Home

Your brain fart(s) of the day

This is a discussion on Your brain fart(s) of the day within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-19-2010, 12:17 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Your brain fart(s) of the day

Oh, finding my car is always an issue for me. I think every UConn football game I went to this year I spent at least 20 minutes looking for my car. And there's been multiple times that I've parked in a city and ended up wandering around the wrong garage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2010, 05:27 AM   #42
Pro

OVR: 8

Oh man I have a bad habit of not switching out lock cylinders on cars where the door needed to be replaced and we get a used door. I take the lock cylinder out of the damaged door, take the lock cylinder out of the used door, somehow mix them up and put the wrong one in the used door and don't bother checking to see if the key will even work it until I've got everything else done.

We had this BMW come in and someone didn't hook up the hood latch. So basically there was no way to do anything under the hood of that car without cutting a hole in the hood. I imagine it woulda sucked if you were gonna change the oil in your car, dropped the plug, let the oil drain out and then noticed that theres no way to put oil in it.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:34 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 32

I've done the whole looking thing when the item was in my hand the whole time. This usually happens with my cell phone, truck keys or wallet... I've probably done it at least twice within the past year.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Here's a funny one... No joke on this, either. One time I went looking for my nine-month-old son. I couldn't find him anywhere and started freaking out. One time he was in the stroller by the front door because I was going to take him for a walk, and the other time he was on my back in one of those baby holder things. All that weight and I couldn't put it together. I looked for him for at least two or three minutes before I realized where he was.

Figure that one out.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:37 AM   #44
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24

One that my wife does alot is, she will call our home number and when I answer she will ask me where I am. Well I just answered the house phone so......
Old 12-19-2010, 09:11 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 18

My worst was one of the first nights back home after my son was born. He woke up to eat in the middle of the night, so I sat up in bad to hold and feed him. Well, I must have dozed off, and my wife took him and put him back in the bassinet. Well, I woke up about an hour later in the same upright position, and for some reason, was holding my wife's stuffed dog I bought her for Valentine's Day that year. It took me a second to realize I had the dog and not Alex, so I freaked out, chucked the dog against the wall, and started shuffling through the sheets like a madman looking for my son.

It wasn't until I looked at my wife, who was in an uncontrollable fit of laughter, that I realized what was going on. She still laughs about it to this day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2010, 12:15 PM   #46
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Last night at work, an order was delayed but the box was still put up. So they thought we were missing a pie, but I figured out the mystery. Moments later, I screwed up two pies, then dropped cheese all over the floor when someone asked me a question and I turned to look at them while the cheese hit the floor and my shoes. Ugh, felt stupid because I was bragging about how I don't make mistakes at work, only fix them. Needless to say, I got bumped down a notch or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 12-19-2010, 01:08 PM   #47
MVP

Taur3asi3's Arena

OVR: 17

2 Friday's ago I had to leave home at like a quarter to 6am to make it to my 8am class and i spent a good 10 minutes looking for my glasses which I was wearing.

This morning I was sewing a suspender/braces button back onto a pair of pants and half way through I realized I was sewing it on the outside and not inside.

For whatever reason I have a chronic forgetfulness with regards to the zipper of my pants. First putting the pants on is never an issue the issue is only when i have to use the bathroom or whatever and i just dont remember to zip back up.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:41 PM   #48
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Not recently, but several times I have gone inside the gas station to pay for gas and leave without pumping it. Only to realize 2-3 miles down the road and come back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »