Home

NHL Off-Topic thread

This is a discussion on NHL Off-Topic thread within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-06-2016, 06:58 PM   #169

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NHL Off-Topic thread

Preds got way too many C it looks like right now. Ribeiro,Jarnkrok,Fisher,Hodgson,Gaustad and now Johansen.

And Jackets better have some more big moves ready, cause they need to clear cap space. They'll have about 10M in cap space the way things are going heading into offseason,while having 6RFA(Seth Jones and Ryan Murray being most notable ones).
Old 01-06-2016, 07:24 PM   #170
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Preds got way too many C it looks like right now. Ribeiro,Jarnkrok,Fisher,Hodgson,Gaustad and now Johansen.
Jarnkrok will probably move to the wing now since he's played there some before.

Gaustad's still a great guy to have on the fourth line and will continue to take most of the team's defensive zone starts.

Fisher's on the verge of retirement and will probably play out the last two years of his contract on the third line. Watson will be Fisher's replacement once he's gone.

Ribeiro will move down to the second line and should help setup all the young wingers Nashville has.

Hodgson is the odd man out, and since he's on a one-year deal, he'll probably be gone at the trade deadline or at the end of the season.

Last edited by jyoung; 01-06-2016 at 10:15 PM.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:34 PM   #171
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Jarnkrok will probably move to the wing now since he's played there some before.

Gaustad's still a great guy to have on the fourth line and will continue to take most of the team's defensive zone starts.

Fisher's on the verge of retirement and probably will play out the last two years of his contract on the third line. Watson will be Fisher's replacement once he's gone.

Ribeiro will move down to the second line and should help setup all young wingers Nashville has.

Hodgson is the odd man out, and since he's on a one-year deal, he'll probably be gone at the trade deadline or at the end of the season.
Agreed.
Nashville has centre's but they're all 2nd or 3rd line guys. Nobody who's a true #1.
Hodgson's been playing some wing this season too from what I understand?

I just want to know who's going to centre the Jackets #1 line now? Boone Jenner? He's a good player, but he's more of a 2nd or 3rd line guy.
But Torts should be happy. Now he doesn't have a pesky offensive star to ruin his strategy of scoring goals by blocking shots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2016, 07:44 PM   #172
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I just want to know who's going to centre the Jackets #1 line now? Boone Jenner? He's a good player, but he's more of a 2nd or 3rd line guy. But Torts should be happy. Now he doesn't have a pesky offensive star to ruin his strategy of scoring goals by blocking shots.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:08 PM   #173
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

What's the fastest time between two goals? Because last night Granlund scored on an empty net 2 seconds after Columbus scored.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:04 PM   #174
All Star

DrJones's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Hodgson and Zack Kassian are going to star in their own NHL Network sitcom, "What the F*** Happened?!" The supporting cast will include Hodgson's dad as a sociopathic politican, Mike Gillis as a grumpy know-it-all neighbour, and Badger from Breaking Bad as Kassian's wacky coke dealer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
DrJones brings the stinky cheese is what we've all learned from this debacle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipnis22
yes your fantasy world when your proven wrong about 95% of your post

Last edited by DrJones; 01-06-2016 at 11:08 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:36 AM   #175
Rookie

carko32's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Agreed.
Nashville has centre's but they're all 2nd or 3rd line guys. Nobody who's a true #1.
Hodgson's been playing some wing this season too from what I understand?

I just want to know who's going to centre the Jackets #1 line now? Boone Jenner? He's a good player, but he's more of a 2nd or 3rd line guy.
But Torts should be happy. Now he doesn't have a pesky offensive star to ruin his strategy of scoring goals by blocking shots.
Great deal for Nashville.

And if I remember correctly Dubinsky was their #1C for past few games and Wennberg on 2nd line. This might change in future, since Jenner also played some C in past months. But man they are in a hunt for Matthews, unless Bob comes back and plays like before injury, so like Vezina goalie again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2016, 07:14 AM   #176
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by carko32
Great deal for Nashville.

And if I remember correctly Dubinsky was their #1C for past few games and Wennberg on 2nd line. This might change in future, since Jenner also played some C in past months. But man they are in a hunt for Matthews, unless Bob comes back and plays like before injury, so like Vezina goalie again.
That would be the best thing for that franchise. They really need a kid like him to spark interest, ticket sales and get them back into contention.

But I'm sure the Oilers will have something to say about that.
I know a guy that purchased a Matthews Oilers jersey. I wish I was joking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »