Home

The Dream Analyst

This is a discussion on The Dream Analyst within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-28-2014, 04:40 PM   #65
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: The Dream Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan2
I had a dream the other night that I was at the academic planning day for college for my freshman year of college (which is actually coming up in a few weeks). Basically it's where you take a placement exam and meet with guidance counselors to decide what level you will be in each course.

Anyway I get into this thing and for whatever reason these people are speaking some foreign language which I'm pretty sure was Japanese. Theyre asking me question after question and obviously I can't respond because I don't know what they're saying. After a while they all start looking at each other and start shaking their heads. Eventually they tell me that there's been a mistake and tell me to leave.

I'm pretty sure this means one of two things: 1) I have a self confidence problem in thinking I won't be smart enough and 2) this is pretty much a product of my doubts about the major I've chosen (business) and if it's something that I actually want to do.
I think it's closer to 1 than anything. Sounds like you're nervous and the dream was a manifestation of that nervousness - creating an environment designed to make you fail.

You got in. You'll be okay. Let us know how it goes in real life.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2014, 10:06 PM   #66
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
Sorry for taking so long to get to this. The month of May is crazy at work and I'm not really in a state of mind to read and think over this kind of stuff. You guys are definitely dreaming weird ****. What is wrong with OS?!

The first dream:
This is going to sound dull. I think the key here is you have experienced this at work (the eye lash and not the bleeding eyes. I hope not the bleeding eyes. That would require a doctor asap).

I'm not going to say that the dream was your mind running away with the worst case scenario, but I do think it plays a part.

Dream state is very sensitive and, as we all know, the mind will wander to fill gaps. The eyelash incidents are common enough that you would dream of them. Once in that state, you're giving your mind license to figure out what could be happening to cause pain in your eyes.

I really don't think this is more than your mind trying to create the cause of an effect.

Second dream:
I would like to know what exactly you were dreaming about with this girl from 1998. Her being in a dream could be nothing. Your mind likes to fill faces with people we know so you feel at ease. I once had a dream where my best friend was the kid from The People Under The Stairs. It just happens.

But, more detail could maybe help me analyze the dream further.
No problem I understand and thanks....right now I can't remember what was with her in the dream...I mean we weren't being intimate in anyway...she was just there hanging out with me...probably to vague heh (do remember she was looking just as good as she used to)
Old 06-03-2014, 06:52 PM   #67
MVP

Clemsonpanther's Arena

OVR: 3

I have dreams about teenage romance... What does that mean? (Im a teen so it isnt like im reliving the past)
Old 06-03-2014, 11:35 PM   #68
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsonpanther
I have dreams about teenage romance... What does that mean? (Im a teen so it isnt like im reliving the past)
In my non-expert opinion, I think it means that you're a teenager.
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 06-10-2014, 03:11 PM   #69
Pro

psychraider32's Arena

OVR: 8

I have my bachelors in psychology, am I qualified to dream analyses ? I'm particularly interested in lucid dreaming and taking control of them.

Interests and Hobbies: video games, programming, psychology, neuroscience, piano, functional strength training.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:43 AM   #70
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychraider32
I have my bachelors in psychology, am I qualified to dream analyses ? I'm particularly interested in lucid dreaming and taking control of them.
As long as you don't get clinical with your advice, or telling people they should change something drastic about their life, you should be okay.

The thing to worry about is giving someone advice, them taking it and having something bad happen, and then suing you because of it.

Watch me play video games
Old 08-18-2014, 09:29 PM   #71
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Hey CMH, I was just thinking about dreams, and I remembered reading through this thread, thought I'd ask you to see if you had any insight...

So, my question is basically this:

When you have a dream that involves a lot of people (at a restaurant, walking down the street, etc.) and there is a bunch of random people that are not actively involved in your dream, but are just there. I've wondered if those people are actual people that you have come across in your daily life, and your brain just catalogs them subconsciously, or does your brain just create random people that don't actually exist?

No idea if that question can even be answered, and it's not really in line with the idea of your thread, just thought I'd ask

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2014, 11:00 PM   #72
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

My father passed away last week.

In a couple of my dreams, he's alive and kicking and I don't even have a second thought about it during the dream, even though I'm fully aware of the situation.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »