Home

The Dream Analyst

This is a discussion on The Dream Analyst within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-02-2014, 08:43 PM   #9
TCM
MVP

TCM's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: The Dream Analyst

I feel like my dreams have been pretty weird lately, but I haven't really remembered them. I'll try and think about it more and hopefully I'll have one for you to analyze.

Butte College
Old 05-02-2014, 09:43 PM   #10
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Not mentioning any specific dreams right now because I can't get them too specifically after waking up unless I think about them, but for the last few years my dreams have become very "normal." You know when people always dream of flying or whatever fantastical stuff... I haven't had one of those in years. Yeah, every so often I'll be in one place then I'll find myself in some completely different place, or my best friend/pet will resurge from their rests, but for the most part the dreams are just... me living out my life. Nothing too amazing, scary, or anything else.

I wonder why they've normalized so much lately. By the way, believe me when I say I'll be coming back into this thread quite often just so I can recall some dreams and see what others think of them. Keep in mind that I might be very specific and detailed, because I want to jot down exactly every single thing that I recall.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 05-02-2014, 09:54 PM   #11
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I haven't had too many crazy dreams lately but as a kid I often dreamed of being in the school bus and whenever it would make a turn i'd fall off my seat into what would best be described as a dimensional black hole. It would happen a few times then i'd wake up a little freaked out.

I'll keep this thread in mind if I wake up to anything kind of weird.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2014, 10:05 PM   #12
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
What kind of qualifications do you have for offering to analyze someone's dreams, CMH? It might help to get more people to offer if they knew the quality of the advice they're getting.

Only the satisfaction of others that wanted guidance in understanding or becoming aware of what's troubling them.

Not seriously expecting anyone to ask. But dreams are amazing and this is also a chance to share any with the community.

Sent from my mobile device.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 05-02-2014, 10:22 PM   #13
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
Only the satisfaction of others that wanted guidance in understanding or becoming aware of what's troubling them.

Not seriously expecting anyone to ask. But dreams are amazing and this is also a chance to share any with the community.

Sent from my mobile device.
It's definitely interesting to work through them and see if there is meaning. Good luck to those that choose to share

Watch me play video games
Old 05-02-2014, 11:55 PM   #14
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Dreams are indeed fascinating and , when I remember them, often leave me wondering about their significance when I wake up. As far as my dreams go, weird is normal for me. I still remember a bunch of dreams from years ago. We're talking dreams from when I was in middle school so that's 20 years ago.

A specific example I remember. I dreamt that I was in a space ship with aliens (I guess) and we were going to Saturn. On the way I had to go to the bathroom so the ship stopped at a rest stop on Mars which was just a port-a-potty sitting on the Martian regolith. When the ship got to Saturn, it was cold and somewhat dark, but Saturn also bore a strange resemblence to the auditorium at my middle/high school.

I once dreamed that there was a temporal rift in my bedroom wall that transported me back to the Mesozoic era. Another time I had a dream in which I found this camera thing which was actually a time travel device that transported me to the bottom of a shallow sea during the Paleozoic era.

I've also had thematic dreams. I sued to have dreams about finding secret passages either in my house or at my school that led to additional rooms and areas that weren't really there.

The ones that were at my house were always rather specific as the passage was an small opening that I could barely squeeze through on the bottom of the same wall of my closet. After being remodeled when I was in 9th grade, my room took up the whole attic. Previously my room only took up half the attic (The other half was my sister's room, but she moved to a different room downstairs that had been an extra room or guest room) which is what the secret room resembled.

A more recent theme is that I'm back in college and it is finals week and there is some huge assignment that I have to get done but that I haven't even started yet and it has to be done by the end of the week.

Like Blzr, I've also had dreams in which some of my departed relatives and pets are still alive.

I've also had plenty of truly bizarre and even messed up dreams that I don't care to share.

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Old 05-03-2014, 12:13 AM   #15
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

I have the teeth dream a lot. I assume it's because one if my biggest fears is losing a tooth.

For the last few months, all of my dreams have been something relating to current happenings in my life.

One dream I had reoccurring as a kid and teenager was me in my aunt's house, sitting on her living room floor. There would be a noise that would just get louder and louder, some type of sound that you'd get from something that flies, than a small ball of light would come out of the bathroom and down the hall towards me but it was flying around like it was crashing.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2014, 12:32 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
It's weird, but as I have gotten older, I rarely remember any of my dreams.
Obviously, I am unsure of what you know and don't know about dreams, so I don't mean to be presumptuous, but there's some effective strategies that often go a long way toward improving one's dream retention. With some small & easy adjustments, we can kind of open up a new world. Two big tips I use to remember my dreams on a relatively consistent basis:

1. Before bed, I'll consciously make myself think about dreaming. Not only that, but I'll think about how I'm planning on remembering my dreams when they occur.

2. I keep something bedside to record my dreams directly after they happen. Recall how many times you've awoken out of a tremendous dream you were certain you'd never forget, only to forget it five minutes later? Having a notebook or even a cell phone near your bed where you're able to record cliff notes of your experiences immediately will help cement those memories in your brain.

Last edited by VDusen04; 05-03-2014 at 11:37 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »