Home

Bowl Bound College Football

This is a discussion on Bowl Bound College Football within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Bowl Bound College Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplepower_NC
You can use the "normal playbook" - by default. This what the CPU is going to run if you don't do anything. There are a couple other "default books for pass and run. You can also turn over your playcalling to the OC/DC...not good if you have my staff. This is different than just the "normal playbook", as it is based on your OC/DC rating and what style you they prefer. What I do, is go an take a look at the team you are up against. Look over their stats and see what they are doing, and what might work against them. You can create a play book for what you want to do, and again....what they are weak in. Sort of works like watching a film on the other team.

I guess, I get too deep with this...but thats just how I coach. I have my playbook set up as to what I want to do on 1st down, 1st and short, 2nd and long, etc...and what plays I want to run in any situation. For instance...UNC did not have any playbooks with a goal line set to use in the redzone. This really hurt my first season...finishing with only 3 wins. I have added the plays and the % I want to run on at the goal line, as well if 4th and very short..and out of FG range, and need a score.
Has this been effective? One of my frustrations with the game is that it's tough to get a tangible feel for what my changes really do. BBCF doesn't really handle variant strategies very well either - the Air Raid, which has been effective for less-talented teams competing against bigger schools, doesn't work at all unless you have a 5.0/5.0 QB and solid receivers. Same thing with the option - Navy and Air Force have been reasonably competitive running it in the real world, but try it with a bad team in BBCF and you're screwed.

Other than that, the thing that keeps me coming back to this is the challenge - my North Texas team is pretty awful, but its gonna feel great when (if) I finally win the Sun Belt.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:56 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolstoy
Has this been effective? One of my frustrations with the game is that it's tough to get a tangible feel for what my changes really do. BBCF doesn't really handle variant strategies very well either - the Air Raid, which has been effective for less-talented teams competing against bigger schools, doesn't work at all unless you have a 5.0/5.0 QB and solid receivers. Same thing with the option - Navy and Air Force have been reasonably competitive running it in the real world, but try it with a bad team in BBCF and you're screwed.

Other than that, the thing that keeps me coming back to this is the challenge - my North Texas team is pretty awful, but its gonna feel great when (if) I finally win the Sun Belt.
To a degree, yes. I want to run the ball, got the OL, but can't seem to find the right RB to do it...on a game by game day. This year, might be different, with the Freshman that I handed the job too. So, I have to adjust to the strengths of my team on a year to year basics. Last year, I had the WR to spread out the D...to give me running lanes. This year..it is going to be tough with the WR I have. As far as option teams, they are tough to create as you have to have a very speedy QB, and RB...and not have the big arm QB. You have to have a plan, and scout and recruit for that plan.

Also, you have to take a look at your OC/DC and get the guy that you want to run YOUR system. I doesn't help when you want to run a West Coast style and your OC is more of the smash mouth run the ball guy. I have had this problem until I came up with my own game plan and set the CPU to use it vs the default normal/run/pass. Keep in mind you might take your licks, but overall, your team will improve...providing you recruit to your system. Still, your OC/DC is more how your players improve in certain areas. Take a look at what they are good/bad at, as far as improving players. My OC could not improve the WRs, and it shows this year....but great on the QB (took a 10 pt jump in overall).
Old 09-15-2012, 12:45 AM   #59
Rookie

jdx66's Arena

OVR: 3

Hey Purple,

What mod are you using to update the conferences and what not? Are you just using ICY's mod from the GDS forums? That one is the most up-to-date that I could find, but it's missing Western Kentucky, South Alabama, UMass, and maybe a few others.

Did you find something more up to date? If so, could you share it? Thanks either way! I enjoy your dynasty, BTW.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:11 AM   #60
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
There is a more updated version that have the projected conference changes. You'll have to do a search at GD's forums.

-Juke
Old 09-15-2012, 10:10 AM   #61
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdx66
Hey Purple,

What mod are you using to update the conferences and what not? Are you just using ICY's mod from the GDS forums? That one is the most up-to-date that I could find, but it's missing Western Kentucky, South Alabama, UMass, and maybe a few others.

Did you find something more up to date? If so, could you share it? Thanks either way! I enjoy your dynasty, BTW.
As Juke said...there is an updated one, but not sure when it came out. I've had the game awhile, and forgot how long it has been since I last updated. I am in year four of my dynasty and have no plans of restarting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #62
Rookie

jdx66's Arena

OVR: 3

Thanks guys, I found it.

If anyone else is wondering, it's in the BBCF Mods forum and dark cloud's "BBCF 2010 Mod" thread. Go to the last page and it has 2012 updates.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:24 AM   #63
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

I've been playing them demo, and I like it a lot. Unfortunately, I can't afford to purchase it, and I also am one of those people who will not buy a PC game.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 09-22-2012, 09:29 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 0

Tried FOF demo. Looks good. But can you save your career in that demo at all? That would really suck if you couldn't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »