Home

How do you guys pro-actively manage anxiety?

This is a discussion on How do you guys pro-actively manage anxiety? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2023, 12:27 PM   #33
Prince of Plakata

Jolly Roger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How do you guys pro-actively manage anxiety?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
It's not to say our generations haven't had our conflict and challenges, I am just wondering what the exact version of me, during that time would have done to battle through each day, like this version does. To me, I see the century-ago generations as having to deal with so much more external challenge. If gives me no solace, reprieve, nor shame, just the curiosity of how.
I think spirituality must be a big part of it. And I'm not here to preach any specific religion or spiritual practice, but I think everybody needs some sort of spirituality in their life. You just can't believe that we're here, we struggle, we die, and that's it. I'm not arguing whether this is factual, I'm simply arguing that, whether it's true or not, you can't let yourself believe it.

I've gotten more spiritual in my own way over time, and it's changed my life for the better. I'm much quicker to recognize when some worldly matter is bothering me and remind myself that it's not important. We have bigger, wonderful, beautiful things coming in ways we can't even perceive.
Old 02-24-2023, 11:05 AM   #34
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4

Does anyone here struggle with sleep anxiety (insomnia)?

For the past couple of months I have struggled with sleep anxiety and just cant seem to shake it. When night time approaches, I start to get anxious about going to sleep and worrying about not getting enough sleep.

Just wanted to see if anyone else here struggles with it too.
Old 02-24-2023, 01:11 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelguy4736

For the past couple of months I have struggled with sleep anxiety and just cant seem to shake it. When night time approaches, I start to get anxious about going to sleep and worrying about not getting enough sleep.

only on Sunday nights, Mondays are the worst for me, after that I'm good.
until the next Sunday.
I dont have a permanent cure, I just deal with it the best I can. I might sometimes fall asleep for an hour, but then I'm right back awake at 11pm or midnight.

so I try to sometimes get a baseball video game in, played on the playstation

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2023, 12:18 PM   #36
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

Personally, I just scheduled my first therapy session yesterday. I feel like I've been struggling with depression on and off for probably 15 years and this is the first time I've actually tried to do something about it. It's been marginally worse in the past 7 or 8 months. I've got to try something.
Old 03-03-2023, 12:20 PM   #37
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

Quote:

You bet, I've battled it on and off for a long time. I used to have intense nightmares when I was in college and thankfully that has dwindled. I still rarely have an uninterrupted night's sleep though.
Old 03-03-2023, 01:11 PM   #38
Inter Miami

southernmetalhead's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
only on Sunday nights, Mondays are the worst for me, after that I'm good.
until the next Sunday.
I experienced this when I had a typical Monday to Friday 9-5 job that I hated. Sunday nights were terrible.
Old 03-03-2023, 01:37 PM   #39
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps91
Personally, I just scheduled my first therapy session yesterday. I feel like I've been struggling with depression on and off for probably 15 years and this is the first time I've actually tried to do something about it. It's been marginally worse in the past 7 or 8 months. I've got to try something.
There was always a stigma around going to therapy. I think it has gotten better over the years. I personally do it once a month if I can. Does it always help? Maybe not but it just feels good to talk to someone who isn't family or friends and get their honest opinion. Sometimes it's just good to hear yourself talk and you can have a light bulb moment where you figure it out on your own.

I know when I was struggling with anxiety real bad a couple months ago, I told a friend about my struggles. They asked if they could share my story with a church group of theirs, which I didn't mind. They came back and told me they had several people in the class just breakdown crying because they were either struggling with anxiety or depression but never wanted to bring it up. They said it was the best class they had been apart of in a long time because people opened up more about their struggles and they didn't feel alone anymore.

I am of the mindset now of just being open with people because you never know who it might help. I came to the conclusion we all struggle at times with anxiety and we really need to focus on our mental health, especially in these social media connected times.

So I hope therapy works for you because I know it does for a lot of people. Just being able to talk with someone is really helpful.
Old 03-03-2023, 02:52 PM   #40
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

Quote:
There was always a stigma around going to therapy. I think it has gotten better over the years. I personally do it once a month if I can. Does it always help? Maybe not but it just feels good to talk to someone who isn't family or friends and get their honest opinion. Sometimes it's just good to hear yourself talk and you can have a light bulb moment where you figure it out on your own.

I know when I was struggling with anxiety real bad a couple months ago, I told a friend about my struggles. They asked if they could share my story with a church group of theirs, which I didn't mind. They came back and told me they had several people in the class just breakdown crying because they were either struggling with anxiety or depression but never wanted to bring it up. They said it was the best class they had been apart of in a long time because people opened up more about their struggles and they didn't feel alone anymore.

I am of the mindset now of just being open with people because you never know who it might help. I came to the conclusion we all struggle at times with anxiety and we really need to focus on our mental health, especially in these social media connected times.

So I hope therapy works for you because I know it does for a lot of people. Just being able to talk with someone is really helpful.
Thanks. I appreciate it

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »