Home

FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

This is a discussion on FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2022, 01:33 PM   #33
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

I know it was only one game, pre and post, but was the FOX coverage as terrible as I'm worried it will be? I'd love to be surprised.
Old 11-20-2022, 03:47 PM   #34
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
I know it was only one game, pre and post, but was the FOX coverage as terrible as I'm worried it will be? I'd love to be surprised.
Speaking of coverage, am I missing something or was the game on peacock app only available in Spanish?
I know it was on fox sports, but still.
Old 11-20-2022, 05:56 PM   #35
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
Speaking of coverage, am I missing something or was the game on peacock app only available in Spanish?
I know it was on fox sports, but still.
I assumed all US rights were with FOX, but it actually looks like Peacock has all the Spanish language rights for broadcasts. First twelve games are free, after that only available to Premium users.

Knowing that...I might just watch any games I'm interested in on Peacock. I assume I'd enjoy that more than whatever commentators FOX is using (even though I speak basically no Spanish)—just assuming.

All FOX games are available on-demand on Tubi, however, whatever that is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2022, 07:02 PM   #36
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Normally I don’t mind being the bearer of bad news, but really I would have loved to say you will be surprised. Unfortunately, you will not be.

I think the only reason it wasn’t completely awful is because Dempsey is there, but I’m fully willing to accept that I’m biased because he’s probably my favorite American player of all time. Holden was fine too but he’s always fine.
Old 11-20-2022, 08:53 PM   #37
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
Definitely a nice header but goal of the tournament? A bit much I’d say.

Really hate how the first day is just one game, especially on a Sunday when prepared to not move from the couch lol
The game today was actually moved from Monday to Sunday. So one game on the weekend is better than nothing.
Old 11-20-2022, 08:58 PM   #38

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
All FOX games are available on-demand on Tubi, however, whatever that is.
It's one of the dozen ad-supported streaming services, like Pluto, Freevee. And I'd be willing to bet they cut to commercial every 10 minutes, which is a no-go for watching matches for me. It's a no-go for watching anything, honestly.
Old 11-20-2022, 10:08 PM   #39
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
Normally I don’t mind being the bearer of bad news, but really I would have loved to say you will be surprised. Unfortunately, you will not be.

I think the only reason it wasn’t completely awful is because Dempsey is there, but I’m fully willing to accept that I’m biased because he’s probably my favorite American player of all time. Holden was fine too but he’s always fine.
You're not wrong though. Rob Stone did a decent job of keeping the flow going at the beginning, but apparently he got sick mid-way through and Tom Renaldi had to cover for him. Tom is a great investigative journalist, but not good a leading a panel. The girl next to Dempsey looked lifeless when she wasn't talking and Alexi was his normal "I'm angry and know every thing about the game" self.

I didn't have any problems with Strong and Holden calling the game. They did talk about the US game more than I cared for at the time, but since they're calling that game tomorrow, I get the need to push the narrative.
Old 11-20-2022, 11:10 PM   #40
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado

Clint Dempsey? Spanish feed on Peacock it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »