Home

Bowl Bound College Football

This is a discussion on Bowl Bound College Football within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-07-2012, 10:16 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Bowl Bound College Football

The more I play, the more I enjoy this game. Just got notified that one of my CB's is having some personal problems at home and is thinking of leaving the program.

Also, not to knock NCAA 13...but I have noticed in the dynasty page how good the teams become. You have teams like Fresno, Duke, etc going to the NC....how realist is that?. I guess thats why I just use the NCAA games just to have fun..and this for more of an indepth game.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #18
Rookie

SalvArmyMatt's Arena

OVR: 1

I like this game, but I have a couple issues that break it for me.

The in-game play calling is awful and the results are totally bogus and unrealistic often. The presentation is terrible. I understand it is a text game, but it could be delivered much better.

Also statistical results from others teams are totally off and unrealistic as well. I wish there was a way to edit the programming of this game and tweak it.

I think it could be a really great game, but I can't get around the odd results.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalvArmyMatt

The in-game play calling is awful and the results are totally bogus and unrealistic often. The presentation is terrible. I understand it is a text game, but it could be delivered much better.

Also statistical results from others teams are totally off and unrealistic as well. I wish there was a way to edit the programming of this game and tweak it.

I think it could be a really great game, but I can't get around the odd results.
I sort of agree with you on the in-game play calling. But, you got to remember...this is not NCAA...you can't run the same 4 plays all game long. I have had very good results (when I play the game), by using most of my playbook. Don't let the CPU pick the play for you, as if you have a not so good OC/DC...it can get bad. Also, go and check out the plays that are not working for you and change your playbook. I try and change mine up every game, because...some plays just don' t fit what I want to do. I am currently in the middle of redoing my playbook for this year.

Also, I haven't had any odd results other than the top 25 ratings. How some teams jump over a team when they played a nobody. Other than that the stats look good. Sometimes there is a player or two that has some HOF type stats...but that can happen.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:17 PM   #20
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

The NCFA is a Bowl Bound league - we've been running for a long time.

You can sign up here - there's usually 20-25 human controlled teams each season. Plenty of new guys and many that have been around 15+ seasons. We use a playoff system.

www.simgamingnetwork.com

Check the NCFA forum. We're always looking for new people.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:24 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
The NCFA is a Bowl Bound league - we've been running for a long time.

You can sign up here - there's usually 20-25 human controlled teams each season. Plenty of new guys and many that have been around 15+ seasons. We use a playoff system.

www.simgamingnetwork.com

Check the NCFA forum. We're always looking for new people.
Would love to join, but working 2 jobs, just don't have the time to do a league. I know the league, would have to upload files every couple of days, and just don't have the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 03:12 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalvArmyMatt

Yep, this. I actually liked a lot of the game, but the match day experience itself kills it for me on the long term. Not instantly but i tend to lose interest after a season or so because the matches itself just take a very long time to play and are not 'that' fun. Especially since (and this will probably because i'm not enough of a stats guy/analyst guy) with a text based sim it's extremely hard to find out why a play is or isn't working and therefor if you should call it or not. Then it becomes more of a guestimating what might work.

That is the main advantage of NFL Head Coach or NCAA 12 (coach mode) for me: you actually see which play is and isn't working and have a good idea why it is or isn't working. Can't the o-liners get push on a running play, does the o-line need extra help on their left side on pass plays, does the defense bite so that a PA pass might be an idea next time around, is the rb missing accelleration and/or speed for an outside run or is he not powerfull enough to get the extra yard or 2 needed? Etc. etc.

Imo if you can combine Bowl Bound with NCAA 12 it would be the perfect game for me.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #23
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by roninho
Yep, this. I actually liked a lot of the game, but the match day experience itself kills it for me on the long term. Not instantly but i tend to lose interest after a season or so because the matches itself just take a very long time to play and are not 'that' fun. Especially since (and this will probably because i'm not enough of a stats guy/analyst guy) with a text based sim it's extremely hard to find out why a play is or isn't working and therefor if you should call it or not. Then it becomes more of a guestimating what might work.

That is the main advantage of NFL Head Coach or NCAA 12 (coach mode) for me: you actually see which play is and isn't working and have a good idea why it is or isn't working. Can't the o-liners get push on a running play, does the o-line need extra help on their left side on pass plays, does the defense bite so that a PA pass might be an idea next time around, is the rb missing accelleration and/or speed for an outside run or is he not powerfull enough to get the extra yard or 2 needed? Etc. etc.

Imo if you can combine Bowl Bound with NCAA 12 it would be the perfect game for me.
Yea they could have added some detail in the text or even some feedback from your staff or even just give a detail report in the "game tape review" instead of just showing stats. Game def needed some improvement which is sad because it is abandoned for now.

Hopefully well get a new version or if PFS fine tune its pro game along with the 2D engine, maybe well get a College version of PFS.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:11 PM   #24
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninho

I can understand your point. However, I have no problem finding why certain plays are not going to work. For instance, I can take a look at my "not so go centers" rating, and can see that I can not or should not run behind this guy. I therefore change my plays to run more to the outside or run counters.

Don't get me wrong....the game could use some work. But, this is mainly a text based game...no thrills with the graphs/sounds. As for HC/NCAA12, I have both and enjoy both an only play coach mode. The problem I have with them is the rating don't really mean anything. I have took so many
teams to the NC in year two....it just isn't a challange. Yes, you do see how the line moves, the push, etc....but that's just the graphics. I have put a QB on the OL....the same results...even in HC. I have lowered the OL to 40 overall...same results.

There is no way to do that with Bowl Bound. If you don't have the guys to run a certain offense/defense...the play will not work due to their skills. You have to dig into the rating to get the best out of your players...vs just put someone in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »