Home

How do you guys pro-actively manage anxiety?

This is a discussion on How do you guys pro-actively manage anxiety? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-21-2022, 02:43 PM   #25
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: How do you guys pro-actively manage anxiety?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yeah that's what my older sister said but then my mom would be mad at me for going down there (it's about 5 hours or so round trip) and not visiting her. I did consider doing this but my wife thought it best we just not go to not cause grief.
But you could do everything you had planned. Visit your mom and then go to your Dads house and enjoy Thanksgiving with family and friends. If your mom gets mad at you because you didn't bring her back a plate from a dinner she was invited to, then so be it.

Why sacrifice yourself and your connection with other family members because of her being mad? I understand its uncomfortable, but I think backing out all together is not only providing her with the power to decide what family functions you attend, but also bringing you grief from other family members because you chose to not attend simply because it upset your mom.

You stated the most important things is family and friends, but are willing to sacrifice that in order to keep peace with your mom who seemingly trying to get you to join in her misery, and right now is accomplishing that

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2022, 11:06 AM   #26
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

I wake up everyday (most days actually, I like to embellish things) with the feeling of impending doom. My focus is on what is around the corner instead of what is around me in the moment. I spend such quality time dwelling on what may be...so frustrating.

I do attempt to focus on the grind; the daily focus on my responsibilities and the wonderful positives I have in my life. I love the reminder of "get to" instead of "have to". That helps me focus. Doesn't always get done very well, but I try.

It's the way I am with many years of honing and unless I find the magic spell, I expect I'll be dwelling until the end.
Old 11-26-2022, 07:37 PM   #27
Rookie

GatorsLF3's Arena

OVR: 6
How do you guys pro-actively manage anxiety?

So part of your homework is to find a way to reduce stress. You have also made a post about about social media being damaging but on Twitter it’s a whole different story.

Last edited by GatorsLF3; 11-26-2022 at 07:40 PM.
Old 12-25-2022, 07:29 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 0

Meditation, avoiding stress, dealing with my problems on time
Old 12-26-2022, 02:00 PM   #29
All Star

OVR: 0

I would say biggest thing would be try to advoid what ever your stress/anxiety trigger is. I can't get away from mine unfortunately.

I don't really handle it. That is why I am around 50 lbs over weight been stressed out for basically 10+ years just can't seem to catch a break, and so I eat a lot of things like cookies, ice cream etc to try to cop with it. Was stuck at a job I hated for 9 years because I couldn't find another job no matter how hard I tried. I keep hearing people say there are jobs out there but like 80% of jobs will not train you and expect you to have a 4 year degree and lots of experience. I even went back and got my AA to try to stand out a little bit more. Out of the remaining like 20% of jobs that don't require you to have a 4 year degree and such you are one of like 50 people who are trying for the one spot.

At the job I hated and feelt so trapped there for those 9 years that I would basically have panic attacks ever day at work. For years I would have just quit but if you quit you can't go on unemployment and if you can't go on unemployment or find a job than how do you make money? I was worried that I would snap any day and get fired to because off all the frustration that I had built up combined with the fact I don't have a poker face like at all.

I also feel like I can't be my self with woman seem to just creep woman out and that also was causing me daily panic attacks for a while as I was being reminded a lot that I am not even good enough for the friendzone because of stuff that had happened. I am not natural a confident person and all the time I have put into job hunting to only not hear back/get rejection emails has killed my already naturally low self esteem and the few issues I had with woman and feeling like I can't be my self only killed my self esteem even more.

I finally got out of job middle of last year only because of a friend putting in a word in for me but only for the new job to get bought out a few months later and be told they would be closing by end of 2022. So it's like really just really I can't find a job I finally get out only for new place to get bought out shortly after and force me back to dealing with this broken job market. How cursed am I? So yeah going to get laid of this Friday December 30, and will have to go on unemployment and I know normally you can only be on unemployment for 6 months and that is nothing considering I have basically been job hunting for 10 years and can't get anything. I am bitter person as a result of this and I wish I could get back the thousands and thousands of hours I have spent looking for a job back.

Even though you don't get a lot from unemployment if I could I would just live on unemployment for all my life or go out on disability for emotional destress because that is all job hunting causes me any more. I have not been able to sleep to because of it before this I could fall asleep In like 15 minutes and stay asleep all night until my alarm clock went off now it's waking up like 6 times a night. Looking at jobs makes me like physical sick now because I am just so tired of doing it feels like all my life is anymore is working and looking for work just so over it
Old 01-26-2023, 09:08 PM   #30
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillmiller
The biggest problem for me is to see the difference between the anxiety episodes and the beginning of depression. When do you realize that your current situations is not okay anymore and you should get a professional help?
I think you answered your own question. If you feel that way, then seek help. Better to do it now before things get worse.
Old 01-27-2023, 10:38 AM   #31
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

I say this with all do respect for everyone, so please presume positive intentions:

I have followed this thread, so I don't think this has been discussed. I often think about the generations living at the beginning of the last century. Those generations experienced a pandemic while a world war was being fought, into a few years of normalcy, into the Great Depression, into another world war, into 2 more military conflicts, all without the conveniences, or perceived conveniences that are available in the present. How did people cope. (I say this rhetorically because of course many didn't and those that did may have needed help)

It's not to say our generations haven't had our conflict and challenges, I am just wondering what the exact version of me, during that time would have done to battle through each day, like this version does. To me, I see the century-ago generations as having to deal with so much more external challenge. If gives me no solace, reprieve, nor shame, just the curiosity of how.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2023, 11:01 AM   #32
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
I say this with all do respect for everyone, so please presume positive intentions:

I have followed this thread, so I don't think this has been discussed. I often think about the generations living at the beginning of the last century. Those generations experienced a pandemic while a world war was being fought, into a few years of normalcy, into the Great Depression, into another world war, into 2 more military conflicts, all without the conveniences, or perceived conveniences that are available in the present. How did people cope. (I say this rhetorically because of course many didn't and those that did may have needed help)

It's not to say our generations haven't had our conflict and challenges, I am just wondering what the exact version of me, during that time would have done to battle through each day, like this version does. To me, I see the century-ago generations as having to deal with so much more external challenge. If gives me no solace, reprieve, nor shame, just the curiosity of how.
Well, for one thing, other generations didn't have to deal with social media.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »