Home

2022 Fitness Adventure

This is a discussion on 2022 Fitness Adventure within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-20-2022, 09:41 AM   #57
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: 2022 Fitness Adventure

My back is still injured. I can't even sit down without further injuring it. I've seen the chiropractor five times in the past week, I'm always either standing or laying, I ice it about 5-7 times a day, etc. It's healing, but it's not healed.

I likely won't be running again until maybe June. How much progress (and therefore motivation) I will have lost by then is beyond me.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 06-08-2022, 06:54 PM   #58
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27

Just finished an eight day, UK Coast to Coast cycle tour, from Lowestoft, England to St. David's, Wales (close to the widest England gets). It was about 445 miles and 35,000 feet of climbing. Adventure of a lifetime. Completely exhausted at night. Can't believe I pulled off some of those climbs through Wales.

There were eight of us on the tour and four were above the age of 70 (one was 78, one woman was just shy of 77!). Incredible athletes for their age. Very inspirational to think there are people willing to chase dreams at that age. I know quite a few older people who hate leaving their home nevermind going across a country on a bike.
Old 06-08-2022, 08:46 PM   #59
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhurst99
Just finished an eight day, UK Coast to Coast cycle tour, from Lowestoft, England to St. David's, Wales (close to the widest England gets). It was about 445 miles and 35,000 feet of climbing. Adventure of a lifetime. Completely exhausted at night. Can't believe I pulled off some of those climbs through Wales.

There were eight of us on the tour and four were above the age of 70 (one was 78, one woman was just shy of 77!). Incredible athletes for their age. Very inspirational to think there are people willing to chase dreams at that age. I know quite a few older people who hate leaving their home nevermind going across a country on a bike.
That's impressive regardless of age but even more so +70.

What kind of bike do you have?
Old 06-09-2022, 06:32 PM   #60
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
That's impressive regardless of age but even more so +70.

What kind of bike do you have?
I rented a bike though the company. It was a Boardman road bike. Not sure of the model.
Old 07-01-2022, 06:18 PM   #61
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike9199
It took me around two years to recover after the minor back injury and another year to finally start with the sports again. This summer i cycle to work 3 times a week (22 miles approx., one way)
Glad you've recovered! How did you get your injury?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2022, 12:11 PM   #62
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontoddwhitt
My one downfall in life is when I’m stressed, the first thing I do is hit the refrigerator. Not a good combination. During my parents divorce in high school, I ballooned up to 275 pounds. In college, I got that down to 200 with all the walking around campus. But I was the very definition of skinny fat. I never could stick to a workout plan and was soft as hell.

Fast forward through the next decade and with the pandemic and everything else in life, I stepped on the scale in December at 230. I wasn’t happy with a lot of things.

So I set out to change that. Reading up on nutrition, getting more active. Not so much cutting out bad foods, but watching my portion sizes and cutting out late night snacking.

I stepped on the scale today at 201 (6-4 by the way). Still not a finished product. Still have a bit of this stubborn belly fat to burn off. Still have more muscle to add. I’m pleased though. When you stare at yourself everyday, you don’t notice the changes. But looking at old pictures, it reminds you of where you have been.

I can say I have successfully rewired myself. I no longer have the urges to just grab a bag of chips out of sheer boredom, or to keep eating simply because it’s there. I honestly think I have found something I can stick with.

The key take away is this. One day will not derail you. One day where you eat two slices of key lime pie or skip one workout will not completely undo all that progress. Tomorrow is a new day. Do your best and forget the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That post was from the end of April.

Tipped the scales today at 189.8. I will say this...my knees and ankles don't kill me like they used to. If I can stay between 180-190, I consider this a success.

The fact I've been able to sustain this steady weight loss for such a long period of time gives me hope that I won't balloon back up as I've always had in the past.
Old 07-02-2022, 04:06 PM   #63
All Star

OVR: 8

I started 2022 strong, continuing a strong end to 2021. But things went down hill in February after I had a toe infection, followed by a foot blister, followed by blistered heels. It took close to 2 months before all of my foot issues were healed and to a point where I could comfortably wear shoes again. By that point though I had a very hard time in getting back to a routine. I'd do a Zwift ride or a couple days of t-25 here and there, but it was just hard for me to stick with it. Somehow during this period I hit the highest weight that I've ever seen (yay for being 35) and that really convinced me that I need to get back at it.

I'm just finished week 2 of P90x3. I've really had to force myself to do a few of the workouts this week when I thought "I'll take a rest day", but I did get them done thankfully. I've lost about 5 pounds since the start of the program 2 weeks ago. 10lb to go to get back to where I was at the start of the year. Work is about to pick up in a big way this month though making it even more of a struggle to get motivated.
Old 07-06-2022, 08:26 PM   #64
All Star

OVR: 13

Just dropping in to offer encouragement to everyone, both the guys who've made great progress and those that are currently off the wagon...I'm somewhere in between right now, but trying to at least maintain a decent diet, since my exercise has gone to crap. Long view is weight loss > muscle gain at this point in my life, although I may have to re-evaluate at some point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »