Home

2022 Fitness Adventure

This is a discussion on 2022 Fitness Adventure within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-27-2022, 07:42 PM   #73
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: 2022 Fitness Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Live 013
Great job man, keep it up. Anything in particular that helped you the most? I ask because I have been stuck now for like two months and would take any advice :P
My biggest thing was using an app to track what I eat. I'm horrible about what is termed "fog eating". I can put away a family-size bag of chips in one sitting without even thinking about it. That and cutting out late-night snacking. No eating after 8 pm.

I used the Noom app for a while, and it totally changed the way I thought about food. Most restrictive diets didn't work for me because they would cut out all of these "bad" foods and it just wasn't sustainable. Noom uses a color guide system (green/yellow/red) to group foods and how many calories you should have in each group. And even though I struggled to stay within those limits, I would do a good job of staying under the overall limit.

Plus, I would walk every day. I would like to clean up my diet a little bit more and get back on a regular strength training routine, but I think I'll have to get off of third shift before I can do that completely.
Old 12-27-2022, 08:03 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

OVR: 0

I will check out the Noom app, definitely need to clean my diet.
Old 12-29-2022, 12:49 AM   #75
All Star

OVR: 8

The year started out strong, but a series of toe issues made working out a difficulty for much of 2022. I hit my highest weight of my life about back in October (particularly unfortunate as I had started the year out getting my weight down to as low as it had been in 5 years). Fortunately the toe problems have been better as of late, and so I was able to get back onto a workout program where I'm 8 weeks into it. It's been slow going as I have had to rebuild some stamina, especially in my legs, but I have been chipping away at the weight gains over these last 2 months. The holidays stunted that progress a bit, but I'm happy to be back in a routine.

Diet is the next area to target. I've been wanting to find a good app to help monitor what I take in. As my old boss likes to say, you can't improve what you don't measure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2023, 02:25 PM   #76
All Star

OVR: 13

I basically took 2022 "off" from exercise, due to multiple factors, most of which everyone is well-acquainted with.

So, I guess my 2023 goal is to simply get back on the horse. If that means paying more than I'd like to for a gym membership because it's the only way I know that will 'force' me into activity, so be it. The plus side is that while I didn't exercise, I did manage my eating & drinking, so I managed to lose weight over the past year. If I can maintain that while adding back some semblance of exercise, I might end up in okay shape.

We'll see...check back with me 12 months LOL. But hope springs eternal.
Old 01-03-2023, 05:02 PM   #77
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I gained ten pounds during Thanksgiving break, and eight pounds so far during winter break. Eff me, I need to watch myself nutritionally.

I was going to start running the other day, but we've had nothing but rain and actually flooding on my usual running path.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-04-2023, 12:21 PM   #78
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I gained ten pounds during Thanksgiving break, and eight pounds so far during winter break. Eff me, I need to watch myself nutritionally.

I was going to start running the other day, but we've had nothing but rain and actually flooding on my usual running path.
Yeah, January weather is going to conspire against a lot of us looking to get back on the horse...may have to find alternative (nearby/indoor) means of easing back in.
Old 12-28-2023, 05:02 PM   #79
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhurst99
I didn't hit my goal of cycling 5,000 km but I did set a personal best of 4,500 km. When I look at the above post and note that I did only about 200 km through the first three months of 2022 because of a harsh Canadian winter, I'll take it.

I really had to push it to reach 4,500 km. We had some good weather here in November which allowed me to hit it. It turned out I spent more time cycling than I did driving (23 hours to 21 hours) in November, according to Google timelines. That's a first.

The highlight of the year was biking across England and Wales, east to west, about 700 km over the course of eight days. I met a 78-year old on the trip who has done more than 15,000 km this year, according to Strava. We should all hope to be that healthy at that age.

I don't know if I'll ever hit 5,000 km due to working full time and Canadian weather but I'll keep trying.
I pulled off 5,000 km cycling this year with 600 km in December thanks to some mild weather and a lot of determination. Just got it done on Dec. 26. One of my personal highlights of the year.
Old 12-28-2023, 09:00 PM   #80
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
I basically took 2022 "off" from exercise, due to multiple factors, most of which everyone is well-acquainted with.

So, I guess my 2023 goal is to simply get back on the horse. If that means paying more than I'd like to for a gym membership because it's the only way I know that will 'force' me into activity, so be it. The plus side is that while I didn't exercise, I did manage my eating & drinking, so I managed to lose weight over the past year. If I can maintain that while adding back some semblance of exercise, I might end up in okay shape.

We'll see...check back with me 12 months LOL. But hope springs eternal.
Well, that didn't go as planned...

Oh well, try to get back on the horse in '24.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »