Home

Old 11-11-2015, 01:09 AM   #793
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Fallout 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent3419
i am buying the physical ps4 version tomorrow. how long does it takes to play once i put it in?

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk
About 30 mins to install. You get to watch the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. videos.

it does download a patch but it was only 200 MB

PS5/PSN: myghty
Old 11-11-2015, 01:50 AM   #794
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Going to take a while to get used to the dog. I play late in the evenings and it sounds like a rad roach is following me around. Makes me even more ancy/jumpy.

VATS is nice for ammo conservation, and the power armor is fun. Looking forward to eventually doing some city building.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2015, 03:06 AM   #795
MVP

OVR: 0

Ok, installed and only put close to an hour in so far. The first thing I noticed was The Witcher 3, Batman, and Metal Gear kind of spoiled me as far as graphics and general player movement. Its one of those things where I didn't expect it to be noticeable but it really is.

Not too much of a big deal, and I don't think bethesda games are meant to be played in third person anyway. This is the first time since having the option in a game to switch views that I might go first person (I don't like first person by the way), and I think if you're going to have a third person mode available, try to get it on the level of the competition (character just seems to transition so stiff). Seems dated so I'm not initially impressed.

I'm thinking once I get into the meat of the game and start exploring and interacting it'll be good. Hell, I'm barely even out of the vault.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2015, 08:01 AM   #796
Rookie

OK for anyone who records their gameplay with like a elgato or something are you having problems? I was attempting to record and record commentary but for some reason everything was corrupted. Very bad gittering and ripping no real sound or anything. Once i stopped trying the commentary it recorded a bit better but still very bad gittering and ripping. I am going to try not to record in 1080p and see if that helps but it is really frustrating. I recorded a bunch of hours so far and I just hope I can salvage some funny things that happened. Specially one where I was shooting a single fire bolt action and every time I racked a round spent shell a beer bottle would come out.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:25 AM   #797
MVP

ricky24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Going to take a while to get used to the dog. I play late in the evenings and it sounds like a rad roach is following me around. Makes me even more ancy/jumpy.

VATS is nice for ammo conservation, and the power armor is fun. Looking forward to eventually doing some city building.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I switched to the robot but he was even more annoying. I'm constantly turning around to see him blocking a door way. I just got to the point where I can have a Human side kick so I might try that tonight.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:39 AM   #798
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
I switched to the robot but he was even more annoying. I'm constantly turning around to see him blocking a door way. I just got to the point where I can have a Human side kick so I might try that tonight.
there just as bad. I was sneaking with syths all around and some how it got lost and I was by a corner where 4 syths were and two sentrey guns and here it comes through the middle of them right to me. needless to say I died fairly quick lol. It brought them all right to me. Not to mention it gets in the way of everything
Old 11-11-2015, 09:04 AM   #799
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

So is there any consensus on the 3rd person view? Good? Bad?
Is there another game that you can compare it too?

Thank-you!
Old 11-11-2015, 09:13 AM   #800
MVP

ricky24's Arena

Fallout 4

I switched to it a couple times and thought it was awful. First person is much better. I actually wish I could shut off the switching. That way I could just tap the same button to launch builder node.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »