Home

The Dream Analyst

This is a discussion on The Dream Analyst within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-05-2014, 06:44 PM   #33
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: The Dream Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I found this thread timely as well, for a recurring dream I used to have throughout most of the 00's just returned for the first time in 3-5 years. In real life I went on a couple of dates with this wonderful girl. Things progressed very well, then I blew a chance to kiss her. Never got the chance again. So I always used to have dreams of getting that elusive kiss, and it was always associated with euphoria, but also great relief, like I could finally put an end to that desire. Always felt very real, leading to unpleasant awakening upon learning it wasn't so.

Anyhow, we'd lost touch with one another over the past five years. I thought she'd mostly slipped out of mind, hence the drop off in the dream. Interesting to have it pop back up, she's obviously still in there somewhere. Coincidental this thread came up in such close proximity to my little dream relapse.

Have you struck up conversation with someone you are interested in?

Perhaps even see a new woman that you would like to get to know much better?

Sent from my mobile device.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 05-05-2014, 06:46 PM   #34
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Here's one for you, CMH. This is gonna sound crazy but I swear I'm not making this up. When I was younger, probably 15 to early 20's. I had a recurring dream that I was on the Titanic. It was dark and windy and my Uncle was there, who I am very close with, and he throws me overboard. And as I'm falling towards the water I see sharks swimming around where I'm gonna land. I always woke up before I hit the water.

Its been a long time, but I used to have this dream quite frequently.

Old dreams are tough for me because whatever was running through your mind then likely doesn't affect you today.

Your younger self seemed concerned with someone he trusts betraying him.

It wouldn't have had to be some major backstabbing. Could have been as simple as a sibling possibly telling your mother a secret you wanted to keep.

"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 05-05-2014, 06:50 PM   #35
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
I have dreams where I'm back in basic training which is obviously pretty horrifying. Had one last night where the drill wouldn't let me go to the bathroom, I thought I was about to pee my uniform when I woke up and throught I was about to pee my shorts.

Have you been experiencing a feeling like someone is keeping you from progressing in life or in a simple task that has built up into a deadline over the past couple days?

Using the restroom when you need to is a very liberating feeling for many. Being told you can't go is very restrictive and painful; it keeps you from advancing further emotionally as going to the restroom is at the forefront of your mind when you need to go.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2014, 12:26 AM   #36
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

It's been years since I had a variation of it, but a few months after my Aunt passed I had a dream where I was with her. I told her how much I missed her and she insisted that I would be alright without her and I'd see her again one day. Throughout my life there would be different variations of the dream. She'd ask me how school was and various other questions.

It could be my mind trying to help me cope with the loss. But I'd like to think of it as her checking up on me every once in a while from Heaven. Either way it's comforting, but I always wake up with tears.

Old 05-06-2014, 09:30 AM   #37
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18

Had a dream I witnessed an accident, head on collision from some sort of perch. It was a pretty minor incident given what it was, both made it out okay. One was a dark car and the other an SUV or truck with a guy that looked and sort of acted and talked like Budd from Kill Bill.

I'm assuming it has something to do with a cousin who was killed in a head on collision a couple weeks ago in NJ?
Old 05-06-2014, 10:03 AM   #38
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Last weekend I had a dream that I was in some type of rouge Mission Impossible or James Bond type stuff. It was basically like 5-6 of guys facing off against an army of 20-30 soldiers. We were in a city and we were shooting at them from windows of a building and they were like on a lower rooftop.

We were slowly picking them off one by one and progressing forward. Some of our group reached the street level and as we were coming up on the buildings where they were I saw some kids watching us. I caught eyes with them and just told them to stay down, then kept moving. We finally made it around to where the soldiers were and all of them were either dead or had fled the scene. The next thing I know cops were coming down on us and we all started to run. At first I ran forward to get away and there were even more cops... some of the guys got captured and some of us turned around to run towards the river. As we ran back, I saw the kids that I had passed earlier in an old 60s or 70s model Cadillac. We got into a boat, but before we could take off we were surrounded, then I woke up. The only person that I really recognized for the dream was Woo from Survivor was one of the guys I got into the boat with.

Let's see what you got, CMH.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 05-06-2014, 10:24 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 3

This thread is a very interesting read. I hope it winds up being one of the "long-termers".

So, here's my contribution. I know you said older dreams are harder, but, this one is one that I've had recurring for years, the most recent time probably about 4 months ago or so.

It's usually extremely similar each time. I always wake up in a room, sometimes my bedroom (and it's the bedroom of whatever place I'm living at the time, so it's been in different apartments over the years, now it's in my current house's bedroom), sometimes my bedroom from my childhood home. Anyway, in the dream, something wakes me up, and I feel like there's a ghost in the room. I can't see it or anything, but I can feel like there's something there. In the dream, I then proceed to almost, for lack of a better word, taunt the ghost. I'll start off talking quietly, saying things like "If you're here, then turn on the tv". And then the tv comes on. So my voice gets a little louder, and I'll say "Fine, if you're really here, close the door", and then the door closes. This goes on for a few more times, and then the last time I'm screaming as loud as I can for the ghost to do whatever. At that point, I try to scream again, but this time, I feel like there's a ton of weight on my chest. I'm trying to scream, but I can't. I'm trying to sit up, but I can't… And then this is when I usually wake up in real life.

Honestly, it's terrifying. I often wake up with the sweats, incredibly relieved that it was just a dream. But (and as juvenile as it sounds), I usually will turn over and just grab on to my wife as tight as I can. And she knows now, and she'll say "You had another ghost dream, didn't you." I've wondered many times over the years what it could mean, and have tried googling a lot as well, looking for any type of interpretation that would make sense.

Thanks for starting this thread up – I haven't shared that dream / story with very many people at all.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:46 PM   #40
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24
It's been years since I had a variation of it, but a few months after my Aunt passed I had a dream where I was with her. I told her how much I missed her and she insisted that I would be alright without her and I'd see her again one day. Throughout my life there would be different variations of the dream. She'd ask me how school was and various other questions.

It could be my mind trying to help me cope with the loss. But I'd like to think of it as her checking up on me every once in a while from Heaven. Either way it's comforting, but I always wake up with tears.

That sounds like a nice dream (minus your aunt having passed).

I could have another thread about relatives watching over you but that's another topic and one that probably wouldn't work on OS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »