Home

The Dream Analyst

This is a discussion on The Dream Analyst within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-03-2014, 06:44 PM   #25
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: The Dream Analyst

Not bad, lol.

I'm always concerned about losing things. Whether it's people I love or physical things. I'm OCD. I check my cards in my wallet multiple times if I use it, etc.

The external hard drive was in my case that I'm in now. Has a handle and all that. Maybe I'm scared of my computer crashing again too, who knows.

I was distracted in my dream, because of the chicks and the unfamiliarity of the area I found myself in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2014, 11:44 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I found this thread timely as well, for a recurring dream I used to have throughout most of the 00's just returned for the first time in 3-5 years. In real life I went on a couple of dates with this wonderful girl. Things progressed very well, then I blew a chance to kiss her. Never got the chance again. So I always used to have dreams of getting that elusive kiss, and it was always associated with euphoria, but also great relief, like I could finally put an end to that desire. Always felt very real, leading to unpleasant awakening upon learning it wasn't so.

Anyhow, we'd lost touch with one another over the past five years. I thought she'd mostly slipped out of mind, hence the drop off in the dream. Interesting to have it pop back up, she's obviously still in there somewhere. Coincidental this thread came up in such close proximity to my little dream relapse.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:34 AM   #27
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Here's one for you, CMH. This is gonna sound crazy but I swear I'm not making this up. When I was younger, probably 15 to early 20's. I had a recurring dream that I was on the Titanic. It was dark and windy and my Uncle was there, who I am very close with, and he throws me overboard. And as I'm falling towards the water I see sharks swimming around where I'm gonna land. I always woke up before I hit the water.

Its been a long time, but I used to have this dream quite frequently.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:07 PM   #28
MVP

ASB37's Arena

OVR: 32

I have only one dream that I can really remember, as it was the only re-occurring dream I've ever had.

I was tied up in an office chair and in an alley with only one exit. I was rolling around in the chair trying to escape and down the alley was this huge beat of a dog/wolf. Everytime I would have the dream the dog/beast would be charging down at me as I frantically tried to escape and I would wake up at the exact moment the dog/beast would have jumped up on me.

No idea what it could mean as I love dogs/animals and don't really have any fears of them.

"You play to win the game."
Old 05-04-2014, 04:39 PM   #29
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

I find it really, really weird how everyone basically has the same dreams.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:48 PM   #30
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

I have dreams where I'm back in basic training which is obviously pretty horrifying. Had one last night where the drill wouldn't let me go to the bathroom, I thought I was about to pee my uniform when I woke up and throught I was about to pee my shorts.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:11 AM   #31
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Just had a dream where it was a cross between reality & a dream. I can only remember the end of it, there was a series of knocks at a door, closely together. I just woke up literally 30 minutes ago, so I'll have to check with my fiancé when she's awake, but someone (her?) said, it's the mailman don't answer it.

Pretty sure the mailman doesn't come by at 730am banging on our door.

I'm not sure if it was in the dream or I was half awake and someone actually was knocking whether that was on our door or one of the other 2 occupied units in the building I live in.

I've woken up before to things like that, but it'll be a lawn mower or chainsaw from someone in the neighborhood that I heard.

Now that I think of this, back when I was in 6th grade, we got a trampoline for Christmas. And I knew it, like one of the family members (brother or maybe even my dad or stepmom at the time) told me. But I couldn't recall the actual conversation because it felt like it occurred in a dream. It wasn't until we got the trampoline that I was like, I knew this was gonna happen. Not that I have great memory of growing up, in fact I think I blocked a lot of stuff out as a kid (not that I had a bad childhood at all), but I was 11-12 years old. I feel like it's not something I wouldn't remember like I was too young or something.

Life is weird. Dreams are weirder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2014, 01:37 PM   #32
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Not bad, lol.

I'm always concerned about losing things. Whether it's people I love or physical things. I'm OCD. I check my cards in my wallet multiple times if I use it, etc.

The external hard drive was in my case that I'm in now. Has a handle and all that. Maybe I'm scared of my computer crashing again too, who knows.

I was distracted in my dream, because of the chicks and the unfamiliarity of the area I found myself in.

Do you often dream about losing things?

I'm going to get to the others. Been crazy busy, guys.

Sent from my mobile device.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »