Home

MLB Off-Topic

This is a discussion on MLB Off-Topic within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-18-2016, 02:01 PM   #3993
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: MLB Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Yea I'm not trading a Cy Young contender just because he disagrees with this situation. And is taking a stand against management.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would trade him....to the north side...for peanuts. That should set things straight.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:02 PM   #3994
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I would trade him....to the north side...for peanuts. That should set things straight.

Yea as a Red Sox fan I would gladly take him and pay market price for him even (minus Moncada). But as a White Sox fan I don't see a reason to trade him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2016, 02:53 PM   #3995
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

If anything, I could see the White Sox sacking Kenny Williams. Not saying he did or didn't do anything wrong, but if I had an exec who pissed off ALL of my players while overruling the manager and GM, he'd probably be toast from an organizational harmony standpoint. That said, Kenny is far too cozy with Reinsdorf to be in any real danger.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2016, 02:59 PM   #3996
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

So LaRoche released a statement and claims that he was told that he couldn't bring his kid at all. I don't really buy that Kenny told him he couldn't bring the kid at all. That to me sounds highly unlikely.
Old 03-18-2016, 03:22 PM   #3997
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

If there was an agreement and the club rescinded on that agreement, I can't complain about the guy.

He wrote a letter to address the issue and I think he did a good job clearing it up. Interested to see how Williams responds to LaRoche stating that Williams changed "scale back" to full on "ban".
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 03-18-2016, 03:56 PM   #3998
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

This story is just too crazy. If indeed Williams changed his tune from "scale back" to "ban" than yeah the blame definitely falls on him. I don't really see that being the truth but then again I remember Williams being a bit of a an A-hole when he traded Mike Sirotka to the Jays under phony pretenses. (the medicals weren't exactly truthful) So it's not like Williams is a choirboy in that regard either.

This is not the greatest way to start the year for the Chi-Sox. You never want to have a near mutiny and dissension within the clubhouse over a situation that could easily be resolved. In the end I think the blame has to be spread around a bit to everyone involved.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 03-18-2016, 03:58 PM   #3999
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Probably was told to keep it to a sometime thing and refused to settle for the cut back. Williams probably said okay then how about none of the time.

Someone's a liar here.

When's the season start? Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 03-18-2016, 04:06 PM   #4000

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Spoiled athletes lol. Getting paid $13M for a .207 AVG, but it's still not enough. I don't care what was promised or what wasn't, it's a bad look to bitch and whine about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »