Old 07-15-2014, 12:36 PM   #65
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22
No Man's Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
So wait.....

In that scenario he described regarding someone killing all life on a planet, does thts affect my game or just theirs? Maybe I skipped over a sentence or just am not grasping the MMO elements here.

I've wondered that too. What if somebody decides they want to just go around to every planet or moon they can and wipe out all sentient life they find. I don't think I'll like going to places where it tells me that some turd already visited and wiped out all life on the planet. Then again, if the galaxy in the game is as vast as it sounds, maybe it won't matter all that much? I guess it'll be something we'll have to find out.

I'm not sure I've ever been more intrigued, and fearful of being suckered, by a video game in my entire life. I hope Hello Games can deliver what they're saying because it could potentially end up being the best gaming experience one has ever had.
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides

Last edited by SlimKibbles; 07-15-2014 at 01:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2014, 12:55 PM   #66
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: No Man's Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKibbles
I've wondered that too. What if somebody decides they want to just go around to every planet or moon they can and wipe out all sentient life they find. I don't think I'll like going to places where it tells me that some turd already visited and wiped out all life on the planet. Then again, if the galaxy in the game is as vast as it sounds, maybe it won't matter all that much? I guess it'll be something we'll have to find out.

I'm not sure I've ever been more intrigued, and fearful of being suckered, by a video game in my entire life. I hope Hello Games can deliver what they're saying because it could potentially end up being the best gaming experience one has ever have.
I feel the same way. I'm always paranoid about getting fooled by another "E3 Showcase" that ends up under delivering. This one almost sounds too good to be true. Really looking forward to seeing more about this one.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:09 PM   #67
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
That's an excellent question and I don't know...However, I wouldn't be surprised if that turd becomes a target for those who want to be bounty hunters with a huge price on his/her head. And what happens if you die?

Oh, and another thing that was mentioned in one of those videos. They did say there maybe something of a negative dark force within this galaxy but wouldn't elaborate on it.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:12 PM   #68
MVP

TrustedDegree4's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picci
Maybe down the road in multiplayer, you can have a team go with you?

Like I said, if Hello Games does this right, it's unprecedented.
So in the start it not gonna have multiplayer aspect of flying around and doing stuff with people. But it gonna get it later on which I can understand.

But they said 2 things that caught me in the videos.

The first one I mention already about someone being able to destroy all life on a planet. If we can not stop them then a lot of planets are gonna get destroyed for everyone.

The second one is that he said that if you and your friend are going around attack people, then they will split you up.

It confuses me because he sometimes hints that there is. I know it not the main focus of the game.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:24 PM   #69
MVP

TrustedDegree4's Arena

Quote:

I'm not sure I've ever been more intrigued, and fearful of being suckered, by a video game in my entire life. I hope Hello Games can deliver what they're saying because it could potentially end up being the best gaming experience one has ever had.
A lot of people are gonna destroy life on planets when it comes out. Whether it was a good or bad will have to be seen. They could of been terrible planets they destroyed or planets with plentiful resources and and amazing things to find.

I'm intrigued with this game also and I don't want it to be bad. It has a lot od bold things in the game that people don't believe. I'm just worried that you can't do things that affect the game.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:26 PM   #70
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustedDegree4
So in the start it not gonna have multiplayer aspect of flying around and doing stuff with people. But it gonna get it later on which I can understand.

But they said 2 things that caught me in the videos.

The first one I mention already about someone being able to destroy all life on a planet. If we can not stop them then a lot of planets are gonna get destroyed for everyone.

The second one is that he said that if you and your friend are going around attack people, then they will split you up.

It confuses me because he sometimes hints that there is. I know it not the main focus of the game.
Yea, I wanted to correct myself on an earlier part. I said that we as bounty hunters would go out and seek that person that's destroying worlds. Can't happen since we're not multiplaying yet. Maybe the ingame mechanics will finish him off? The turd is flying and attacked by a squadron of ships and destroyed by the ingame's AI? Fascinating.!?!
Old 07-15-2014, 04:27 PM   #71
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
That's an excellent question and I don't know...However, I wouldn't be surprised if that turd becomes a target for those who want to be bounty hunters with a huge price on his/her head. And what happens if you die?

Oh, and another thing that was mentioned in one of those videos. They did say there maybe something of a negative dark force within this galaxy but wouldn't elaborate on it.

See that's kind of what I thought could happen but I'm kind of confused on whether you can run into other players. I thought he said you could but can't do anything to them? I dunno. For all we know, the dark force things in the galaxy could destroy you if you erase a species from existence.

I will say the speculating is kind of fun!
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2014, 04:35 PM   #72
MVP

TrustedDegree4's Arena

Quote:

They could do a lot of things with the what happens when you die thing. They could make you start all over, buy some type of machine that remakes you, but you either lose your ship, it spawns with you or have to find it since it is a sci-fi game, and other possibilities.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »