Home

2024 Offseason Thread

This is a discussion on 2024 Offseason Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-19-2024, 08:49 AM   #473
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: 2024 Offseason Thread

I think you’re looking at two totally different crowds between the tailgaters and the let’s get a villa at the game crowd
Old 03-19-2024, 08:56 AM   #474
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I think you’re looking at two totally different crowds between the tailgaters and the let’s get a villa at the game crowd

As someone who used to go to 3-4 home games a year for the Skins/Commanders I can honestly say that some of the tailgate parties were massive. Some of those folks have serious setups which cost a lot of $$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2024, 09:16 AM   #475
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

It's an average temp of 100 in Arizona in Septembers. 90 in October, then 80...70....etc. It only makes sense for a place lie AZ to provide this. I do think other teams would look and see how this goes. I'm kind of surprised more teams don't already do this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2024, 10:23 AM   #476
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
“Ticket holders can enter 3 hours before the game”…

Don’t tailgate outside with your food and beverages…pay this extra $ on top of parking and ticket fees to party inside the stadium.

The ones that are tailgating aren’t the ones shelling out bread for them type of seats anyway lol.

Even at FedEx, folks aren’t just tailgating there, they’re doing it outside of their property too(across the street where the Landover Mall used to be, at the Boulevard). But yeah, teams aren’t and won’t go after them because it’s not a battle they’d win to begin with from a PR Standpoint.

Imagine Dan Snyder telling you, “Hey, YALL are going to stop tailgating because I’m building private sections in my stadium”. You know damn well you’d throw a fit if he were to tell you that
Old 03-19-2024, 12:38 PM   #477
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

OVR: 0

Seems nice, but no way I'm paying what it would take to watch games from there (not that that would ever be a possibility for me ) and still go to the bathroom in the regular restrooms or even on "villa restrooms". Let's get some private bathrooms up in there.

And now that I think about, they might not want a room which is closed off. Everything seems transparent, you can see everything from the outside. Don't want any extra-curricular activities going on :P
Old 03-19-2024, 12:56 PM   #478
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
The ones that are tailgating aren’t the ones shelling out bread for them type of seats anyway lol.

Even at FedEx, folks aren’t just tailgating there, they’re doing it outside of their property too(across the street where the Landover Mall used to be, at the Boulevard). But yeah, teams aren’t and won’t go after them because it’s not a battle they’d win to begin with from a PR Standpoint.

Imagine Dan Snyder telling you, “Hey, YALL are going to stop tailgating because I’m building private sections in my stadium”. You know damn well you’d throw a fit if he were to tell you that

People would absolutely throw a fit but when did that ever stop Snyder before .

The man had complaints for years from season tix holders with obstructed views and he did nothing smh.

It’s not going to appeal to all but it’s a nice cash grab that more teams are going to do. Hell my soccer team Chelsea did the same thing this year for their women’s team. They opened up the adjacent hotel so you can watch the game from your hotel balcony. The fans flipped out over it but that’s just their culture over there. Anything progressive is met with crying

Old 03-19-2024, 03:25 PM   #479
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Dang, WR Jerry Jeudy gets $58m 3-year extension from the Browns, $41 guaranteed.
Old 03-20-2024, 12:12 AM   #480
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Dang, WR Jerry Jeudy gets $58m 3-year extension from the Browns, $41 guaranteed.
This will either be a very good deal or a disaster, no in between.

It's an obvious overpay based on performance to date but there's talent there that could thrive opposite of Amari.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »