed 3 but 4 is far better. I will play New Vegas after this run with 4 again.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 11-28-2019 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-28-2019, 10:50 AM   #2351
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

I’m going to start another play-through as soon as I finish taking out all of the hordes on Days Gone. I’ll alternate Fallout 4 with Madden until Cyberpunk releases. 👌🏻
#WeAreND
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2019, 05:18 PM   #2352
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

It's very simple for Bethesda - make the game as open and take out all of the linearity you can. Make dialogue matter, make choices matter, make every thing the player does impact the world and quests even if it is behind the scenes. That is Fallout.
That's not gonna happen with Bethesda because having good reactivity/choices & CONSEQUENCES inherently means locking players out of content, which is contrary to Bethesda's philosophy of "any character can do anything they want, at any time"

A franchise like Fallout being teamed with a dev like (post Morrowind Bethesda) is really an awful matchup, as they don't do the things that made Fallout great in the first place.....good writing (dark humor) and reactivity.

Last edited by Anthraticus; 11-30-2019 at 05:27 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »