Old 06-20-2014, 06:39 PM   #41
MVP

TrustedDegree4's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: No Man's Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
4 Man dev team mind blown
It gonna be more guys on the Dev team once this game release and becomes a hit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2014, 06:46 PM   #42
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

So what exactly do you do in this game besides trying to find new planets?
Old 06-20-2014, 08:06 PM   #43
MVP

TrustedDegree4's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
So what exactly do you do in this game besides trying to find new planets?
They said you could fight other ships, sell good s and be a trader, destroy all the life forms on a planet,upgrade your suit, and maybe ship, and explore the galaxy. Wish they had it to where you could join a friend's game and explore with them.

That all they really said about the game.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:22 PM   #44
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

If they let me build a suit like a robotech cyclone or a Gundam plane/mech to play around the planets with, ill be happy
Old 06-20-2014, 08:25 PM   #45
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Game is also on my list as a top buy. Open world.....wow, cant wait. Kotaku" sits down with Devs for more info...

Quote:
In No Man's Sky you play as...someone. We don't know who that person is or what their motivations are or what their backstory says. And we won't find out. At least not until we get our hands on the game, and even then it's up to the player to discover what they can. "There is a lore to the universe and we adhere to that but we're not going to tell you," Murray said. "We're not going to describe it to you. You can read into that whatever you want. We're not going to tell you who you are or why you're there. We have our story."

When you start the game off as this...somebody, you start off with a ship. It can go as far as space but not deep into interstellar travel. To do that, you'll have to invest in bigger and better ships.

"There are opportunities to interact with other players, but we're not trying to make an MMO and we're not trying to make a traditional multiplayer because it just doesn't suit that," Murray said. "You and I, when we play, we will be light years apart and we have no control over that—where we start off. We can try to fly to the same place and if we do we'll see the same things and we can make certain drops and do interactions between each other. But we're not all flying to one planet and then having a run around together. What I would be after is something Journey-esque. You know that you were playing with other people, but you're not saying, "Hey! Join me in Journey for a quick game!"

But do you have any friends in this world? Anyone who won't attack you and could even help you?

"We're not telling you, 'Oh this race is good, this race is bad,' or anything like that," Murray said. "You will find that, say, little things like the insignias on their ships, things like that, they're actually consistent. And you can read into that what you will and you will see consistencies in who seems to fight."

http://kotaku.com/what-no-man-s-sky-is-1592766016
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2014, 09:50 AM   #46
Pro

j3nkins29's Arena

OVR: 5

http://youtu.be/aTczqx-PWJU
Old 06-27-2014, 02:28 PM   #47
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3nkins29
AT around the 6:10 mark they explain the core of your journey, well for some who have the ship, suit, resources.....Exciting stuff!
Old 06-27-2014, 02:49 PM   #48
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

I wish they'd be clear about the game instead of making it seem like its some big secret in regards to what you're supposed to do.

"oh you start on a planet, get a ship, you upgrade it, you travel to another planet, and you continue to play to play the game"

Like what kind of cokamaymee description is that?

I love the concept but man come on are yall paranoid or something?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »