Home

Bowl Bound College Football

This is a discussion on Bowl Bound College Football within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-30-2012, 05:07 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Bowl Bound College Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp68
I started with Buffalo because they are about 3 hours away from me, and it is cool recognizing the high schools.

But I want to start another legacy to run concurrently. I was thinking someone down south like UAB or SMU who isn't a powerhouse, but you can believe could become a legit Top 15 team with the right coach/recruiting.
Its gonna be tough with Buffalo. I took North Carolina (check out my dynasty on the dynasty section main page) and I think I will have a down year after posting a winning season the past 2 years. Lost alot of offensive skill players.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:09 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 4

With Buffalo my aspiration would be to become a MAC contender eventually. Top 20 - forget it.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #35
Pro

Yea...checked out Buffalo in mine...not too good. Just started up season 4 got the win, and going to post later in the dynasty section.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #36
Banned

belucheez2's Arena

OVR: 5

I've been thinking of getting this recently. Any recent scenarios (like 2010-2012) out? If not, what is the more recent year?
Old 09-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #37
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by belucheez2
I've been thinking of getting this recently. Any recent scenarios (like 2010-2012) out? If not, what is the more recent year?
No recent game out, but there are Mods that have the current bowl system. Also, you can add a playoff system, move teams to the correct conference, or change any conference teams very easily. As far as rosters, I didn't check, because I am in the 3rd season of my Tarheels, and besides it really doesn't matter.

The replay value along outweighs the "must have current rosters". Story lines for the players from getting into trouble, auto accidents, bad grades, personal problems to players getting sick before the game.. Just about anything in real life. However, if you want to edit your rosters....roster editor is included. I don't think you can edit with the demo...its been a long time.

Last year, my best DT had an auto accident and missed the last 3 games, which in turn caused him to come back his senior year. He was leaning to go pro.

If you like the stats, stats and more stats...it is a must. However, if you are looking for anything with graphics....it is a no no. The game is "OK" if you play it out, but what I enjoy is setting my game plan, as who is going to get a certain percent of the carries, defense rotation, and the things the coach has to deal with on a weekly basics. Then on top of that...picking the plays you want to run in certain situations. For instance what plays are you going to run 3rd and 5, the percentage. Do you run an out 60% of the time with with your sure handed TE, and 40% a curl with your WR. The choices are just about endless.

Just remember the CPU will run the plays during sim mode that you set up. If you "Coach" you can do what u want.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #38
Banned

belucheez2's Arena

OVR: 5

Cool, this may be a pick-up for me. I like the random events (like that accident that hurt your DT) that could really change your program around.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #39
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by belucheez2
Cool, this may be a pick-up for me. I like the random events (like that accident that hurt your DT) that could really change your program around.
I would suggest just do the demo first. I'am not sure, but you can do one season...if I remember correct. Except, you are limited to the conference moves, editing...I think.

Also, it is cool to recruit a player from your old HS. I was trying to land this RB from my old HS (South Point, in Belmont NC). He decided to go to V Tech, broke my heart. Had him, he slipped away.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #40
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Yup demo is one season.

-Juke

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »